Just can't beat the heat

BPoletti

Re: Just can't beat the heat
« Reply #60 on: 1 Jul 2012, 09:28 pm »
Excellent.  This noble endeavor has sucked up the better part of the day.  Just the sheer stress and distraction of anticipation has been well worth it.  Though the results disappointing (das ist shade), the process was as fruitful and yielding of interesting information as an audit of Vermont's key lime orchards. 

Congrats on the monumental amount of time spent on this worthle...  worthy effort. 

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #61 on: 1 Jul 2012, 09:29 pm »
Sure Wolf... you try it and report back to us!  :thumb:

What are you nuts....I'm staying inside where it's cool..... :jester:  :lol:

BPoletti

« Reply #62 on: 1 Jul 2012, 09:31 pm »
Oh, BTW, I don't think that my integrity will be brought into question any longer. Sanity... maybe.

I don't recall anyone questioning your sanity.  That has been well-established by just being an audiophile.     :D

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #63 on: 2 Jul 2012, 02:22 am »
All you needed to do was this  :thumb:

WRONG!  That egg was put there AFTER it was cooked!  If it were raw it would have all run through the slots in the manhole cover!   :duh: :lol:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #64 on: 2 Jul 2012, 02:53 am »
Here's hoping you all see some relief sooner rather than later, though the forecasts don't seem to be very favorable in the short term.  :o

Din, don't forget to submit your write-up to Wikipedia. Can't have such a wealth of scientific data being lost/buried in the archives.... JD

Charles Xavier

« Reply #65 on: 2 Jul 2012, 08:35 am »
WRONG!  That egg was put there AFTER it was cooked!  If it were raw it would have all run through the slots in the manhole cover!   :duh: :lol:

actually I cooked it on a transformer first

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #66 on: 2 Jul 2012, 12:19 pm »

actually I cooked it on a transformer first

Well, THAT's a horse of a different color! :thumb:

gooberdude

« Reply #67 on: 4 Jul 2012, 01:01 am »
We got a little bit of rain today on the e. side.  I was in fairview hts at 5pm & it drizzled for 15 minutes, then drove to collinsville where it rained much harder for a while.

Did Missouri get a drop?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #68 on: 4 Jul 2012, 01:22 am »
Late afternoon yesterday in Manchester, the sky got very dark gray, poured like cats and dogs, got some hail, the temperature dropped 30 degrees.....

All that took about 15 minutes to happen.  :o

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #69 on: 4 Jul 2012, 01:33 am »
And by the time it reached downtown, POOF!  All gone! :scratch:

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #70 on: 4 Jul 2012, 03:09 am »
Nothing in Glendale, yesterday or today.  :(

BPoletti

« Reply #71 on: 4 Jul 2012, 04:06 am »
i could count the raindrops that fell in Fairview Heights this afternoon.  And there weren't too many.

gooberdude

« Reply #72 on: 4 Jul 2012, 04:16 am »
Srsly, I was with a client in Fairview at the time and we just walked a property slowly.  No need to run for cover!   It was over before it began unfortunately.

For years people have been saying the e. side was crispy & dried up, i finally believe them   :lol:

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
« Reply #73 on: 4 Jul 2012, 04:25 am »
Between "Snowmageddon" and the recent storm, I am SO glad we moved to San Francisco from DC.  It's beautiful here!

:thumb:

drummerwill

« Reply #74 on: 4 Jul 2012, 01:33 pm »

yeah way too hot !!

Have fun
   Willie

bside123

« Reply #75 on: 4 Jul 2012, 02:54 pm »
Happy 4th Everybody. Our locally, renowned, annual fireworks display at our farm has been called off this year. :bawl: Too dry... way too dry. No rain for about 2 months. Temps in the 100s for 2 weeks. Smoky the Bear says, "No. No. No."  :nono: All we need is for those "granola crunchin', crazy, organic, old hippies" to start the Shawnee Forest on fire. :duh: Guess we'll have to postpone it for... let's say... December 21, 2012... for when the calendar runs out!  :thumb:

gooberdude

« Reply #76 on: 4 Jul 2012, 05:10 pm »
Thank you for not burning down Camp Ondessonk!!

Honestly, lets hope we don't have 'fireworks' when the calendar runs out    :lol:

I can hear all the bi-planes buzzing around downtown from inside my loft.  I feel for the brave souls out in the heat today around the Arch grounds.  It also has to suck for the pyro technicians who bank on this weekend to make their seasonal salaries. 

Supposed to be 104 today 

bside123

« Reply #77 on: 4 Jul 2012, 05:18 pm »
Supposed to be 104 today

Still not hot enough to fry an egg!  :lol:

gooberdude

« Reply #78 on: 4 Jul 2012, 05:23 pm »
Don't be so impatient - we still have July, August & September to experiment     :o

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #79 on: 4 Jul 2012, 05:37 pm »
The fire has been lit on the grill.

Got some St. Louis style ribs with my favorite dry rub. Five ears of corn wrapped in aluminum foil. A few Brats. Tina is making the sides. I'll be doing a loaf of sourdough on the grill as well. So far, two beers down, and first glass of wine has been poured.

My son is in his room playing video games, wife and daughter are sunbathing and I'm hiding in the shade and air conditioning listening to Nino Josele. Of course my son and I are trying to see who can fill the house with the most sound and vibration. The gunfire from his room, or the Flaminco stomping from Nino on my system.

I think I'm winning.  8)

My biggest worry in life right now is pacing myself so I don't have a hangover for work tomorrow.

Life is good.

Bob  8)