Just can't beat the heat

gooberdude

Re: Just can't beat the heat
« Reply #100 on: 6 Jul 2012, 11:12 pm »
Just a reminder too, for anyone.  Most of our local HVAC firms took a hard hit financially this winter, when we didn't have much of a winter.  If you have to wait more than a day or 2 call other firms.  The techs should be hungry for work, busting their arses to impress new customers.

Our residents get served the same day or early the next, period.  The big issue is when the parts aren't in stock and it may take 1-2 days to get the AC back on.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #101 on: 6 Jul 2012, 11:14 pm »
We are so busy at work, I'm telling folks that we're booking appointments for one week out for car repairs.
Unfortunately, that includes people with no A/C.  :?
I feel so bad saying that, but we just don't have the manpower.

There was one exception....
They said their car A/C was blowing hot (I told them it would be next week. like everybody else), then they said their seat heaters were stuck on high, and their windows won't roll down.

Sonuvabitch.  :o

"Get in here right now", I said.

True story, I swear.

At this moment in time, all three of their concerns are solved.
I am human after all.  :lol:

Bob

gooberdude

« Reply #102 on: 6 Jul 2012, 11:47 pm »
Hilarious!!  The same thing happened to me a few years ago while driving my dad's Jeep Grand Cherokee.  The windows would roll down, but the A/C stopped working with the seat heaters on high, during a StL summer.  It sucked!!   You're a good man.

wedweb

« Reply #103 on: 8 Jul 2012, 04:20 am »
We were beating the heat in Branson this week.  On the way back we stopped in Pacific for gas and bathroom...then proceeded down the road through Pacific into Eureka.  What are all those caves along that road from?  On the left as you head towards Eureka, not on the interstate but in town.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #104 on: 8 Jul 2012, 04:56 am »
We used to play that game in college ... called it Hot Box.  First guy to give and ask to roll down the windows looses.  To make the game really interesting we'd fill up on Taco Bell a few hours before  :lol:

We are so busy at work, I'm telling folks that we're booking appointments for one week out for car repairs.
Unfortunately, that includes people with no A/C.  :?
I feel so bad saying that, but we just don't have the manpower.

There was one exception....
They said their car A/C was blowing hot (I told them it would be next week. like everybody else), then they said their seat heaters were stuck on high, and their windows won't roll down.

Sonuvabitch.  :o

"Get in here right now", I said.

True story, I swear.

At this moment in time, all three of their concerns are solved.
I am human after all.  :lol:

Bob

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #105 on: 8 Jul 2012, 04:58 am »
We were beating the heat in Branson this week.  On the way back we stopped in Pacific for gas and bathroom...then proceeded down the road through Pacific into Eureka.  What are all those caves along that road from?  On the left as you head towards Eureka, not on the interstate but in town.

In Pacific?  I'm pretty sure that's where the zombies live ...

Scott F.

« Reply #106 on: 8 Jul 2012, 10:47 am »
Those are old silica mines. There is an active mining operation just past them on the the left, US Silica. As memory serves, they were trying to rent the upper portion of those out for storage. Don't know if it ever took off though.

FINALLY, we got some rain last night :thumb: looks like one more day of heat and it finally breaks. I think I saw 96 today and 90 tomorrow.

So, what was that, 10,12 days over 100? :duh:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #107 on: 8 Jul 2012, 01:33 pm »
Yep - I believe yesterday was 10 days.  We got a decent amount of rain last night over about a 1 hour period.  Didn't think it was supposed to rain til today but a welcome surprise.  It's WAY cooler out on the front porch this morning than it has been for a while. 

Bryan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #108 on: 8 Jul 2012, 04:44 pm »
We used to play that game in college ... called it Hot Box.  First guy to give and ask to roll down the windows looses.  To make the game really interesting we'd fill up on Taco Bell a few hours before  :lol:
Yea, Half a lifetime ago I would have accepted the challenge. Now.....aint' no way.  :nono: I can't do it like I used to.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #109 on: 8 Jul 2012, 04:47 pm »
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Scott F.

« Reply #110 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:02 pm »
In Pacific?  I'm pretty sure that's where the zombies live ...

Yep, and now that it's cooling off a bit, that's when they start to gather. If it gets cool enough, I'll bet there will be another outbreak.

Hey, speaking of zombies, have you guys seen this?

http://www.atlantazombie.com/

Looks like a great road trip :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #111 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:23 pm »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator

Blackmore

« Reply #113 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:32 pm »
Looks like the zombie run is just a few miles from my house.  Weird.

bside123

« Reply #114 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:35 pm »
Looks like the zombie run is just a few miles from my house.  Weird.

Seems like you've got comfortable accommodations for them right downstairs. Might wanna keep your cats inside... just saying'  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #115 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:41 pm »
Seems like you've got comfortable accommodations for them right downstairs.
:lol: I was thinking the same thing!