A new suggestion for vinyl newbies................

trebejo

Re: A new suggestion for vinyl newbies................
« Reply #100 on: 15 Oct 2010, 04:54 pm »
Mr. Fremer recommends it, and so does Robert Reina of Stereophile.

Robert Reina gushed elegiac about the NHT bookshelf speakers. From personal experience, I cannot agree with him. Such a review is probably outright disinformative.

The only thing I'll read in a stereophile review are the lab reports and the graphs. I wish there was more of that around (hi Frank!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:).

RakeAngle

« Reply #101 on: 9 Nov 2010, 02:22 am »
Rega P5 with external power supply and most importantly, Groovetracer mods. Sub-platter especially.

Agreed.  With all three Groovetracer mods and the external PS, the Regas are awesome tables.

Delta Wave

Art_Chicago

« Reply #103 on: 2 Dec 2010, 04:55 am »
Hello there! Is there still a hope to find a cheap but gooood TT?

Brett Buck

« Reply #104 on: 2 Dec 2010, 05:44 am »
Hello there! Is there still a hope to find a cheap but gooood TT?

Wayner was right, don't buy anything used.

Disregard the posers, the Technics 1200 series is decent and a quality piece, although not exactly cheap. Add longhorn Grado, set it up correctly, you are good to go. You can probably get better turntables for 3x the money but not enough better to warrant the extra expense.

Brett

Tom Alverson

« Reply #105 on: 2 Dec 2010, 05:48 pm »
  Wayner was right, don't buy anything used.

Disregard the posers, the Technics 1200 series is decent and a quality piece, although not exactly cheap. Add longhorn Grado, set it up correctly, you are good to go. You can probably get better turntables for 3x the money but not enough better to warrant the extra expense.

Brett

The Technics 1200 is now discontinued so if you want one you should get it before the remaining stock is gone:

http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2010/10/28/dead-spin-panasonic-discontinues-technics-analog-turntables/