« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2013, 07:02 pm by SET Man »

adrianc

Re: Let's see your tubes!
« Reply #341 on: 12 Feb 2013, 05:57 pm »
Hey!

Well, how about some tubes in action picture?  :wink:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:
Hi,SET Man,understand that post valves with amps will be better than just valves but unfortunate I don't have enough amps to display all of my collection,so I better stop posting valves pictures just in case someone though I'm just want to show all of my valves,so no more valve pictures from me.
All the best

SET Man

« Reply #342 on: 12 Feb 2013, 06:10 pm »
Hi,SET Man,understand that post valves with amps will be better than just valves but unfortunate I don't have enough amps to display all of my collection,so I better stop posting valves pictures just in case someone though I'm just want to show all of my valves,so no more valve pictures from me.
All the best

Hey!

Don't get me wrong. This were not aiming at you or anyone else. I just have the picture of my 845 glowing that's all. And 845 is one of the brightest so you know for sure is in action.

I have to admit every time I see pics of your tubes I always feel jealous and wish I have all those tubes myself.  :green:

adrianc, do post pics of you tube collection. It is very informative to me and others here.

Take care,

Ericus Rex

« Reply #343 on: 12 Feb 2013, 06:23 pm »
    adrianc, do post pics of you tube collection. It is very informative to me and others here.

+1.  I'd also love some close-up pics of the innards of some of these rare tubes you have.  For my education    :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #344 on: 12 Feb 2013, 07:06 pm »
Hey!

OK, I changed the opening line of my post on 845 tube. Hope that's better not to offend anyone  :icon_lol:

Should have post picture of my KR Audio 842VHD tube, since they don't glow at all I usually can't tell if they are on or not unless I look through it side and see the dimly glow of it filaments or feel the heat.   :D

Take care,

adrianc

« Reply #345 on: 12 Feb 2013, 10:09 pm »
Hey!

Don't get me wrong. This were not aiming at you or anyone else. I just have the picture of my 845 glowing that's all. And 845 is one of the brightest so you know for sure is in action.

I have to admit every time I see pics of your tubes I always feel jealous and wish I have all those tubes myself.  :green:

Take care,
Hi,SET Man,do apology my misunderstanding,the reason why I post valve picture is to giving more details of some of the vintage valves to someone might needed.All of these vintage valves are getting very very expensive now(thanks to the wealthy audiophile from China) so a helpful information is nice before you spend your hard earn money.
Best regards
Adrian

adrianc

« Reply #346 on: 12 Feb 2013, 10:12 pm »
+1.  I'd also love some close-up pics of the innards of some of these rare tubes you have.  For my education    :thumb:
Hi,Ericus,how are you and thank you very much,will keep posting valves picture and hope you will like them.
Best regards
Adrian

adrianc

« Reply #347 on: 12 Feb 2013, 10:33 pm »
Another Brimar's best
12au7 black plate square getter
The last two on the right have different unusual getter(RCA getter),quite strange.
Any way these are one of the best ECC82 money can buy.

adrianc

« Reply #348 on: 17 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm »
Another Brimar 12au7 two third plate
Excellent timing and powerful bass,a bit upfront

underdawg

• Industry Participant
« Reply #349 on: 18 Feb 2013, 12:02 am »
I hate to say I am contemplating replacing my tube system with solid state at the moment.

Freo-1

« Reply #350 on: 18 Feb 2013, 12:16 am »

I hate to say I am contemplating replacing my tube system with solid state at the moment.

Why?  Solid State cannot sound like these babies:

underdawg

• Industry Participant
« Reply #351 on: 18 Feb 2013, 12:29 am »
Well I have Cary cad 100 class a tube monos amps and odyssey stratos monoblocks and its hard to tell.

Freo-1

« Reply #352 on: 18 Feb 2013, 12:47 am »
Well I have Cary cad 100 class a tube monos amps and odyssey stratos monoblocks and its hard to tell.

Interesting.  What tubes are you using?  I would think you should notice an improvement if (for example) you had GE-6550A's, and it should sound different from the solid state amp.  The 1625 mono blocks sure sound different than my Pass Labs amps.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #353 on: 18 Feb 2013, 12:53 am »
The prob w SolidState amp is every year there is a plethora of new transistors, which are better and more power full than the old ones sit in the current hi fi amps.
If you stick with a tube amp, you will use tubes which already exist for decades and will continue to live for much time. :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #354 on: 18 Feb 2013, 01:24 am »
I agree. Those darn tube are worthless.
Send me your address and I'll be so kind as to take all those expensive, big, heavy, watt consuming, room heaters out of your life.
I'm just that nice of a guy.  :wink:

Bob

ltr317

« Reply #355 on: 18 Feb 2013, 03:32 am »
Another Brimar 12au7 two third plate
Excellent timing and powerful bass,a bit upfront

Those middle ones are 6067 Yellow Ts.  Very nice.  I had several 6060 Yellow Ts.

Guy 13

« Reply #356 on: 18 Feb 2013, 10:04 am »
Send me your address and I'll be so kind as to take all those expensive, big, heavy, watt consuming, room heaters out of your life.

Bob
Hi Bob and all Audio Circle members.

Room heater you say !

I would call my audio stuff: a furnace.

I would like to listen to some music today,
but now in (Saigon) Vietnam it's 35C/95F
My 12,000 BTU air conditioner even at maximum,
can only bring down the temperature down by one or two degrees.

But I will not send or anybody else my tube amplifier,
because one day, I will be back in Canada and there in January,
I need some heaters or tube amplifiers, the same.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #357 on: 18 Feb 2013, 10:08 am »
The prob w SolidState amp is every year there is a plethora of new transistors, which are better and more power full than the old ones sit in the current hi fi amps.
If you stick with a tube amp, you will use tubes which already exist for decades and will continue to live for much time. :thumb:

Hi FULLRANGEMAN and all Audio Circle members.
Solid state amplifiers get obsolete very fast, not tubes.
Do you know many electric or electronic devices that can still be repaired after 40 plus years ?
I have both, tube and solid state.
However, I would not pay several thousands of dollars for a solid state amplifier
and then after a few years, throw it in the garbage because it's irreparable.

Guy 13

underdawg

• Industry Participant
« Reply #358 on: 18 Feb 2013, 03:35 pm »
I agree its near impossible to replacement transistors nowadays nor crossing the. Miss the old shack days and getting nte replacements

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #359 on: 18 Feb 2013, 05:44 pm »

Bob

Sir, please step away from the tubes.  :nono: