Raising some money for Gary Dodd...

Danny Richie

Re: Raising some money for Gary Dodd...
« Reply #20 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:00 pm »
I am so glad to see the sense of family shown here today.  It makes me proud to be part of such a caring group of people.

Scott

You are not kidding. In less than 2.5 hours $316.50 has been sent to me from only 6 people. Very moving!

HT cOz

« Reply #21 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:07 pm »
Very nice set of IR Repeaters that comes with 4 repeaters and is upgradable.  The price is $65 delivered OBO. 100% of funds will be dontated to Gary Dodd's recovery.  Email me with any questions.

Kind Regards,
Robert

putz

Re: Helping Gary
« Reply #22 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:17 pm »
I just sent $ to your Paypal address for Gary. Part of the proceeds from the Pro-ject table I sold here last week.

If you guys want to send funds to me via Paypal, I will make sure it gets in Gary's hands.

You can send to: info@gr-research.com

If you want your donation to be anonymous then please let me know when you send it.

walkern

« Reply #23 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:21 pm »
I've got an older Adire Shiva 12" DVC subwoofer driver and one of Danny's PR-12A passive radiators  now SOLD! Thanks Ryan! that I'm not using.  Those two together in a 2 to 2.5 cu ft enclosure with some decent plate amp would make a pretty terrific subwoofer for music or home theater.  Would happily separate or sell together and donate all proceeds to Gary.  I do NOT have a plate amp or a cabinet for these.

I've also got a brand new sealed Adcom GFS 3 speaker switcher that I just discovered when I was cleaning out my attic. Sorry no picture of this. Got it at the Consumer Electronics show in Chicago in the 1980s.

Best offer by this Friday evening will 'win the day' for any or all of the units.

Feel free to PM me with questions, or if you'd like more photos.

Keeping Gary in my prayers as well.

Neil
« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2011, 09:18 pm by walkern »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:25 pm »
Trung,
I'll buy that Buffer from you.  Do you want me to send a paypal to Danny or send payment to you direct.?

Scott

dvenardos

« Reply #25 on: 29 Mar 2011, 06:13 pm »
Small donation sent.
If you guys want to send funds to me via Paypal, I will make sure it gets in Gary's hands.

If you want your donation to be anonymous then please let me know when you send it.

wywires

« Reply #26 on: 29 Mar 2011, 06:14 pm »
Donation sent...

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #27 on: 29 Mar 2011, 06:53 pm »
Donation sent.

Nick77

« Reply #28 on: 29 Mar 2011, 06:56 pm »
Donation sent, thanks Danny

Praying also.

pardales

« Reply #29 on: 29 Mar 2011, 07:09 pm »
Donation sent to RusSMaN.

TomS

« Reply #30 on: 29 Mar 2011, 07:17 pm »
I've never actually bought any of Gary's stuff. I had a chance to meet him at RMAF a few times, and have enormous respect for him, his abilities, and his gear and would still love to own a Dodd piece one of these days. Like many of you here, I am blessed to abundance so I want to help out in some way. We've been there done that with big medical bills, even with insurances, so know the drill.

Here is my DIY FirstWatt Pass F5 clone that I built myself, not a Rawson.

Other images in my gallery http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1730

Typical crude metal chassis, Conrad heatsinks, Panasonic TSHA's, PRP resistors, Vampire RCA's, Cardas CPBP's, overall pretty decent build quality. Works and sounds great.

$450 to the appropriate Paypal donation account. No negotiation on this one as it's going direct to him.  I'll cover ground shipping in the US.

Continuing to keep Gary in prayers here.

Tom

TrungT

« Reply #31 on: 29 Mar 2011, 07:57 pm »
"Best OFFER" on DIY Dodd Buffer.
I have S Clark offer $400  :thumb:
I have S Clark offer $475  :thumb:
I have S Clark offer $500  :thumb:
I have jn316   offer $550  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2011, 04:58 pm by TrungT »

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 29 Mar 2011, 08:10 pm »
Hey guys, check the latest update in the other thread.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #33 on: 29 Mar 2011, 09:57 pm »
I am continually impressed by the generosity of this community.  You guys are really great.

I'd like to help out, but am in a fairly precarious financial position myself due to some medical bills so I don't really have anything to give.  I will offer this, however:  If anybody buys ANY NIB gear from me (since I'm only breaking even on the demo stuff anyway) during the next two weeks, just mention Gary and I'll give you a 10% discount and send 50% of the gross profit to Gary's fund.  I hope that doesn't sound too self serving, but having some income is the only way I can donate.  On the other hand, if a few of you were thinking of buying some new tube gear anyway and choose to do it now, the proceeds for Gary could add up pretty quick.  There's no dollar limit on this offer.

starkiller

« Reply #34 on: 29 Mar 2011, 11:41 pm »
Donation sent :green:

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #35 on: 30 Mar 2011, 02:31 am »
Danny, I didn't see this thread and that you were taking a collection - I'll keep it going at Club Polk and forward it over to you as gifts as they come in.  Thanks brother!

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #36 on: 30 Mar 2011, 02:34 am »
Danny, I just checked paypal and I've got $1500 + headed your way as gift for you to pass along to Gary.

You guys are awesome.

rogerdn

« Reply #37 on: 30 Mar 2011, 02:36 am »

Will send donation tonight and add Gary to my prayer list, thks so much for your help Danny.

TrungT

« Reply #38 on: 30 Mar 2011, 02:44 am »
Russ   :thumb:
Awesome
Let me know when you going over Gary on Thur.
We can do lunch if you can.

TomS

« Reply #39 on: 30 Mar 2011, 02:51 am »
The DIY F5 amp is sold. Thanks to the buyer who jumped on it though he wishes to remain anonymous. Funds should have already hit Danny's GR Paypal tonight.

Tom