Raising some money for Gary Dodd...

cleestedwood

« on: 28 Mar 2011, 05:29 pm »
Danny, do you know if Gary has a paypal account?   Maybe we could paypal some donations to help him out. Let me know. Keep up the fight Gary, we're all praying for the best.  Paul

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2011, 07:53 pm »
This is from Gary's web page.
Dodd Audio
2606 Maple Drive
Garland TX 75042

It may not be Paypal, but we can get the ball rolling using his address, and from what I can tell, he could use help now rather than later.  I'll get a check in the mail today.  If you can, send a little something asap.

Scott

mca

Re: Raising some money for Gary Dodd...
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2011, 09:45 pm »
Does Gary have any completed amps or preamps that could be put up for sale to raise some cash?

HT cOz

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2011, 10:35 pm »
More prayers to Gary and an idea to combat the feeling of frustration in reading what is happening.

Here is the idea; everyone has something in their system sitting in a closet that is not being used.  Go get it, sell it and send the proceeds to Danny or someone who can gather the money and get it to Gary.  I have an IR repeater that will go up for sale tonight.

Kind Regards,
Robert

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2011, 11:07 pm »
Is anybody able to show Gary this thread??, Trung--your awesome, point this out to him, the thread, it will blow him away and keep his mind off the rest of the bullshit.

Nels Ferre

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2011, 11:11 pm »
Have a MacBook I could have let him borrow, but Trung has that covered. Looks like he needs cash more anyway.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2011, 12:40 am »
Scott,
Great idea!  Money is on the way!

TrungT

« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2011, 12:55 am »
Great Ideal.
I have a Dodd Buffer, build by me, not thing fancy.
I will talk with Danny and put the Dodd Buffer on  Auction style.
100% money go to Gary.

arthurs

« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2011, 01:22 am »
I have the DCCA speaker cables listed here for $400 or best offer.  100% of sale price will go to Gary.  Try some great SC's in your system and help Gary out...

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=90376.0

HT cOz

« Reply #9 on: 29 Mar 2011, 04:33 am »
Here is a link to my sale http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=93027.msg925235#msg925235 

TrungT and Art you guys seriously rock  8)

I know a lot of you have something sitting in a closet just taking up space that could help out!  :thumb:

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #10 on: 29 Mar 2011, 01:20 pm »
Guys, I guess I'm going to roll with it, and do it on here and Club Polk. Let's pass the plate for Gary, and get the rent covered if possible. I've got a Sony preamp that I haven't yet sold, I'm going to price it to move and try to help out with a couple hundred. Five, Ten bucks, whatever you want to do, whatever you can do.

Use audioads@tx.rr.com for paypal gifts, I'll pull the cash out and take it straight to him. I'll also be happy to print a ledger / screenshot from the paypal account for anyone that has donated. Let's see what we can do by COB Thursday, and I'll pull the cash and take it to him on Friday. I've posted this on Club Polk also, I don't think anyone else is handling this so far, so I might as well.

I'll dig around here today and see what else I can do on quick sale to raise some cash. Any questions or concerns at all, just email me rgates@polkaudio.com or polkaudioruss@gmail.com (will hit my phone just about instantly).

If someone else is already doing this, please let me know.  Skip the Starbucks and Double Cheeseburgers for the rest of the week, and let's try and make a difference.

-Russ

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 29 Mar 2011, 03:07 pm »
Here is my part in this:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=93040.msg925392#msg925392  Ever want an UberBUSS?  Now is your chance.

Get well, my friend.

Dave

THANK YOU!!! - Two people replied pretty much at the same time so they are both getting an Uber .  Thank you George, thank you Will.  You all are awesome!

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 29 Mar 2011, 03:13 pm »
Many very generous people have recently offered to sell off various pieces of gear that they are no longer using and sending the proceeds from the sale to Gary Dodd.

You can follow up on Gary's condition in this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91864.0

So I am making a new thread for you guys and moving sale items mentioned in the update thread over to this one.

Thanks guys!

And thanks to PJ for moving the posts around for this thread.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2011, 04:52 pm by Danny »

TrungT

« Reply #13 on: 29 Mar 2011, 03:19 pm »
DIY Dodd Buffer $400.00 or best offer by Friday midnight Central time.

Please PM for more info.
Thanks everyone to make this possible.

Danny Richie

Re: Helping Gary
« Reply #14 on: 29 Mar 2011, 03:29 pm »
If you guys want to send funds to me via Paypal, I will make sure it gets in Gary's hands.

You can send to: info@gr-research.com

If you want your donation to be anonymous then please let me know when you send it.

bummrush

« Reply #15 on: 29 Mar 2011, 03:31 pm »

See if this worked.I know no history on this cd player, its old school for sure,no remote but it is possible,has dig out,player is solid and quiet.Is it worth 50 maybe, but the deal is $100 takes it and that $ 100  goes to Gary.That money doesnt have to go to me through paypal it should be sent to the address that is doing the pp, its around somewhere.All i need is buyers address and i will send, this could be tinkerers dream on  a old school player,

Sorry dog not inc,dont know how the hell that got there

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Fundage!
« Reply #16 on: 29 Mar 2011, 03:42 pm »
Guys, I guess I'm going to roll with it, and do it on here and Club Polk. Let's pass the plate for Gary, and get the rent covered if possible. I've got a Sony preamp that I haven't yet sold, I'm going to price it to move and try to help out with a couple hundred. Five, Ten bucks, whatever you want to do, whatever you can do.

Use audioads@tx.rr.com for paypal gifts, I'll pull the cash out and take it straight to him. I'll also be happy to print a ledger / screenshot from the paypal account for anyone that has donated. Let's see what we can do by COB Thursday, and I'll pull the cash and take it to him on Friday. I've posted this on Club Polk also, I don't think anyone else is handling this so far, so I might as well.

I'll dig around here today and see what else I can do on quick sale to raise some cash. Any questions or concerns at all, just email me rgates@polkaudio.com or polkaudioruss@gmail.com (will hit my phone just about instantly).

If someone else is already doing this, please let me know.  Skip the Starbucks and Double Cheeseburgers for the rest of the week, and let's try and make a difference.

-Russ
Russ, thank you for this.  I really appreciate it.  You will have payment for one of the Ubers in a few minutes and the other as soon a s George and I make arrangements.

My very best.

Dave

grimace

« Reply #17 on: 29 Mar 2011, 04:48 pm »
Many very generous people have recently offered to sell off various pieces of gear that they are no longer using and sending the proceeds from the sale to Gary Dodd.

You can follow up on Gary's condition in this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91864.0

So I am making a new thread for you guys and moving sale items mentioned in the update thread over to this one.

Thanks guys!

Okay, bare with me while I figure out how to move those topics into this thread. I might need some help from those with facilitator powers.

Danny, I need to call you back to complete my order on the N3 kit that I need shipped along with the damaged TL enclosures that I bought from Ruben last week.

Ruben, I don't know Gary, but I'll add another $50 in my paypal to Danny that he can pass onto Gary if you match it! 

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #18 on: 29 Mar 2011, 04:52 pm »
I am so glad to see the sense of family shown here today.  It makes me proud to be part of such a caring group of people.

Scott

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #19 on: 29 Mar 2011, 04:58 pm »
Does any of you have access to Audiogon Blue Book?

I'm trying to determine a fair price for my Bryston BP-25DA Preamp which I'm going to list for sale here and the money will go to Danny for Gary.

Thanks,