Jerrin

Re: Raising some money for Gary Dodd...
« Reply #60 on: 1 Apr 2011, 02:31 pm »
Donation already sent, thanks Danny!

Hope he feels better soon.

Danny Richie

« Reply #61 on: 1 Apr 2011, 03:41 pm »
I can't thank all of you enough that have sent contributionsions and prayers.

I have had more funds come in since this morning. This was just the total of what had come in since last night.

My wife is to be there around 2 o'clock. Gary had a scheduled meeting at the hospital this morning to have his blood checked. Then he is supposed to be home around 2 to meet my wife there.

I think he will be in for a very uplifting surprise.

Thank you, all of you.

HT cOz

« Reply #62 on: 1 Apr 2011, 03:51 pm »
No longer needed.

Fantastic news for Gary  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #63 on: 1 Apr 2011, 03:57 pm »
Danny I think you need to protect yourself and not post the bank routing and acct number.  Change this quick.

Yeh, that probably wouldn't hurt.

That should do it.

Thanks for the reminder.

arthurs

« Reply #64 on: 1 Apr 2011, 04:18 pm »
Good people doing good things....    :thumb:

jn316

« Reply #65 on: 1 Apr 2011, 04:50 pm »
Incredible!  (applause?...where's the applause emotican?)  :scratch:

God bless you, Gary   :angel:

jn316

« Reply #66 on: 1 Apr 2011, 04:55 pm »
I want to keep bringing this before the AC community.  Gary sells these complete for around $1500 (ok, his may look prettier- sorry Trung) but this is a real steal and an important time to buy if you have been thinking about getting one.  Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to take it for $500, but the truth is, I already have one.  So, if you were ever interested in trying one of these, this is a great time to do and a great price.  Do I hear $550?

$550

Ok, now someone save my marriage and top me on this!!!!!!!   :o

TrungT

« Reply #67 on: 1 Apr 2011, 05:00 pm »
^^^^^
AWESOME  :angel:
Thank you  :thumb:
I do have an extra room if you needed. (short term only  :wink:)

TomS

« Reply #68 on: 1 Apr 2011, 05:21 pm »
Danny,

Great news and I sure hope he can get on track soon now that they know at least part of the mystery. Having to move is certainly a pain but I suppose it could be much worse. Thanks to all you guys for being out front on this and enabling him to heal with at least a couple less worries.

BTW, I re-tested and shipped the F5 to the buyer today so we're all good there.

Tom

arthurs

« Reply #69 on: 1 Apr 2011, 05:26 pm »
I think it's time Trung got some recognition for the tireless work he's doing to support Gary and for just flat out being there in the trench with him and doing some of the lifting.  I know when I talked to Gary this week he was awful thankful Trung was around as much as he has been and very appreciative of all you're doing for him.  Just reaffirms what we've known all along Trung, you are an example we can all learn from on what being a friend really means...thanks for being there for Gary.   :thumb:

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #70 on: 1 Apr 2011, 05:42 pm »
+1 for Trung  :thumb:

I think it's time Trung got some recognition for the tireless work he's doing to support Gary and for just flat out being there in the trench with him and doing some of the lifting.  I know when I talked to Gary this week he was awful thankful Trung was around as much as he has been and very appreciative of all you're doing for him.  Just reaffirms what we've known all along Trung, you are an example we can all learn from on what being a friend really means...thanks for being there for Gary.   :thumb:

saisunil

« Reply #71 on: 1 Apr 2011, 06:34 pm »
It shows there is more joy is giving then getting ... really  :scratch:  ... don't know why I still hang around audiogon so much ...  :duh:

Thank you all ...

Danny Richie

« Reply #72 on: 2 Apr 2011, 12:29 am »
My wife just now left Gary's a little while ago. She was a little late getting there because my daughters made it to the finals.  :banana piano: They didn't win, but considering they are just a 2A school playing against some 4A and 5A schools, not bad. I am very proud of them. They play doubles with each other.  :thumb:

Anyway, Gary didn't open the envelope while they were there. But soon after they left he did. He called me soon after that. I think his words were "Holy Freaking Cow, I wasn't expecting this." He said it brought tears to his eyes. Then said, "now I can afford to move out'a here." There was a lot of relief heard in those words too. And then he added a big "thank you". That "thank you" was for all of you. Words cannot express the gratitude.

On another good note, his blood looked good (as per todays check up). Some of the stomach swelling went down, and he was able to eat a little bit.

rpf

« Reply #73 on: 2 Apr 2011, 01:16 am »

+2.  This is indeed a very good thing you're doing, Trung. 

And thanks again for the update and your efforts, Danny.

TrungT

« Reply #74 on: 2 Apr 2011, 01:43 am »
 :oops:
I would do everything as I can to all Friends.
Thank you for you kind words.
As you can see, a lot of friends, some don't even know Gary and willing to help.
THANK YOU.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #75 on: 2 Apr 2011, 02:05 am »

And thanks again for the update and your efforts, Danny.

You're a good man Danny.

And kudos to the missus for making the delivery.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #76 on: 2 Apr 2011, 02:19 am »
Very nice!!! :thumb:

pwag

« Reply #77 on: 2 Apr 2011, 03:29 am »
$550

Ok, now someone save my marriage and top me on this!!!!!!!   :o

We can do better for Gary and also save jn316's marriage.

$650 for trung's buffer.

I never directly purchased anything from Gary, but I do enjoy a Virtue 901 with his buffer.

May things get better for you soon, Gary.

Peter

TrungT

« Reply #78 on: 2 Apr 2011, 03:39 am »
^^^^^
Thanks for saved jn316 marriage.
You are Awesome.  :thumb:
Thank you.

TrungT

« Reply #79 on: 2 Apr 2011, 03:42 am »
"Best OFFER" on DIY Dodd Buffer.