Radiohead new album... The thread responsible for crashing Audiocircle.

Pez

Yes yes yes! Finally! To paint a picture of how long its been since Radiohead released an album lets look back. The same year the first iPhone came out, Hillary Clinton was the theoretical Democratic nominee, And I was rockin out with the 626Rs still.

Go get it now and download it in WAV!

www.radiohead.com
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2011, 12:00 am by Pez »

sts9fan

Re: OMFG New Radiohead album Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:19 pm »
Ah, and it seems just like yesterday I was underwelmed with an over hyped release from them...

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:20 pm »
I will beat you.

stereocilia

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:24 pm »
They aren't giving this one away for free either, correct?  I hope it's good, but I'm not expecting another "OK Computer."  I'm expecting an average level of whelmed.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:30 pm »
Ah, and it seems just like yesterday I was underwelmed with an over hyped release from them...

Sadly, I agree with you.

Glad I didn't pay for it.

George

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:32 pm »
Beating list is growing. :evil:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:40 pm »
Beating list is growing. :evil:

Oooo...I am so scared.   :lol:

C'mon Pez, you have to admit that when you rank their albums, "In Rainbows" doesn't exactly go to the top of the list.

George

Sam-fi

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:44 pm »
In rainbows is a great album. I am debating which version to get.

Sam

gary

« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:49 pm »
In rainbows may not have been the Greatest Album Ever Recorded by May (hey, there can only be one OK Computer after all), but it was still a solid release. The limited edition packaging with vinyl & 2 cd's was amazing, and I'm definitely hoping for something similar this time around.

gary

Pez

« Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2011, 06:18 pm »
I agree with Gary 100% not the best Radiohead album ever, but singularly a fantastic album. The special edition package with it was certainly a huge bonus for me as a fan. My favorite album from Radiohead... I vacillate between ok computer, the bends and Kid A... Hate that question.  :duh:

posternutbag2000

« Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2011, 06:31 pm »
Hmmm...I love In Rainbows....After OK, and the Bends, I'd put it third....I like Kid A and Amnesiac b ut rarley throw them on these days...HTTT gets more airtime than those two forays into electronica....

regardless...I'm pretty pumped for Saturday as RH has yet to put out a bad album...

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2011, 06:35 pm »

Has anyone heard anything about them getting a label to release a CD-only version like they did with "In Rainbows" in addition to the CD & Vinyl "newspaper" package ?  :drool:

D.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2011, 07:42 pm »
In Rainbows was their first album since OK Computer that I wasn't slightly disappointed with.  I just prefer the guitars over the synths   :rock:

werd

« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2011, 07:53 pm »
"In Rainbows" is fabulous. It just layers and layers and layers... all while keeping a great beat. Its brilliant  :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #14 on: 16 Feb 2011, 07:58 pm »
Wow, I announced this on Monday (same Music Circle), when it was first announced (and when I immediately ordered  :thumb: ), and got no reaction.  Pez, you are da man I guess.!!   :scratch:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91397.0

BTW, In Rainbows is a tremendous album....George, you are hereby called out.   :D

No big surprise actually Ted,,, you didn't start your thread title with OMFG. Gets attention every time.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #15 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:07 pm »
Awesome!!! Swee-eet!

Imp.

Sam-fi

« Reply #16 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:09 pm »
Has anyone heard anything about them getting a label to release a CD-only version like they did with "In Rainbows" in addition to the CD & Vinyl "newspaper" package ?  :drool:

D.

I heard somewhere that they will be releasing a version to retailers after this pre-sale is shipped sometime in March.

Sam

baumer

« Reply #17 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:42 pm »
I have to agree with werd on In Rainbows. It seems like every time I listen to it I hear something new.

I don't know about everyone else, but I did read about this on your thread Ted. You know, that one that was started back a few days ago that no one responded to! I say we vote to re-name this thread "OMFG, ted_b's second official thread on the new Radiohead release"!  :thumb:

You're not invisible anymore  :D

pjchappy

« Reply #18 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:43 pm »
Hmmm...I love In Rainbows....After OK, and the Bends, I'd put it third....I like Kid A and Amnesiac b ut rarley throw them on these days...HTTT gets more airtime than those two forays into electronica....

regardless...I'm pretty pumped for Saturday as RH has yet to put out a bad album...

That's where I'd put In Rainbows, too.  However, sometimes The Bends is #1 in my book.  I love me some Radiohead!

I ordered the special vinyl package (which comes with a CD). . .even though I don't have a vinyl set-up. :duh:  I'm a sucker, eh?  Either way, I can download the .WAV files Saturday.  Can't wait. :thumb:

Paul

Crimson

« Reply #19 on: 16 Feb 2011, 08:59 pm »
Jes, I'm stoked! Preordered yesterday.