Radiohead new album... The thread responsible for crashing Audiocircle.

SlushPuppy

Re: OMFG New Radiohead album Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: 16 Feb 2011, 09:10 pm »
I like In Rainbows quite a bit. In fact, it's the first album of theirs I liked enough to buy. I've since bought others, but it remains in my top three.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #21 on: 16 Feb 2011, 09:21 pm »
Wow, I announced this on Monday (same Music Circle), when it was first announced (and when I immediately ordered  :thumb: ), and got no reaction.  Pez, you are da man I guess.!!   :scratch:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91397.0

BTW, In Rainbows is a tremendous album....George, you are hereby called out.   :D

Could it be you read that on my original thread?? (releasing cd and vinyl in US on March 28th)  Maybe?  :)  Sorry...feel invisible today.

Thanks Ted for providing your thread link. As is your way, there is much more actual album info available there and was very useful for accessing my own personal source preferences.  :thumb:

Oh yeah Ted, you can always go back and modify your thread title;
OMFG, Happy Valentines Day Surprise!! new Radiohead album is here Saturday!!!!!

has a nice ring to it.  :jester:

Cheers,
Robin

SlushPuppy

« Reply #22 on: 16 Feb 2011, 09:35 pm »

Thanks Ted for providing your thread link. As is your way, there is much more actual album info available there and was very useful for accessing my own personal source preferences.  :thumb:

Oh yeah Ted, you can always go back and modify your thread title;
OMFG, Happy Valentines Day Surprise!! new Radiohead album is here Saturday!!!!!

has a nice ring to it.  :jester:

Cheers,
Robin

Yeah, there was no OMFG in the title of the other thread so I stayed away  :wink:

werd

« Reply #23 on: 16 Feb 2011, 10:12 pm »
I have to agree with werd on In Rainbows. It seems like every time I listen to it I hear something new.

I don't know about everyone else, but I did read about this on your thread Ted. You know, that one that was started back a few days ago that no one responded to! I say we vote to re-name this thread "OMFG, ted_b's second official thread on the new Radiohead release"!  :thumb:

You're not invisible anymore  :D

I know, it does not let up with fillers and sythesized layering, the album is like the energizer bunny for  electronic layering. It reminds of a great symphony where nothing sounds bad, every filler has a beat and a purpose,  its one of my favs. You hear them getting better at it as albums are released but they perfected it with "In Rainbows"..imo.

Pez

« Reply #24 on: 16 Feb 2011, 10:59 pm »
Wow, I announced this on Monday (same Music Circle), when it was first announced (and when I immediately ordered  :thumb: ), and got no reaction.  Pez, you are da man I guess.!!   :scratch:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91397.0

BTW, In Rainbows is a tremendous album....George, you are hereby called out.   :D

Did you threaten anyone in your thread? That helps stir controversy. The dumbasses on this site Luvs themselves some controversy.  :)

Pez

Done, I'm way past my quotient on pissing off religious people already this year.  :duh: :wink:

werd

« Reply #26 on: 16 Feb 2011, 11:17 pm »
Did you threaten anyone in your thread? That helps stir controversy. The dumbasses on this site Luvs themselves some controversy.  :)

Something like. "Free Beer,  Free punches in the face, and btw Radiohead's new release on Saturday..."

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Guess I am in the minority with this group in terms of connecting with "In Rainbows" and ranking it highly in the Radiohead catalog.   :dunno:

I go with "The Bends", "OK Computer", and "Pablo Honey" as my top three.

George

pardales

Good news. Loved In Rainbows. I'll definitely by picking it up. 

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #29 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:07 am »
Something like. "Free Beer,  Free punches in the face, and btw Radiohead's new release on Saturday..."

Makes it sound like they're having the release party at a Saskatoon wedding social... :wink:

D.

Pez

George, you are the only person I've ever known to say Pablo Honey is among they're top 3. I do like the album, but personally rank it as the very bottom out of all their albums. There are great songs on it and it is the album responsible for getting me into Radiohead, but I just like the bends and ok computer so much more.

We'll see where the new album stands...

Also if I have pissed anyone else off with this thread (at least 2 and counting for one reason or another) I had no intention of doing that, just some good ol' fashion Pez branded fun.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Re: Radiohead new album... it's going to be better than sex.
« Reply #31 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:30 am »

Pez :  I pisses me off that you are done pissing people off...

D.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #32 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:52 am »
You can't appease everyone Jason so don't sweat it (I know you won't).  :lol:

My only concern is the content quality Radiohead's King of Limbs (cuz I loves me sex)8)

Cheers,
Robin

Delta Wave

« Reply #33 on: 17 Feb 2011, 05:12 am »
Just ordered it... sweet! In Rainbows is a fantastic album.  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #34 on: 17 Feb 2011, 05:17 am »
Radiohead new album... it's going to be better than sex.

Sorry.... :nono:

I'll take sex over music....but they do go together... :lol:

mchuckp

« Reply #35 on: 17 Feb 2011, 06:11 am »
Some RH albums needs a chance to grow on me.  In Rainbows was one of them.  I don't think I truly heard the beauty in it until I saw them live on that tour.  After that, the album never sounded the same.  I also think the album really comes alive with some good volume.  Probably a big reason why I thought it was so amazing live.  If you haven't checked it out, go to iTunes and download "From the Basement".  It's a video performance of them performing the whole album live from a studio basement.  To me, IR is mastery at minimalism.

Another album people don't talk about much that really took some time to grow on me is Amnesiac.  For quite a long time I saw it as a weak effort and a bit too out there.  It's high on my list now.  The more I listen to it, the more I discover the beauty in it. 

I personally love all of RH's albums and don't really have a favorite.  There's an album for every mood I'm in.  After getting the email this morning about the new album and preordering it, I popped in some Kid A.  "Everything in it's Right Place" is AMAZING on my home rig.  So much cool stuff going on and trippy as hell.  Looking forward to seeing what they do with the new one.  :P

baumer

« Reply #36 on: 17 Feb 2011, 02:08 pm »
I know, it does not let up with fillers and sythesized layering, the album is like the energizer bunny for  electronic layering. It reminds of a great symphony where nothing sounds bad, every filler has a beat and a purpose,  its one of my favs. You hear them getting better at it as albums are released but they perfected it with "In Rainbows"..imo.

You hit it on the head with the whole symphony idea. That album is like little bits and pieces intertwined between other sounds and ideas. I like the way Thom Yorke uses his voice as an instrument and not just to carry a message. It reminds me of Van Morrison in a way. Of course, I don't know if Van was going after that effect or not!

...Also if I have pissed anyone else off with this thread (at least 2 and counting for one reason or another) I had no intention of doing that, just some good ol' fashion Pez branded fun.

Pez, me thinks there are some that still have their undies in a bunch about your "mid-fi" comment.  :lol:

EthanH

« Reply #37 on: 17 Feb 2011, 02:30 pm »
Really looking forward to this.   :D

I think that In Rainbows is easily one of their best albums.  These days I go back and forth between In Rainbows and Amnesiac as my favorite radiohead album.  In my opinion they have really hit their stride, and practically all of their stuff has been phenomenal since Kid A.  The farther they move from traditional rock and roll the better they get IMO.

And FYI, Pablo Honey is by far their worst album.  I think the divide in their fans between the more rock and roll vs. more electronic stuff is probably a generational thing. :wink:

JoshK

« Reply #38 on: 17 Feb 2011, 02:48 pm »
And FYI, Pablo Honey is by far their worst album.  I think the divide in their fans between the more rock and roll vs. more electronic stuff is probably a generational thing. :wink:

Not sure.  I like both of their stuff, but I like their rockin stuff a bit more.  I am 35 and was a freshman in college when I first heard Radiohead.   I think it just has to do with preference. 

JakeJ

« Reply #39 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:40 pm »
Radiohead new album... it's going to be better than sex.

Yeah, with Nancy Pelosi, that is!

Here's your prom queen now

Oops...apparently she has dismissed Pez based on some physical attribute.

Here's why you always open the door for a lady.

Caption: "She just gave me a prostate exam!?!"