Radiohead new album... The thread responsible for crashing Audiocircle.

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
Re: Radiohead new album... it's going to be better than sex.
« Reply #40 on: 17 Feb 2011, 05:33 pm »
Hmm.
For me it has always been:
the Bends
Pablo Honey
OK Computer

Although, I should mention I have not been able to listen to any of there stuff since Kid A.
Not sure why, as I enjoy other electronica...just not from them.
I prefered it when you could hear Thom's vocals.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
You hit it on the head with the whole symphony idea. That album is like little bits and pieces intertwined between other sounds and ideas. I like the way Thom Yorke uses his voice as an instrument and not just to carry a message. It reminds me of Van Morrison in a way. Of course, I don't know if Van was going after that effect or not!

Pez, me thinks there are some that still have their undies in a bunch about your "mid-fi" comment.  :lol:

I made that comment, although Pez certainly has basked in my reflected glory.  ;)

Pez

I made that comment, although Pez certainly has basked in my reflected glory.  ;)

Ya, that's like hanging out with ugly people to make yourself look more attractive.  :flame:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Wakey Wakey Audiocircle! It got released early - Available now!

D.

baumer

Wakey Wakey Audiocircle! It got released early - Available now!

D.

Thanks DD, it's downloading as I type.  :thumb:

Pez

WOW! thanks for the heads up!!!! downloading now!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

djmckaytx

• Legacy Whispers, Legacy Amps, Grover Cables

Downloading right now...don't despair everyone it goes FAST, I am getting 6026kps.  Took about 45 seconds or so once Paypal confirmed.  Off to listen.

djmckaytx

Is anyone else getting a clicking static out of both channels on track 1?  Haven't heard it on the rest of the tracks, but it's annoying.  Watermarking perhaps...I have no way of knowing.

Feels like there's a lot more to be heard here...hoping they put out a 24/96 or the like.

pjchappy

Not me.  Did you download the WAV or MP3?  Maybe re-download?

Paul

djmckaytx

Not me.  Did you download the WAV or MP3?  Maybe re-download?

I downloaded the WAV files.  Didn't know I could re-download...will try that.  Thanks.

pjchappy

I don't know if you actually can. . .but you can try. :wink:

Paul

Pez

The clicking I'm hearing appears to be part of the recording and intentional. Sort of a quiet clicking in the background. Unless yours is more severe than that i wouldn't worry too much about it.

pjchappy

Yes. . .there is intentional clicking in it.  I assumed/assume he was referring to artifacts that were clearly not supposed to be there.

baumer

I think the clicking is intentional as well. It seems to start as one click, then two, and then three. Towards the end of the song it goes from three , to two, to one.

djmckaytx

Thanks everyone good to know...

rob-fi

The clicking I'm hearing appears to be part of the recording and intentional. Sort of a quiet clicking in the background. Unless yours is more severe than that i wouldn't worry too much about it.

I thought i was something like..an anti-piracy security measure?  :?

Now i can see is just part of the song.

pardales

Downloading wav. file now.... :thumb:

Pez

I thought i was something like..an anti-piracy security measure?  :?

Now i can see is just part of the song.

Its an anti-audiophile measure, designed to drive schizo-audiopaths insane.

So far the album is very electronica and sparse lyrically more similar to kid A/Amnesiac, but unlike either.  :scratch: reminds me a lot of their B sides during the 2000-2005 era. Ala Paperbag Writer, Wicked child and the like.

gary

definitely is strange. hopefully it's not a whole album of hunting bears.

Pez

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if you are not a giant Radiohead nerd like me you can pass on this album. It is Avant-garde and probably inaccessible to the uninitiated.

If you are a Radiohead fan you would probably agree when I say this, it's a good album, but it's not going to have any chart topping singles nor win any awards. While I think it is a solid work, it just isn't anything new or exciting unfortunately. Very dense, very electronic. I am enjoying it very much, but there is no holy moment for me yet.

Also it is a short album.. 8 songs that's it after almost 4 years.  :?