Radiohead new album... The thread responsible for crashing Audiocircle.

gary

omffsm. i can't wait to get home and hear this on my system.

Pez

Haha it's funny that I was able to work that out without even googling it. :P

Check out the video of Lotus Flower Thom Yorke is really gettin' down.  :dance:

JP78

Thoughts on the album?

werd

Haha it's funny that I was able to work that out without even googling it. :P

Check out the video of Lotus Flower Thom Yorke is really gettin' down.  :dance:

The underlying theme for that vid was about finding out your hotel room had bedbugs after being in it for a couple of nites. He definitely has the weebee geebees.

gary

the songs are very melodic, and catchy in a way but not in the way that would ever land them on the radio. there is a sort of beauty to the songs that i don't think they've achieved much since their music became predominantly electronic or avant garde or whatever you want to call it, and it's kind of intoxicating. i would guess this is closer to the top of their list than the bottom as far as ranking it, but as always it will take a lot of getting used to in order to get a good sense of how good it is or isn't. as i've heard before, radiohead is great at giving their fans exactly what they didn't know they wanted.

gary

low.pfile

First time checking on this thread

Did a quick scan and Didn't see any post for the free album stream (as of 02/18/11)...I bet it becomes inactive soon.

here it is: Radiohead: Dead Air Space [stream of entire album]

djmckaytx

• Legacy Whispers, Legacy Amps, Grover Cables

Pez

I want to add that coming from a sonics stand point I downloaded the .WAV file and ripped it to disc and I must say it sounds incredible. Much better than anything pre-In Rainbows and actually better than In Rainbows. So if you're on the fence regarding MP3 or .WAV spring for the $10 extra it's worth it (assuming the MP3 is just as bad as any other MP3 I've heard)

gary

um, yeah, without a question. it's more obvious now than ever that Nigel is the 6th member of this band.

werd

I want to add that coming from a sonics stand point I downloaded the .WAV file and ripped it to disc and I must say it sounds incredible. Much better than anything pre-In Rainbows and actually better than In Rainbows. So if you're on the fence regarding MP3 or .WAV spring for the $10 extra it's worth it (assuming the MP3 is just as bad as any other MP3 I've heard)

any chance of UL'in it to usenet  :)

pjchappy

any chance of UL'in it to usenet  :)

You should know better than to ask that. :slap:

gary

I just finished listening to it for the first time straight through in the dark on my stereo. I don't really get the first and the fourth tracks, but everything else is perfect. If you think of rh since ok computer as more artists with sound than a traditional band then this is their masterpiece. The last track just leaves me dying to hear whatever is coming next. If you're expecting the bends pt 2 however then no need to listen.

I can't wait to hear what they do with this live... I think it's going to be amazing. In the old days seeing them was basically a religious experience and when they play these songs live I think it'll be that way again. I can't wait.

gary

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature

Pez

Haha that is pretty damn hilarious.  :icon_lol:

Really starting to get into this album, quite a bit more than I thought I would at first.  :o

django11

• Canuckistani
This thread got me around to listening to OK Computer.  I never got past the first track before.  Don't know why.  Pretty good...

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Really starting to get into this album, quite a bit more than I thought I would at first.  :o

I think the genius of this band since ( or perhaps beginning with ) OK Computer has been their ability to make very complex and often very synthetic, mathematical music and infuse it with melody and humanity. It's a difficult feat to pull off but nobody does it better. I think King Of Limbs perhaps does a better job of this than Kid A or Amnesiac did but the folks who are waiting for a return to more conventional music a la The Bends who might have taken false hope from In Rainbows might argue that point. I personally find Radiohead's more recent music both difficult and challenging because their post-OK Computer output runs contrary to everything I normally gravitate towards in music but they haven't made a record yet which hasn't been worth the effort involved in prying the oyster open to find the pearl concealed within. I just live in fear that the day may come where they really start taking the " most important band in the world " label seriously - that'll be where I get off the bus. There's something about the Thom Yorke as ( spasmic ) Michael Jackson video for Lotus Flower that I find unsettling as a long-time fan of the band...

D.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I downloaded the wav files to my phone Saturday and then to my computer, what a great album. Laid back, closer to Kid A....

gary

thom and rh are happy, that's what i get out of the video and the album. they're in a good place (bloom), they've hit their stride (lotus flower) and this is hardly the last we'll hear from them (separator). i never thought they could top ok computer but they have - every second of this album is just perfection.

gary

pardales

Love it. Reminds me a little of Kid A.

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
It reminds me more of The Eraser than anything else.  In any event, the last three songs are killer.

Check out my review here