FIFA World Cup

Mariusz

Re: FIFA World Cup
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2010, 04:38 am »
So who in your opinion is worthy the finals.
Spain
Portugal
Brazil
Englend
Germany
Itally
France
or
my black hourse
Argentina ??????? :scratch:

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2010, 04:16 pm »

I'm praying the Australians play their hearts out against Germany tomorrow.

Chad

Me too... especially now that Serbia lost to Ghana and plays Germany next.

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2010, 08:30 pm »
So who in your opinion is worthy the finals.
Spain
Portugal
Brazil
Englend
Germany
Itally
France
or
my black hourse
Argentina ??????? :scratch:

After the GER-AUS game (4:0) I'd need to bet on Germany. They play beautifully. I was hoping Australia would make it more difficult for them, but they were unstoppable.

I am not sure what refs are doing... red card to AUS was unwarranted, even yellow card would have been questionable... they are way too easy on the trigger... the last yellow card for GER (Cacau) was ridiculous.... they are sanitizng the game way too much :(

I watched three games so far and it's promising.... there is some good football to be seen.

Mariusz

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jun 2010, 08:49 pm »
Hi Boris
My top 3:
Argentina
Spain
Germany

Then

Brazil
Italy
England

but German and Argentinian team are the ones that I'll be watching very closely. 

chadh

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jun 2010, 11:45 pm »

I saw most of the first half of the Australia v Germany game.  The Germans did look good.  But sometimes it's hard to tell whether one team's defense (the Germans) completely stifled the other's offense, or whether the latter (Australia) simply had no real creativity in attack.

At the end of the day, the German's did look pretty sound defensively and very potent in attack.  They looked much better than the English yesterday.  While Argentina appeared ready to score a bunch of goals, they looked suspect in defense - even if the Nigerians didn't do much to exploit the weakness.  By all reports, France was pretty lackluster in their game.  Which means the Germans, right now, are the standout team - by a long way.  I did hear that S. Korea was pretty impressive as well.

I'm really interested to see the Spanish team play, though - I've heard many good things about them.

I'll be surprised if the English are still in anybody's list of favorites after the first round.  They looked talented, but just didn't seem ready to "seal the deal."  And Argentina will have to shore up their defense (or start scoring tons of goals) to make the list of favorites.

Chad

Mariusz

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jun 2010, 12:08 am »
I agree that Australian team seemed intimidated and outplayed.
Hopefully they will be able to shake it off and play some ball.
My reasons for the top three are simply based on the youth of the teams (hungry and unpredictable).
Spain is predicted to do well.

PS
Love seeing Maradona all puffed up in euphoria.
Hopefully, he will keep his nose clean.   :duh:

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #26 on: 14 Jun 2010, 12:16 am »
Germany plays Serbia next and I am afraid it's not going to go well for my team  :cry:

GER plays very differently than what I remember from the last Cup (I was not impressed then). But they went to the finals in 2006 and were outplayed by Italy.

I'm very curious about Italy's performance. They are world champions at least until this World Cup is over... never spectacular in the beginning, but comes quarterfinals.... things change....

Cacophonix

« Reply #27 on: 14 Jun 2010, 01:36 am »
Agreed ... based on the performances so far, germans look head and shoulders above the rest.
Am waiting to see my perennial favorites, Brazil, take the field!  :thumb: :thumb:

mjosef

« Reply #28 on: 15 Jun 2010, 12:36 am »
Yah, those Germans were sharp...the best team play by far...I have to see more of the other top teams before I can pick a fav2win...the Dutch didn't look as sharp, was expecting better from them.  The Italians didn't look good at all, but they are in a weak group, so they may just make it out to the next stage.
Wanna see how the Brazilians, the Spaniards and the Portuguese play in the next few days...
Boris, the Serbs didn't look too good, if the Germans plays to the same high quality...may be looking at 3-4 goals on the Serbs.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #29 on: 15 Jun 2010, 01:27 am »
In this Cup every bus of the teams have a slogan on the side. Brazil bus says: ''Crowded! The whole Brazil is here!''  Anyone know any other country slogan??
USA bus would say: We are number #1.   

Mariusz

« Reply #30 on: 15 Jun 2010, 01:56 am »
Italy - no surprise there (slow start is typical but ..... They push if needed)
Dutch did not show much either.

I'm also patiently waiting to see Spain & Portugal.

Serbia can play (they have moments of "awesome") but I am affraid it might be too little too late.

As always - the ball is round and anything can happen. 

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #31 on: 15 Jun 2010, 11:31 am »
Serbian team disappointed (half or my country is still cursing them, and we have some nasty curses, which make us proud  :scratch:). Ghana was better than I expected, but that is not an excuse, most Serbian players are among top players in Western European teams. They did not click together and the price was paid. Not much to hope against Germany – they play very clean and aggressive soccer that is a pleasure to watch. Best I can hope for is a beautiful game… and a tie… or a miracle (it did happen once or twice)  :D

Italy never shines in the beginning, they just play enough to move on.

Need to see Argentina and Brazil, last Cup they were not in the best shape.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #32 on: 15 Jun 2010, 11:46 am »
In this Cup every bus of the teams have a slogan on the side. Brazil bus says: ''Crowded! The whole Brazil is here!''  Anyone know any other country slogan??
USA bus would say: We are number #1.

Actually, the American bus says "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Victory!"

A list of all 32 bus slogans is shown here.

Have fun,
Jerry

Cacophonix

« Reply #33 on: 15 Jun 2010, 02:11 pm »
Watching the ivory coast / portugal game here .... and saw ronaldo diving and ivory coast player got the yellow card! :evil: :evil:
Really hope he is penalized!! Last world cup he was involved in sending out rooney, and he is at it in the very first game this time around!!! What a jerk!! Great player, but still a jerk!

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #34 on: 15 Jun 2010, 04:02 pm »
I am really enjoying the games so far, but I don't know what some of these referees are seeing. Some of them are a little too card happy.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #35 on: 15 Jun 2010, 04:03 pm »
Agree about Ronaldo being a jerk. He flops all over the field. I couldn't believe a seasoned ref actually honored his theatrics. And he dates Kim Khardashian and Paris Hilton? What a hot dog!!

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #36 on: 15 Jun 2010, 04:12 pm »
He flops all over the field.

No kidding! What poor sportsmanship.

Mariusz

« Reply #37 on: 15 Jun 2010, 05:47 pm »
Ronaldo with or without his box of tricks - it won't matter. No medal for Portugal.

Besides - individuals do not win the game ..... team & heart does.

mjosef

« Reply #38 on: 15 Jun 2010, 06:16 pm »
As good as Ronaldo may be, I just can't stand his 'drama falls'...look at Messi he almost never falls at even the strongest tackle, but Ronaldo falls if you just look at him funny. Wouldn't miss Portugal if they crash and burn in stage 1.  :evil:

Go Braziiiillllll. :eyebrows:

Cacophonix

« Reply #39 on: 15 Jun 2010, 06:43 pm »
To me, so far, the one guy who has lived up to his billing is Messi. He was like a magician in that opening game  :thumb:
Ronaldo was just about okay except for that one kick which hit the bar. He's too much of an actor  :thumbdown: Won't mind one bit if portugal is knocked out in the first round! :evil: