My First Topic-What to Do

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: My First Topic-What to Do
« Reply #100 on: 30 Jul 2009, 12:11 am »
Yeah, that would be cool. I'd say you're right about that. Bryston is highly addictive.

1oldguy

« Reply #101 on: 30 Jul 2009, 12:18 am »
HI V

I haven't heard the speakers yet either.I would imagine both to be quite addictive.Truth be told I've loved music since I was very young.Now I finally get to to realize a dream.

vegasdave

« Reply #102 on: 30 Jul 2009, 12:24 am »
Well, you're in for a treat I'd say. Exactly. Good luck!

1oldguy

« Reply #103 on: 30 Jul 2009, 12:36 am »
Thanks V for the good wishes.My brother is dreaming of putting on some Rush.As for myself I'm more interested in music in general.That's not to say I don't have people who thrill me.I would imagine Journey to be quite enjoyable.Then there's  Al Di Meola,and the Carpenters,which to this day I am amazed at the quality of the recording studio they used.Getting ahead of myself a little tough.LOl
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2009, 12:03 pm by 1oldguy »

1oldguy

« Reply #104 on: 30 Jul 2009, 12:58 am »
My word I feel so ashamed....I Forgot to mention Walter Rossi.Trust me guys ...Walter is an incredible artist worthy of any audiophile system.Try his latest ,Secret Sins.Truly a master piece. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWZleVAzYds

vegasdave

« Reply #105 on: 30 Jul 2009, 01:13 am »
Thanks V for the good wishes.My brother is dreaming of putting on some Rush.As for myself I'm more interested in music in general.That's not to say I don't have people who trill me.I would imagine Journey to be quite enjoyable.Then there Al Di meola,and the Carpenters,which to this day I am amazed at the quality of their recording studio they used.Getting ahead of myself a little tough.LOl

You're welcome. In my opinion, pretty much all genres of music sound good with Bryston. I can't really say that for other manufacturers' equipment. I've had some dreadful stuff in the past. No names mentioned!

1oldguy

« Reply #106 on: 30 Jul 2009, 01:32 am »
Looks like my research paid off.From all the reading I did I just had the feeling that "Bryston made the most sense".
Thinking that sounds like a good corporate logo.  :thumb:

vegasdave

« Reply #107 on: 30 Jul 2009, 02:01 am »
Yep. Unfortunately, I did it the hard way. Which is trial and error.

Yeah, that sounds alright!

95Dyna

« Reply #108 on: 30 Jul 2009, 01:45 pm »
Thanks V for the good wishes.My brother is dreaming of putting on some Rush.As for myself I'm more interested in music in general.That's not to say I don't have people who thrill me.I would imagine Journey to be quite enjoyable.Then there's  Al Di Meola,and the Carpenters,which to this day I am amazed at the quality of the recording studio they used.Getting ahead of myself a little tough.LOl

Hi Brandon,

I'm a long time Al DiMeola fan dating back to his days with Chick Corea and Return to Forever.  In fact his 1980 CD "Splendido Hotel" was the first disc to be played through my new 7B's and BP26P.  "Two to Tango and Spanish Eyes" featuring Les Paul will blow your socks off!

Bill

1oldguy

« Reply #109 on: 30 Jul 2009, 02:39 pm »
HI Dyna

I have Splendido Hotel on Vinyl.CD as well come to think of it.Al is in a league all his own.He started when he was 5.It sure paid off starting that young.At the same time There are guitarists like SRV and Clapton and least we forget Hendrix who also have such amazing talent.These HI-FI systems we have I think shine best when the music is complex because only then can you truly hear whats going on.Looking forward to many types of music.But certainly not Rap/Hip hop and all that Jazz.Actually I like Jazz for the record. :green:

95Dyna

« Reply #110 on: 30 Jul 2009, 03:17 pm »
His 2006 release, "Consequences of Chaos" sound great through the Brystons.  I have his newest release, "La Melodia" on my list.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/aldimeola3

1oldguy

« Reply #111 on: 31 Jul 2009, 04:49 pm »
The gear was sent out yesterday so Soon the place will be rockin'. aa

Mad Mr H

« Reply #112 on: 6 Aug 2009, 11:16 am »
Any news?

1oldguy

« Reply #113 on: 6 Aug 2009, 12:46 pm »
Just called ....Nothing as of yet.But the day isn't over yet.LOL.
Actually it is supposed to be here by the 6TH so I would imagine if not today then tomorrow for sure.
Should be a good weekend if It gets here. :D

Mag

« Reply #114 on: 6 Aug 2009, 01:19 pm »
Waiting for a 3B sst/2, hopefully I'll have it tomorrow.
I've been listening to the music I plan on testing it with so I can hear if there is a noticeable change right away. I'm hoping it will smooth the highs. Mind you I have the equalizer on my AV receiver set to fronts, which give the highs an edge. Setting it to natural gives a smooth presentation, but it has to have an edge for guitar rock.

1oldguy

« Reply #115 on: 11 Aug 2009, 02:17 pm »
Well the electrician was here.It looks like I may end up with (2) 20 amp lines.I hope so.He has to confirm it with  my landlord.This would make my day.After all 5 Brystons,and tv  as well as all that other gear really does suck up the juice.

1oldguy

« Reply #116 on: 11 Aug 2009, 05:54 pm »
Well it's official,I now have 2 20 amp lines installed.Also the Gear just arrived at the dealers.And on top of that I get to meet a new woman on the weekend.That's 3 for 3.Can't wait to get her all fired up,The system that is :green:
Review soon to follow.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #117 on: 11 Aug 2009, 08:16 pm »

1) congrats for the new woman.
 2) congrats for the new gear.

al. :thumb:

Mad Mr H

« Reply #118 on: 11 Aug 2009, 11:40 pm »

1) congrats for the new woman.
 2) congrats for the new gear.

In no particular order  :lol:

1oldguy

« Reply #119 on: 12 Aug 2009, 04:35 pm »
Hi James

I just got back from my Dealer.Soon off to work so it looks like the weekend before i can get it hooked up.The speaker cables look very good.Looking forward to this weekend I can assure you.

Thank you James
Brandon