« on: 9 May 2009, 01:20 am »
 :thumb:

Go see it!

Lee

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2009, 01:27 am »
Pretty good flick, not just for fans.  Being a grumpy old b*****d I complained to the management about excessive dB levels though  :o ! What little hearing I have left, I'd like to keep.  I bet that it was upwards of 100 dB.

Jon L

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2009, 02:02 am »
You guys should try it at IMAX.  The visual and aural energy were both very entertaining, though a bit too loud.  One of the most fun movies I've seen recently.

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2009, 02:06 am »
Totally awesome movie! I will see it at least two more times before it leaves the theaters.

cryoparts

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2009, 02:11 am »
You guys should try it at IMAX. 

Yes, I am going to do that next, can't wait!

Lee

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2009, 02:12 am »

Go see it!

Lee

Don't gotta tell me twice,, but in IMAX. :dance:

mcullinan

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2009, 02:24 am »
CAnt wait!!!!
Mike

cryoparts

« Reply #7 on: 9 May 2009, 02:29 am »

Go see it!

Lee

The only IMAX theater showing it is about 45 minutes from me, so I'm going to try and hit it next week.  It was good on the 'regular' size screen I watched it today on, however, I can't wait to see it in IMAX.

Le

topround

« Reply #8 on: 9 May 2009, 02:31 am »
Yes!
Taking  my boys (7 and 9) they of course, will miss the nostalgic aspects, but should be fun!
They told me they want to see it!?!
How do they know about Star Trek?

Emil

« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2009, 02:39 am »

Does Kirk make-out with a green alien chick again?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #10 on: 9 May 2009, 02:43 am »

Go see it!

Lee

The only IMAX theater showing it is about 45 minutes from me, so I'm going to try and hit it next week.  It was good on the 'regular' size screen I watched it today on, however, I can't wait to see it in IMAX.

Le

It's a 2 hour 15 minute drive for me from Vermont to Hooksett, New Hampshire Lee, but I'll be making it worth while by catching X-Men Origins: Wolferine on the side. 8)

Cheers,
Robin

Rashiki

« Reply #11 on: 9 May 2009, 03:16 am »
I'm going to see it this week while I'm on vacation, but I've heard it's not an IMAX movie:
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/05/08/vfx-engineer-on-why.html

So, for those who have seen it on an IMAX screen, is it worth it?

-Rob

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 9 May 2009, 03:29 am »
I'm going to see it this week while I'm on vacation, but I've heard it's not an IMAX movie:
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/05/08/vfx-engineer-on-why.html

So, for those who have seen it on an IMAX screen, is it worth it?

-Rob

Check it out for yourself here Rob. It's a 127 minute IMAX or standard digital movie, this theater has both versions listed. Click onto any date to see the movie schedule. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

cryoparts

« Reply #13 on: 9 May 2009, 04:17 am »
It's a 2 hour 15 minute drive for me from Vermont to Hooksett, New Hampshire Lee, but I'll be making it worth while by catching X-Men Origins: Wolferine on the side. 8)

Cheers,
Robin

You live in the boondocks, man!   :lol:

My son saw Wolverine a few days ago, he liked it.  One day next week, I think I might have to sneak out of the shop for a couple of hours and go see that too.

Lee

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 9 May 2009, 04:29 am »

Cheers,
Robin

You live in the boondocks, man!   :lol:

My son saw Wolverine a few days ago, he liked it.  One day next week, I think I might have to sneak out of the shop for a couple of hours and go see that too.

Lee

Yep,, and there's nothing like a trip to my neighboring states to really make me appreciate them boonies. :D I always hit the afternoon matinee's so I can fit a double feature into my trips. As for instate boonies, it's only a 1.5 hour drive to my favorite Vermont Cinema. aa

Cheers,
Robin

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 9 May 2009, 09:48 pm »
'Tis a good movie but not a very good or excellent movie.  All aspects of the film are at least good (expept IMO the music, which is quite uninspired)...BUT...it has no heart.  Gene Roddenberry's Star Treks had moral/ethical cores and lessons for us; this new movie is merely a space-based shoot-'em-up.  Too bad for us lovers of the Roddenberry stories; it's definitely a oncer for me.

2bigears

« Reply #16 on: 9 May 2009, 11:15 pm »
 :D movies with heart are in way-short supply.they cost more to write and take real actors.this is a good popcorn movie.i like the big blue headlight on the front of the starship  :lol: pimp that ride.... :D

markC

« Reply #17 on: 10 May 2009, 01:17 am »
For those of us who appreciate the old Roddenberry classic, with the ethnic "melding" and insight, I'm sure this doesn't come close. I'll still go see it though, 'cause I'm a long time fan.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2009, 04:02 am »
"Captunn, there's nuthin I cun dewew...the dilethium crystals are towtallee discharged & we can never reach warp speed."

"Scotty, I don't need excuses, I need full power & I need it now!"
« Last Edit: 11 May 2009, 02:11 pm by ro7939 »

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #19 on: 10 May 2009, 11:10 am »
Hmmm...it sounds like the Transformers movie in a way. I still want to see it!