Star Trek

TheChairGuy

Re: Star Trek
« Reply #80 on: 3 Mar 2010, 10:01 pm »
I finally saw this on a Tran-Pacific flight recently.

I thought it was very good and quite entertaining...clearly in the hands of a fine director in JJ Abrams.

John

ctviggen

« Reply #81 on: 3 Mar 2010, 10:02 pm »
I'm not a kid and hate video games, but I loved this movie.  I thought it was fantastic.  I also thought the acting was great and based on the original series, with some twists of course. 

shipdriver

« Reply #82 on: 4 Mar 2010, 12:18 pm »
Even though I consider this my second favorite Trek movie, it was a "check your brain at the door" movie, especialy how Kirk goes from cadet to Captain instantly, bypassing virtually everyone else except the other cadets. My favorite Trek is definitely Wrath of Khan- for which you can leave your brain switched on. Unlike other summer crap like Transformers 2, there were actual characters and acting going on. On side notes, I thought Bruce Greenwood had real charisma as Capt Pike, Karl Urban surprised me (in a positive way, having last seen him as a Russian assassin in Bourne Supremacy) in his portrayal as Bones and what's up with Zoe Saldana being in two 2009 sci-fi blockbusters (Star Trek and Avatar)!

blackzarg

« Reply #83 on: 5 Mar 2010, 07:24 pm »
Even though I consider this my second favorite Trek movie, it was a "check your brain at the door" movie, especialy how Kirk goes from cadet to Captain instantly, bypassing virtually everyone else except the other cadets.

Heh, I thought it was a very entertaining movie as well! But after watching for the third time now, you definitely need to "check your brain at the door". Why on earth would Spock just stay there and watch Vulcan get blown up when "there's a fleet outpost not too far away"