Its another GAS Christmas

Scott F.

Its another GAS Christmas
« on: 26 Sep 2006, 07:33 pm »
Hiya gys,

I know its a little early to be talking Christmas but I wanted to get this one out there so everybody that wants to attend can set aside this date. No doubt as it gets closer to Christmas, your weekends get taken with family visits, shopping and other parties so this year I'm planning on holding the event a little earlier in the month. My thoughts are to have it on Saturday December 9th. We can start at about 2pm or so and as usual, it will end whenever. Of course we'll have several couches and futons availible for those who shouldn't try to make it home.

With some luck I should have my basement remodel finished by then. As you guys know I tore down the Big Fun system last year to make way for my LP storage and a wet bar. I'll also be taking over the bedroom off the main basement listening room so we can set up another in there system again. I'll have the small bedroom upstairs going again with another small system. And finally in the Living room will be the HT and surround sound rig. That will give us four rooms to wander between and it should help with managing crowd size in individual rooms.

I've enlisted my lovely wifes help again this year which means we'll be having Lau-B-Q! It's a bit early to start talking about what to bring (food-wise) but as we get closer we can figure that one out.

When it comes to gear, I'll make a call or two and see if we can't get some cool guest gear to listen to. Also, it sure couldn't hurt to have at least two of you guys bring a Squeezebox if you don't mind. I'll have CD or SACD players in each of the systems but the SB is just so darned handy and more often than not, sounds better anyway.

If for some reason the 9th doesn't work (overwelmingly), be sure to make a post and we can always move it back to the 16th.

So, I just wanted to get everybody thinking about our Christmas celebration. Hope everybody can make it!

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Its another GAS Christmas
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2006, 09:02 pm »
Oh Scott, how nice to do it on my Birthday!  Might have to do the DD thing ;)

At least I won't have to worry about a kitchen pass - guess I can do what I want on my birthday...

Bryan

mark@marktwain

« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2006, 09:10 pm »
I'm there! and have dibs on the couch or whatever it is at that time in front of the flea powered rig.

As far as guest gear hows bout seein ifin you can get some of the electron luv gear Scott. aa

Mark

jcrane

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2006, 10:20 pm »
I am in, I have 3 stock SB3s if you need them.
Sounds great

Jamie

steve k

« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2006, 02:04 am »
Scott says:
make way for my LP storage and a wet bar.

Now that's a diehard audiophile if I ever saw one. aa

It's on my calendar, Scott. You're welcome to borrow my Mapletree if you find a slot for it in one of your er "numerous" systems. Maybe next year, you can send the family on a week's vacation and we can take over the whole house.  :green: All kidding aside, let us know if we can bring anything to help out.
steve k.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2006, 02:20 am »
Hi guys
I wouldn't mind meeting you folks at Scotts' on the 9th. Have been wanting to say HI in person for quite awhile now.
By then it'll probably be the second time I've heard a tube system. (Decfest in less than 2 weeks will be the first).
I'm sure by then I'll have bought, designed, and build a pair of OBs fitted with a pair of Silver Iris Coaxials.
Might be a good way to make a good first impression.  :D

Bob

Mike D

« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2006, 06:03 pm »
I'm in.  I'll throw my maggies in my trunk.   :icon_lol:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2006, 10:51 pm »
 Hi Gassers,
 Scott gave me a buzz in regard to your X-Mas gathering and asked if I could provide a pair of the Bella SP/AV-1 speakers. No problem. I still have my original prototype pair here that now have about 1500 hours on them. They are broken in!! They are not the best finished pair but were finished to ship around without worry.

MerRev

« Reply #8 on: 26 Oct 2006, 01:37 am »
sounds like we'll have a merry good time-  :xmas:

Cheesy, but I had to use it.   Thank you Bill for offering to let us hear the Musica Bella speakers and also thank you Scott and Laura for hosting another Christmas party.   

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
« Reply #9 on: 1 Nov 2006, 05:23 pm »
Hey Scott - long time no see - December 9 works for me. - Thanks for hosting again by the way.  Maybe I'll actually make it this year.

Kirch

Sarmck

« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2006, 12:52 pm »
Scott,

I hope to visit and enjoy the festivities on December 9th.  Thanks for the invite.

Ron

drummerwill

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2006, 02:29 pm »

Save me a seat !  Should I bring The Locomotive, I don't think anyone has heard it since I fitted the
 Silver OPT's.
   Willie

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2006, 02:34 pm »
Scott, how many folks are you expecting/allowing?
Count me in, if you've got room.

Bob

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 2 Nov 2006, 03:46 pm »
Scott.

Mind if I bring my cuz along?  He's a budding audiophile but has never heard anything like what will be there for the bash. 

Also, did you want me to say something to Albert since he's not an 'online' guy?

Bryan

Scott F.

« Reply #14 on: 2 Nov 2006, 04:56 pm »
Hiya guys,

Guessing, we'll probably top the 20 person mark this year, might even get closer to 30. Thank goodness I took over two extra rooms at the house.  :thumb:

I've got the small back bedroom upstairs setup with the Odyssey system (this little system kicks some serious bootie). I'll have a stock Panny universal disc player and the AH! setup in there as sources (plus maybe a SB if somebody brings an extra).

The bedroom off the main listening room will be for the third system. It will likely look be the big Korato KVP10 (dual mono pre), the Radii's, the Audio Note TT-1 turntable, a SB & DAC and the Response Audio Music Bellas. As a secondary system in that room I'll have the Teresonic Ingeniums on hand. We can plug and play my 2A3, the Jolida 102B, the Radii's and Willies Locomotive (be sure to bring it! Oh, you're going to love these Teresonic speakers).

Then we'll have the multichannel system/HT in the living room as a fourth system. By the bash I should have the matching center and surrounds from Aperion. That system is an Arcam AVR-100 receiver, the OPPO DVD-A player and I've got a Sony 3300es for SACDs and CD's. If anybody has any concert DVD's, be sure to bring them as we can play them on the big screen/surround system.

With four separate listening/viewing rooms, that should help keep everybody spread out so we aren't crammed into the main room where the my main reference rig is (DRD's, Lowthers, etc).

Bryan, by all means invite Albert and your cuz. We should have plenty of room.
Kirch, if you want to bring your neighbor (I forget his name), feel free.
Bob, absolutely, we've got room, come on out!

With the expected crowd, I may push the start time up a couple of hours from 2pm but as we get closer I'll take a head count and see how many people will make it.

Looks like it should be a blast :dance:

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 2 Nov 2006, 05:07 pm »
Sounds good.  Will say something to Albert.

I'll plan on bringing my SB power supply.  Don't know that I'll have the mods on the SB done by then.  Alan had Wayne do the digital mods on his though - might bring it if you talk to him nice.

Also might have my Mono Extreme SE's by then.  Definitely will have the KVP-20 so we can compare if desired.

Assume I should plan to bring something to treat the upstairs bedroom (maybe something a bit more finished this time...

Bryan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 2 Nov 2006, 05:11 pm »
Bob, absolutely, we've got room, come on out!

:oops: Scott, I forgot something.  :duh: A very nice guy from Decware has shown an interest if it's ok.
Here he is....
http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=viewprofile;username=paulc

(He's a "tuber")
Bob

Scott F.

« Reply #17 on: 2 Nov 2006, 06:52 pm »
Assume I should plan to bring something to treat the upstairs bedroom (maybe something a bit more finished this time...

That sounds great. I've got the room setup now and it isn't hear as boomy as it was with the Aperions in it. Some lite treatments should be all we need.

If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind buying you a beer and having you give me some advice on all the rooms. The reference room will be pretty much stripped of everything except stereo gear and seating as I'm building a vinyl library where the big fun system was. In the small room off to its side I'm in the process of making panels as we speak. I was going to do a couple of bass traps too (12" dia x 2" thk FG pipe insul packed densely with mineral wool). Maybe you could buzz by this weekend or whenever is convenient and I'll show you what I planned on and see if you agree.

TIA!

Bob, sure, invite the guy from Decware. A fellow tubehead is always welcome :thumb:

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: 2 Nov 2006, 07:00 pm »
I'll give you a shout later and we'll figure something out.  Have someone coming by this evening and tomorrow evening.  Sunday is Spamalot at the Fox.  Monday is a customer job for a contractor in the Central West End.  Somewhere in there I need to get work done for my customers...

Bryan

sturgus

« Reply #19 on: 2 Nov 2006, 07:53 pm »
Scott count me in. Hope to see everyone there.
Sturgus