Its another GAS Christmas

pjchappy

Re: Its another GAS Christmas
« Reply #60 on: 6 Dec 2006, 10:04 am »
I have to miss this one.  I'll be in KC doing family shtuff.  Hopefully next time!

p

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #61 on: 6 Dec 2006, 11:57 am »
Any particular night Scott?  Give me a call to work out details maybe.

Bryan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #62 on: 6 Dec 2006, 02:53 pm »
Now if I only had time to get the garage cleaned out of all the empty boxes, leftover lumber and furniture that came from the basement remodel I could score some major brownie points with my lovely wife.

bon fire aa

Blackmore

« Reply #63 on: 7 Dec 2006, 07:27 pm »
The two Droplets met each other last night and seemed to like each other.  Scott played some mood music and we'll let nature take its course.  :lol:

Would someone bring some CDs?  Since Scott switched to the Squeezebox, there aren't as many silver discs sitting around to spin on the Droplet and I'd hate to think he and I ruptured ourselves getting that marble stand downstairs only to have the Droplet CDP sit for most of the evening.

For everyone that's been to Scott's house at an earlier meeting.......you won't believe what has happened to the listening room and to the equipment!!!!  Be prepared for a shock :o  See everyone on Saturday and I'm looking forward to meeting the new guys.

Mathew_M

« Reply #64 on: 7 Dec 2006, 09:47 pm »
Would love to attend since I missed last year and had a good time at the first party.  I'm bogged down with business and family obligations though.  Sounds like there will be a full house anyway so you guys have fun. 

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
« Reply #65 on: 8 Dec 2006, 12:52 am »
I don't know what the hell a "droplet" is, but I'll assume it's a CD player.  Does it handle sacds?  I'll be happy to bring some tunes along.  I'll wade thru my stuff and see what I think is recorded well.  Assuming you guys are serious that Scott doesn't have many disks lying around.  I find that very hard to believe...

kirch

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #66 on: 8 Dec 2006, 01:02 am »
Hey Scott, how bouts some pictures of the new rooms :thumb: You know me, I like pictures.

steve k

« Reply #67 on: 8 Dec 2006, 01:22 am »
The two Droplets met each other last night and seemed to like each other.  Scott played some mood music and we'll let nature take its course.  

It wasn't Jackie Gleason was it? aa

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #68 on: 8 Dec 2006, 02:03 am »
ROTFL!

Yes - Scott still has some CD's but more vinyl by far.  Just most of the CDs are put away and ripped to the SlimServer for the SqueezeBox.

By the way, put in your request now for a copy of the NY Audio Rave Demo Disk.  I know Steve wants one.  Anybody else?  I'll bring a few copies with me on Saturday.

Bryan

Scott F.

« Reply #69 on: 8 Dec 2006, 02:55 am »
Oh, I've still got all my CD's. Guessing, its somewhere around 1k. I think when Mark looked at all the vinyl in one spot he glazed over 6'x3' stand up CD rack and the 5'x3' horizontal CD rack on top of the vinyl shelves. The vinyl is pretty overwhelming, the shelving is four cubes high and over 18' feet long.

Bill, I'll post some pics of the room(s) on Sunday. I don't want to give away too much up front. I'm curious to hear everybody's comments and see their faces as they walk in and see it for the first time. Trust me, its very cool, as cool as nearly any room you've seen on the 'net  :green:

Oh, if we're going to decide on a GAS Reference disk, I guess everybody should bring some music they think is worthy as a test song(s). We'll need a variety of cuts that demonstrate the usual things like bass depth and impact, midrange, high end extension and clarity, imaging and placement, soundstage, all that kind of stuff. It would be best if it were in FLAC format but if not a plain old CD will work just fine.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #70 on: 8 Dec 2006, 07:23 am »

By the way, put in your request now for a copy of the NY Audio Rave Demo Disk.  I know Steve wants one.  Anybody else?  I'll bring a few copies with me on Saturday.

Bryan
Great Bryan....glad to see the NYAR cd branching out..... 8)

Are you guys working on a Gateway Demo Disc ???
Have a good time at the party.....and don't forget those photo's.....thanks... :beer:

Chris

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #71 on: 8 Dec 2006, 12:17 pm »
We've discussed a couple of different things.  Maybe 1 disk with just our favorite things to listen to for eval purposes.  The second with a track specifically for imaging depth, one for top end extension, one for bottom end control, etc. 

Bryan

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #72 on: 8 Dec 2006, 04:28 pm »
Scott, we've lost our Deware guy. He's got some unexpected plans for Saturday.
Soooo, I'll just be bringing one other fellow.

Bob

Holderman

« Reply #73 on: 8 Dec 2006, 05:48 pm »
Hey Scott, I am new to the forum and have been reading posts for about 6 months and just took the plunge and bought my entire Home theatre system on black friday.  It sounds like you have a full house but if you have room for one more I would love to stop by and meet you guys and hear everything you have set up.  I have so much to learn about home audio and have a lot of trouble shooting to do on what I just set up I thought I could learn a lot from listening to a top of the line setup.  I understand if you do not have room, just say the word, maybe I can catch the next gathering.  If space is not an issue and you would'nt mind having a rookie with a lot of questions there let me know.  I have a few bottles of single malts, nice agave or even some rum from the bahamas I could bring along and would be glad to whip up an appetizers if needed.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #74 on: 8 Dec 2006, 05:54 pm »
Welcome Holderman

bought my entire Home theatre system on black friday.
Whadda' get? Enquiring minds want to know. :wink:

a rookie with a lot of questions
These guys are pretty tolerant of that. (Trust me, I know  :lol:)

I have a few bottles of single malts, nice agave or even some rum from the bahamas I could bring along and would be glad to whip up an appetizers if needed.
Hell, you can ride with me!! :drool:

Scott F.

« Reply #75 on: 8 Dec 2006, 06:26 pm »
Hey Scott, I am new to the forum and have been reading posts for about 6 months and just took the plunge and bought my entire Home theatre system on black friday.  It sounds like you have a full house but if you have room for one more I would love to stop by and meet you guys and hear everything you have set up.  I have so much to learn about home audio and have a lot of trouble shooting to do on what I just set up I thought I could learn a lot from listening to a top of the line setup.  I understand if you do not have room, just say the word, maybe I can catch the next gathering.  If space is not an issue and you would'nt mind having a rookie with a lot of questions there let me know.  I have a few bottles of single malts, nice agave or even some rum from the bahamas I could bring along and would be glad to whip up an appetizers if needed.

Hiya Holderman, Welcome Aboard :thumb:

Absolutely, come on out. Since parking will be an issue, you may want to give the guys an idea where you are at, that way you might be able to carpool with somebody. Oh, be careful which 'somebody' you choose. There are a few of us hardcores that start early and go well into the wee hours of the morning :lol:

Holderman

« Reply #76 on: 8 Dec 2006, 06:32 pm »
I know this is no where close to the systems of all you guys here, but keep in mind its my first one and I could not wait to piece it together slowly so bought it all at once.  

Panasonic 42THX60U TV
Dish HD receiver
Panasonic DVD player (which I am using to play CD's)
Polk Monitor 70 Towers
Polk cs1 center
Polk psw10 sub
Polk rc80i in ceiling surrounds

I love the way movies sound in surround, but am not blown away when listening to music.  It's not a dedicated home theatre system but I still think it could sound better in stereo. I know that Polk has a distinctive sound but the system sounds for lack of a better word "airy :?" to me.  I thought maybe I could fine tune some things without having to start from scratch.

Holderman

« Reply #77 on: 8 Dec 2006, 06:34 pm »
Thanks I appreciate the invite I'll check with the wife and see what time I'm allowed to leave.   :lol: (but really  :()  I look forward to meeting with you guys, listening to a top notch system and maybe picking up some pointers.  Anything you want me to bring along? 

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #78 on: 8 Dec 2006, 06:51 pm »
Welcome!

Bring along a couple of CD's that are recorded well and that you know well so you have a frame of reference. 

See you Saturday.

Bryan

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #79 on: 8 Dec 2006, 06:56 pm »
Bill,

Are you bringing your SB?  Wayne said you had the latest thing and I'd be interested in listening to it.

Bryan