Interested in hearing a Zu monitor speaker?

Sa-dono

« Reply #60 on: 13 Jun 2003, 06:22 pm »
Quote from: Zu
Ya I guess that is only fair that he should get them first so sorry Mad DOg.

Maybe you guys should battle it out in the fight club.  :D

Adam
Zu

I call first dibs..does that work? :mrgreen: I'm not sure how well the fight club would work..I think the other guys are too nice :lol:

Mad DOg

« Reply #61 on: 16 Jun 2003, 09:44 pm »
Quote from: Zu
Ya I guess that is only fair that he should get them first so sorry Mad DOg...
I have no prob with shokunin getting them first! I'll patiently await my turn!  :)

I'm happy as a clam!

Mad DOg

Druid monitors shipped yet?
« Reply #62 on: 18 Jun 2003, 09:59 pm »
Adam,

Just wondering if the Zu Druid monitors shipped out to shokunin yet?  :)

Mad DOg

Update...
« Reply #63 on: 5 Aug 2003, 12:29 am »
I was wondering what happened to the audition speakers and whether or not this was still going to happen so I decided to email Zu to find out...

The latest word is that the monitors will be shipping out later this week to Shokunin and working their way up to me...so looks like I might be hosting a few listening sessions in August...:)

shokunin

Re: Update...
« Reply #64 on: 5 Aug 2003, 12:42 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg
I was wondering what happened to the audition speakers and whether or not this was still going to happen so I decided to email Zu to find out...

The latest word is that the monitors will be shipping out later this week to Shokunin and working their way up to me...so looks like I might be hosting a few listening sessions in August...:)

I was wondering what happened to the Zu Druid Monitors.  If they're shipping soon, it'll come at a good time, I can do additional break in before Mad Dog's get together later this month.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #65 on: 5 Aug 2003, 06:52 am »
This thread started back in May - Its taken awhile for audition to happen ! :o

Mad DOg

« Reply #66 on: 5 Aug 2003, 06:55 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
This thread started back in May - Its taken awhile for audition to happen ! :o

seems like Zu experienced some delays...not the end of the world though...

nathanm

« Reply #67 on: 8 Aug 2003, 04:18 pm »
How many folks are on the audition list for these out of curiosity?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #68 on: 8 Aug 2003, 05:30 pm »
i'm expecting to hear these around the 1st of september.  should coincide nicely w/the diluceo's i'm supposed to receive, and w/a pair of proac reference 8 signatures on their way from greece.   :D

doug s.

zachslc

« Reply #69 on: 8 Aug 2003, 05:37 pm »
I'd be interested in getting in on this if it is not too late.  I am only one city south of Zu, too.

mca

Have the Druids arrived?
« Reply #70 on: 19 Aug 2003, 05:12 pm »
Just curoius if the Druid monitors have been sent out and if any listening has been done yet. If so, what are the first impressions? I have kind of boiled my speaker choices down to these or the Diluceo's, so I'm pretty anxious to hear what people think  :D

Sa-dono

« Reply #71 on: 19 Aug 2003, 06:08 pm »
Moved this topic from the 2-channel Audio forum. Feel free to start a new thread in the 2-channel forum once the speakers are in your possesion. I'm guessing this means you shokunin :wink:

shokunin

« Reply #72 on: 20 Aug 2003, 04:11 pm »
Will do... looks like Friday is THE day.  I'll keep y'all posted.

audiojerry

« Reply #73 on: 21 Aug 2003, 09:00 pm »
Quote from: doug s.
i'm expecting to hear these around the 1st of september.  should coincide nicely w/the diluceo's i'm supposed to receive, and w/a pair of proac reference 8 signatures on their way from greece.   :D

doug s.
I've got the Proac Ref 8, non-sigs. They are very sweet with amazing output for such tiny little speakers. They must be placed near a wall behind them to boost the bass properly. I got mine for $700. How much were yours from Greece - are shipping and import duties going to be murderous?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #74 on: 22 Aug 2003, 12:29 pm »
hi jerry,

i feel i got a good deal on these ref 8 signatures.  i yust got them this past monday.  they look brand-new, & they set me back $1k, which included shipping.  the ebony finish is absolutely gorgeous, & it is really amazing how these tiny things can throw a huge soundstage in my large listening room.  of course, having big subs helps!   :D

i never heard the standard ref 8's, but from what my relative sez, there's no comparison.  he heard the standard ref 8's, which he said were nice, but he bought the 1sc's, which he feels are in another league.  (he uses 2.5's in his main system.)  i had the 1sc's in my room for a week, & they *are* outstanding, but my initial feelings are the ref 8 signatures are even better.  this coincides w/the opinion of the proac-usa distributor, who said from the upper bass on up, the ref 8 signature will be more open, more detailed, & throw a larger soundstage.  he gives the edge in the mid-bass on down, to the 1sc.  but, w/subs, this isn't an issue for me!   :wink:  my relative, who stopped by for a listen, agrees that they are outstanding, but he's not ready to concede they're nicer than his 1sc's, w/o bringing 'em back over for a shootout...   :)    my early impression of the ref 8 sigs is that they go loud w/less strain, compared to the 1sc's, & that they *do* have a small edge in detail & soundstaging...  

in any event, i am really looking forward to getting the zu monitor demos (and the diluceo demos) to compare.  while i still lust after mondo floorstanding speakers like gr-research alpha-ls' or vmps rm40's, my present budget precludes this, & there seems to be a plethora of fine-sounding reasonably-priced small monitors out there.  having a dedicated subwoofer system really lets you take adwantage of this, & still get full-range sound.

doug s.[/img]

nathanm

« Reply #75 on: 15 Oct 2003, 07:31 pm »
Is there any current news on the status of this demo?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #76 on: 15 Oct 2003, 07:35 pm »
jeez, nate - good question.  i was supposed to get a lemon-yellow pair to hear.  i'm amazed that i've been enjoyin' my puny li'l proac ref 8 signatures now for almost two months!   :)

doug s.

audiojerry

« Reply #77 on: 15 Oct 2003, 07:53 pm »
We have been enjoying the Ref 8's (non Signatures) in our large living room for several months, and they are terrific. My wife highly approves of their very inconspicuous size. I'd like to hear the Signature version.
Hey Doug...wanna trade for awhile?  :lol:

I sold my beloved 1SC's in favor of the Dynaudio Special 25's. It took a $5k speaker with Dynaudio's reference tweeter to better the tiny $2k 1SC. If the Ref 8 Sig is better than the 1SC, then it is a fantastic little speaker.  

Next up might be SP Tech's Timepease 2.0.

Hey, how did this conversation get into Market Square Commercial Posts?  :?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #78 on: 15 Oct 2003, 08:05 pm »
hi jerry,

well, i had my ref-8-sigs over at my relative's for a li'l comparo - i definitely prefer the ref-8's.  even when run full-range.  (he had a velodyne sub that he uses in his second system.)  he was using the new manley stingray integrated in triode mode - amazing output for only 25wpc.  sweet li'l amp.  anyway, even in his decently-sized room - ~14x22x11'h, the li'l 8-sigs had it over the 1sc's, imo.  my relative preferred the 8-sigs in 2 outta 3 artists, i preferred the 8's in three outta three...  they're yust more open & detailed, w/a better soundstage.  a *hair* leaner, which is not at all an issue in my system, w/subs.  

ya, i'd like to check out the sp-tech's, but the retail price is a bit beyond me presently...  

regards,

doug s.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #79 on: 16 Oct 2003, 07:09 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Does anyone know if these speakers have started their Demo trip-have not heard anything? :?
  :?: So, what happened to this Zu speaker demo  :?:  :?:  :?: