VMPS will be announcing the BIGGEST development EVER!!!!!

John Casler

You all know how much I like to "tease" you with information.   :)

You may also know how much I am prone to telling you about things which I cannot completely disclose. :?

Well an event has occured, that I talked about some time ago.  I had mentioned that Brian was working on a "development" that would change the world of speakers as we know it.

I wrote about this around two years ago.

Well it has now been developed.

I wrote that Brian was always making 10 year leaps ahead of the industry, well that is exactly what is happening again.

This new technology is as close to the "Holy Grail" of speaker design as I can imagine.  If you took 100 of the best speaker designers, and ask them what they would like a speaker to do.  THIS WOULD BE THEIR ANSWER!!!

This week B, is begining the patent process and filing for the intellectual property rights on said system.

As soon as this process begins, we will be safe in releasing/disclosing the fundementals of the technology.

And I might mention, that "I HAVE HEARD" this development and have a "beta" unit here at my house (which is fully locked and well alarmed, with two "guard cats" :lol: )

When I first heard this, my jaw dropped. :o   Brian had me sitting (with my eyes closed) for an incredible amount of time in my sweet seat whilst he hooked the prototypes into my system.

When he said "OK press play" I have to admit, I was astounded.

While most know that I find VMPS speakers have the fewest problems soundwise of most all the speakers I have heard, this technology certainly will "put to rest" most any other criticism that any might have.

The plan is to use the technology as a VMPS exclusive for at least 2 years, and then license it to other companies (and I guarrantee eventually all will use it) after that.

So that is all I can say right now, until the "intellectual property attorney" give us the OK.

I can (or Brian can) answer simple questions but cannot disclose the technical or defining performance aspects.

As a further note, all weekend B, had this silly grin on his face like he had just "ate the canary".  Well in this case, it was the CONDOR!!!

As he "presented" a little speech to the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society, I know it took all the restraint he could muster, "NOT" to tell them just a little about "what's new".

And as a final note, do not let this announcement "delay" your purchase of VMPS speakers, since they will be upgradable when this technology is available, and this upgrade will be offered to "all" previous customers at a special price upon introduction.

And it can easily be done in the field.  (even by those who consider themselves non-technical).  If you have trouble upgrading you VMPS speakers, either Brian or I (or your closest dealer) will come to your house and do it for you.  Or we'll tell your wife how to do it, it is that simple.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2005, 03:34 pm »
John,

I think I know what it is.   8)  You let some things slip when we were talking a couple of weeks ago about where VMPS was going ..........

I am willing to make some changes in my system to accomdate this mega-upgrade....... :mrgreen:

Keep us posted.

CornellAlum

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2005, 03:35 pm »
John,

Do you remember when your friends told you in grade school,"I know a secret but I can't tell you what it is?"  Drove me nuts then, and still does :lol:

Looking forward to it, now I am going to search your posts from the last two years 8)

D-----

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2005, 03:41 pm »
I can (or Brian can) answer simple questions but cannot disclose the technical or defining performance aspects.
    John,[/list:u]
      Can you say what you heard was different from how your system normally sounds ? Thanks !! :) [/list:u]

KKM

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2005, 03:50 pm »
John, you said it's upgradeable in VMPS speakers, is it "upgradeable" in other brands once it's offered?

ScottMayo

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2005, 03:59 pm »
Hm. It's trivial to apply and no one has thought of it before. Which can only leave one question...

How much is this going to cost?  :o

I'd also like to be teased with a few other details, like, is it a cabinet mod, a crossover mod or a driver mod?

Anyway, if it applies to the RM/x, I'm first in line...

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:00 pm »
Will the RM/X's be field-upgradable?  It is not feasible to send them back for any upgrade.  Thx,
Ted

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:05 pm »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
    John,[/list:u]
      Can you say what you heard was different from how your system normally sounds ? Thanks !! :) [/list:u]

I can't say too much, except that depth, detail and clarity were "even more so".

There are other performance aspects that it affects but I cannot disclose them yet.

miklorsmith

OOO OOO
« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:10 pm »
They've finally perfected the teleporter I've always wanted!  I don't care if it costs 6 bazillion dollars, sign me up.

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:11 pm »
Quote from: KKM
John, you said it's upgradeable in VMPS speakers, is it "upgradeable" in other brands once it's offered?

Once licensed to other companies, yes they will find a way to implement the technology.  Not sure how or if they will make it upgradable or not.

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:13 pm »
Quote from: ScottMayo
Hm. It's trivial to apply and no one has thought of it before. Which can only leave one question...

How much is this going to cost?  :o

I'd also like to be teased with a few other details, like, is it a cabinet mod, a crossover mod or a driver mod?

Anyway, if it applies to the RM/x, I'm first in line...

Well get in line then, since it is also applicable to the RM/x.

Can't answer your other questions just yet, except to say, yes it is all or one of those :lol:

John Casler

« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:14 pm »
Quote from: ted_b
Will the RM/X's be field-upgradable?  It is not feasible to send them back for any upgrade.  Thx,
Ted

Hi Ted,

If it is not, Big B or I will pay you a visit :mrgreen:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #12 on: 23 Aug 2005, 04:51 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
Quote from: ted_b
Ted

Hi Ted,

If it is not, Big B or I will pay you a visit :mrgreen:

Sounds good!  Northern Ohio is beautiful in the Fall......Winter would not be a good choice, however.   :)

Ted

Doublej

« Reply #13 on: 23 Aug 2005, 05:14 pm »
Will I need to order a new vise for my head because of the narrow sweet spot?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2005, 05:38 pm »
Quote from: Doublej

Only if you have too big a head! :mrgreen:

John Casler

« Reply #15 on: 23 Aug 2005, 05:57 pm »
Quote from: Doublej

No, you can throw the vise away, or put it on your sub to damp vibration :mrgreen:

This technology contributes to a somewhat larger sweet spot. :wink:

RoadTripper

news
« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2005, 06:07 pm »
This is good news. At first, it seemed that my RM40s would be rendered obsolete by this development. But, if it's applicable as a simple upgrade to my rig, then send it my way.

Did you try this change without having drapes all over you speakers, and listening position, i.e. the way normal people listen to music? Could be this tweak, if that is what it should be called, only works well with drapes.

John Casler

Re: news
« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2005, 06:14 pm »
Quote from: Seminarian
This is good news. At first, it seemed that my RM40s would be rendered obsolete by this development. But, if it's applicable as a simple upgrade to my rig, then send it my way.

Did you try this change without having drapes all over you speakers, and listening position, i.e. the way normal people listen to music? Could be this tweak, if that is what it should be called, only works well with drapes.

Drapes, foams, tweaks, and directors are all optional and this technology is not dependant on them, but for tweakers, "some" of them can still be used to treat room acoustics.

All RM40s can be "converted" to benefit from the new technology.

meilankev

« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2005, 07:28 pm »
Seminarian posted:
At first, it seemed that my RM40s would be rendered obsolete by this development.

And if it hadn't been able to be retrofitted, you would feel your speakers were obsolete????

I apologize up front for being confrontational - as it is not my personality.  But this reasoning makes no sense to me.  Let's say I own a system, and it performs to a level that thrills me.  My system has never sounded better.  But then I learn that some unknown stranger who lives 2,000 miles away just bought speakers that allows their system to now perform to a higher level than mine.

Should I now be disappointed in the sound of my system?  Does it somehow sound any worse than it did yesterday?  Am I supposed to actually be in some kind of weird competition with other VMPS owners, and feel the need to keep-up-with-the-Jonses?  

I'm sorry, but regardless of what new products Brian may bring out in the future will have absolutely no impact on my continuing satisfaction with my current system.  

- When Brian offered the FST on his RM40s, I was happy for new buyers who were taking advantage of this, but it caused me no heartburn that my speakers did without.  I was a happy camper.

- When the MLS cabinets became available, I was happy for new buyers who were taking ...

- When the Analysis Plus wiring became available, I was ...

- When the RM/X was available, ...

Well, you get the picture.  Again, I apologize for jumping on you with this post.

Kevin

Florian

« Reply #19 on: 23 Aug 2005, 07:41 pm »
I am interested in this NEW technology but i am sceptical. First lets see what it is, and then take a listen to it. And please (even if i get shot for this) work on the QC.

-Flo