Tube connector idea

Danny Richie

Re: Tube connector idea
« Reply #140 on: 25 Aug 2020, 11:23 pm »
But I'm not questioning the efficacy of the product and never have.  I fact, I've said that I believe it performs very well and exactly as advertised.

My point consistently has been there is no proof that competitive products do not perform just as well.   A lot of assertions, a lot of hearsay, but no proof.

I understand where you are coming from. But you have to at some point realize that it simply hasn't been proven to YOU. Our research proved a competitive advantage before we brought them to market.

And our customers confirm what we've claimed.

Ever notice how the only people claiming that the tube connectors don't provide a performance advantage are the ones that are speculating and assuming? 

When a company wants to promote the features and benefits of its products that's fine.  It good marketing and I've been there.  But when you claim a significant performance advantage over your competitors you better be able to prove it.  Otherwise, persnickety people like me might call you to task.

Again, we've proved it and the proof is in the pudding. The product speaks for its self.

The doubters are the flat earth guys (persnickety people) that feel like it violates their beliefs.

In the end you have to set aside what you think you will hear and just listen.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #141 on: 25 Aug 2020, 11:38 pm »
I'm wound up just reading the thread.

So I listened to some music to relax. Neil Young did it;

"Round and round and round we spin, to weave a wall to hem us in..."

Early B.

« Reply #142 on: 26 Aug 2020, 02:39 am »
I think you missed the prior post where diyman stated he doesn't trust his own ears to tell what's better or not.

Why stop with not trusting one's own ears? Are the other senses more truth revealing? You can't verify anything in the universe without relying on your senses.

By definition, trust is a form of belief, which implies that you don't know. Knowing comes from experience. If you haven't experienced tube connectors, then you don't know anything about them. To speak about what you don't know is called "ignorance." 

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #143 on: 26 Aug 2020, 04:20 am »
I was going to write a nasty post about flat earth folks, anti cable folks, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, but I decided not to.

happy listening,

Don

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #144 on: 26 Aug 2020, 12:09 pm »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #145 on: 26 Aug 2020, 01:49 pm »
Nothing in their specs show iron, nickel, or cobalt, so a magnet shouldn't stick.  So either their specs are not true, Danny isn't telling the truth, or Danny's Neutrik is a counterfeit knock off.  Having known Danny for close to 20 years and knowing his character, I'll eliminate #2.  So either Neutrik is fudging, or there are some knock offs in circulation... and I'm betting on the latter, although I don't know the Neutrik people.   
Have I overlooked another possible explanation?

hawkeyejw

« Reply #146 on: 26 Aug 2020, 02:10 pm »
A while back I spent a couple hundred bucks getting some upgrades from Danny for an old pair of AV123 ELT525s. It included some upgraded caps, no-rez, and tube connectors. Having never tried to upgrade or change my speakers in any way previously, I had no idea whether I'd hear a difference or not, and had an expectation that the changes would be too subtle for me to pick up, but I was curious and the cost was well within my budget to try something new in a hobby I enjoy.

After making the changes I fired them up and the improvement of clarity, instrument separation, and imaging was just completely apparent right off the bat. Is this just confirmation bias? I don't think so, but, even if it is, why should I care? I have an increased sense of enjoyment from the speakers when I listen to them. Also, I'm perfectly capable of reading the theory, science, testing, other's listening impressions and making my own decision about what I want to spend money on as is everyone else.

I'm not sure what your objective is here, jtwrace. You've made it clear in the ASR thread what you think of Danny and his work, so why come here to his house and crap on the floor?

JohnR

« Reply #147 on: 26 Aug 2020, 02:14 pm »
Have I overlooked another possible explanation?

It's the screws (since you asked).

Davey

« Reply #148 on: 26 Aug 2020, 02:22 pm »
It's the screws (since you asked).
Yep.
And a rare-earth magnet will practically pick up a piece of plastic.  :)

Dave.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #149 on: 26 Aug 2020, 04:34 pm »
I’ve been using SpeakOn connectors for my sealed servo sub for a while.  I can confirm they are magnetic but it’s very weak.  I have PowerCon connectors and those too are somewhat magnetic.

Danny Richie

« Reply #150 on: 26 Aug 2020, 04:44 pm »
Wow, Jason was so butt hurt that he contacted the manufacturer to tell them about some guy on a forum.... That's hilarious.   :lol:

Okay, first of all, I really like the Neutrik connectors. I just ordered another 50 sets of them this morning. We sell a lot of them too. They are used with our servo sub kits. They are great for that application.

Yes, they just have Brass connections. They are not even Copper. But for our servo subs the differences in materials there is minimal. And it is a four pole connection. So I'd need a complete set of tube connectors for the job if I wanted to go that route. So price wise there is a $9 set of Neutrik connectors or a $59 set of tube connectors.

Now for ranges above 200Hz I can't use the Neutrik connectors. The performance difference between them and the tube connectors becomes way too great. 

And John R nailed it. The Neutrik connectors use steel screws and they are in the signal path. They directly touch the connections and do and will effect the signal and sound.

And lastly some of you guys need to relax.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #151 on: 26 Aug 2020, 04:59 pm »
Audiophiles?  Relax?  I’m not sure that’s possible.  :green:

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #152 on: 26 Aug 2020, 05:02 pm »
It feels like we’re  :deadhorse:

Mike

Davey

« Reply #153 on: 26 Aug 2020, 05:08 pm »
And John R nailed it. The Neutrik connectors use steel screws and they are in the signal path.
Are they?  If you assembled a Neutrik connector using nylon screws would it still work?

Dave.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #154 on: 26 Aug 2020, 06:22 pm »
Wow, Jason was so butt hurt that he contacted the manufacturer to tell them about some guy on a forum.... That's hilarious.   :lol:
What are you even talking about?  Clearly I asked about their stated material (something you can't produce correctly for anything as posted above) within the connector that you can't get past since you charge $59 for inferior connectors.  But hey, if that makes you feel better go with it. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #155 on: 26 Aug 2020, 06:57 pm »
that you can't get past since you charge $59 for inferior connectors.

So a pure Copper tube is inferior to a Brass connector with steel screws?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #156 on: 26 Aug 2020, 07:04 pm »
So a pure Copper tube is inferior to a Brass connector with steel screws?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
When your speakers do not measure as you say they do (again, as proven above and your words) I'm pretty sure a connector doesn't mean jack.  Get the basics right and consistent first before throwing stones.  If you really did care for actual science you would provide some actual real spec sheets with proper electrical data.  Further, you only want to believe in science when it's of any benefit for you not consistently.  Saying it's better is nothing just like saying 100's of customers buy it...there are many gullible people as you know.   :)

Early B.

« Reply #157 on: 26 Aug 2020, 07:30 pm »
If you really did care for actual science you would provide some actual real spec sheets with proper electrical data.  Further, you only want to believe in science when it's of any benefit for you not consistently.  Saying it's better is nothing just like saying 100's of customers buy it...there are many gullible people as you know.   :)

You insulted hundreds of satisfied GR Research customers by insinuating that they're gullible. How low will you go?

It's time to throw this discussion in the waste bin.   

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #158 on: 26 Aug 2020, 08:14 pm »
Why am I reminded of when I was a  kid bickering with my siblings in the back seat of the family truckster.  My mom would say;

"Don't make me come back there"

C'mon everybody, aim higher.

AlexH

« Reply #159 on: 26 Aug 2020, 08:27 pm »
Why am I reminded of when I was a  kid bickering with my siblings in the back seat of the family truckster.  My mom would say;

"Don't make me come back there"

C'mon everybody, aim higher.

+1