I received a question about how I attached the baffle and what steps I took to prevent moisture splitting the layers. Below are a few pics and what I did to prevent splitting.
This pic is actually the baffle being glued into place.
This pic shows how each layer was a complete circle and the baffle attached as a separate unit.
To prevent splitting:
1). I used Moisture Resistant HDF
2). I made each ring like an O and not a C
3). I glued the inside of the cabinet
I believe this is overkill but should work. If I was to do it over I would probably use the C approach to reduce material usage. The ultimate would be to use a Baltic birch and stabilize it via vacuum and cactus juice. I’ve seen posts where manufactures use glue and negative pressure to seal the mdf.
Have fun, Translam are awesome!