NFL Football ('14-'15)

stlrman

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #500 on: 12 Jan 2015, 12:23 am »
Denver looks like ASS!!
Colts looking great ! Tons of effort, now with a running game. It's over for Denver.

doorman

« Reply #501 on: 12 Jan 2015, 12:32 am »
Well, at least Dallas was spared a thrashing by Seattle !

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #502 on: 12 Jan 2015, 12:57 am »
:roll:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #503 on: 12 Jan 2015, 01:02 am »
Denver looks like ASS!!
Colts looking great ! Tons of effort, now with a running game. It's over for Denver.

Peyton Manning appears to be washed up. He was not very good during the second half of the season. Today he was terrible.
John Fox is a fraud of a coach. Denver only has 1 QB behind Manning and he is a 4th year player with about 5 minutes worth of garbage time experience over that period. Several key players are up for contract renewal and both the Offensive and Defensive co-ordinators are being interviewed for coaching positions elsewhere next season.
The upshot? Denver will not be winning its division again for a half dozen years or possibly much more. It's over. No more playoffs for the foreseeable future.
And I think this game settles the discussions of Brady vs. Peyton as better QB. There really is no comparison.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #504 on: 12 Jan 2015, 01:19 am »
Think you've got it pretty well pegged, Macro.  Peyton looked old.

TomS

« Reply #505 on: 12 Jan 2015, 01:32 am »
Think you've got it pretty well pegged, Macro.  Peyton looked old.
I've watched him for many years and he definitely wasn't right, for whatever reason. Sad performance. That said, where was Denver's defense - Miller, Ware, Marshall, Talib and the running game that had been so strong as of late? They should have just pounded it into the middle of the Colts. The Patriots mashed the Colts with it during the season. Makes no sense to me.

NE will be much better prepared for the Colts in Foxboro than Denver was, but I'm glad they stayed alive another week.

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #506 on: 12 Jan 2015, 01:50 am »
Like TomS, another Hoosier here.

The Colts game plan was great and they looked like a different team.  But the game did smack of a passing of the torch, so to speak, and not just for Peyton--Reggie Wayne didn't have a catch.  And Boom Herron was so tough tonight, Trent Richardson should be concerned about his spot on the roster next year.

All in all (my Colts Blue is bleeding), they played very well. I hope they kick NE's arse next week! (I can hope?!)

The other three games were great fun to watch. Rogers was terrific on one leg!

asliarun

« Reply #507 on: 12 Jan 2015, 02:29 am »
What do you guys think about the Packers and Seahawks game? Will it be even close or will the Seahawks demolish the Packers? As a fan of both teams, I am going to have fun but I also wished Rodgers was in top health.

Pneumonic

« Reply #508 on: 12 Jan 2015, 03:22 am »
And I think this game settles the discussions of Brady vs. Peyton as better QB. There really is no comparison.
I don't think it ever really was in doubt ......

Peyton is now 1 and done in 9 playoff appearances.
Brady is now going to his 9th AFC championship game.

Brady has played well enough to win 5 super bowls compared to Manning's one. Brady has been a defensive stop away from victory in his 2 super bowl losses.
Manning got blown out in one super bowl loss and threw a game sealing pick 6 in the other.

This is pretty easy math.

doorman

« Reply #509 on: 12 Jan 2015, 05:14 am »
What do you guys think about the Packers and Seahawks game? Will it be even close or will the Seahawks demolish the Packers? As a fan of both teams, I am going to have fun but I also wished Rodgers was in top health.
For the Packers to win in Seattle, Rodgers will need to have 2 good legs, and the supporting cast wiil
have to be virtually mistake free.
Should be a fun game.
Any team is just a key injury away from an exit, though.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #510 on: 12 Jan 2015, 11:23 am »
I apologize for my emotions.  Congratulations Packer's fans.  You have a superb team led by a superb QB and coach(s) that played very, very well all season.  Of course, your team has my respect and admiration and I'll be pullin for you in Seattle.  Best.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #511 on: 12 Jan 2015, 11:39 am »
I apologize for my emotions.  Congratulations Packer's fans.  You have a superb team led by a superb QB and coach(s) that played very, very well all season.  Of course, your team has my respect and admiration and I'll be pullin for you in Seattle.  Best.
Jim Goulding - you just can't help yourself, can you?

You are always a gentleman, through and through.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #512 on: 12 Jan 2015, 11:45 am »
Thank you. Macro.  You're too kind.  I value your posts, yes sir.

Nick77

« Reply #513 on: 12 Jan 2015, 02:37 pm »

That call could have easily gone both ways. I think they were robbed!  :?

rodge827

« Reply #514 on: 12 Jan 2015, 02:42 pm »
That call could have easily gone both ways. I think they were robbed!  :?

As was Detroit!

chip

« Reply #515 on: 12 Jan 2015, 03:50 pm »

If Rodgers was healthy I think a great game. With him not 100% and the way the defense looked yesterday  :scratch: not so sure just depends on how bad they want it. Rodgers was off with his throws in the 1st half and way better in the second plus some dropped balls. To win they need little if no mistakes all around.  Either way I think both games this upcoming weekend should be fun to watch. Hoping for no one sided games.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #516 on: 12 Jan 2015, 04:04 pm »
If Rodgers was healthy I think a great game. With him not 100% and the way the defense looked yesterday  :scratch: not so sure just depends on how bad they want it. Rodgers was off with his throws in the 1st half and way better in the second plus some dropped balls. To win they need little if no mistakes all around.  Either way I think both games this upcoming weekend should be fun to watch. Hoping for no one sided games.
Denver made the Colts look much better than they are. Look for New England to win by 20. Both Manning and Dalton are playoff choke artists - this is historical fact and not a biased observation. Brady is another matter entirely.

As for Seattle, it might be time for them to have a bad game - but probably not. Therefore, bogus reffing or obscene good luck will be needed by the Pack. If the Seattle secondary is allowed to hold ant trip GB receivers, it's already over.

Seahawks vs. Patriots in Arizona is looking ever more likely.

mick wolfe

« Reply #517 on: 12 Jan 2015, 06:05 pm »
Oh, Let, you so bad you are.  I have been a Dallas hater for the past decade or two (too old to remember) for reasons of their owner.  I'm from there, btw.  And Tony Romo wasn't winning any popularity contests with me neither.  Well, until this year.  I so much wanted them to go to Seattle again and kick some more Seahawks tail.  I dunno who is responsible for their recent college drafts and trades but they have built a formidable team and my hat is off to them.  Just give Romo a wee bit more protection and maybe next year Dallas will.  Damn they were good.  One call at the end was the difference and I didn't get it.  The ball never hit the ground.  He had it under control when HE did.  Damn.

Couldn't agree  more. Bryant took two steps with possession and lost control stretching for the goal line. Regardless, the "Calvin Johnson catch rule" stinks both by definition and application. Robert Smith said as much on the post game show, but was quickly cut off by his colleagues. Yet Randall Cobb is credited with a catch when the replay shows the ball clearly touched the ground. Oh well, last week it was the Cowboys catching a major break.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #518 on: 12 Jan 2015, 06:12 pm »
Bryant got greedy. If he had not reached for the goal line, the Cowboys would likely have gone ahead and used more time doing so. Live and learn. With the ball inside the two yard line and four downs to score a touchdown, it is near certain that the Cowboys would have taken the lead and put the onus on GB to beat the clock.

cab

« Reply #519 on: 12 Jan 2015, 06:36 pm »
If the ball hadn't hit the ground causing it to pop out and Dez losing control, it would have been a different story....