NFL Football ('14-'15)

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #440 on: 29 Dec 2014, 11:22 am »
Agreed!  Donkeykong Sue needs to sit down for a while.  That "accidental" step on Rodgers' injured leg is what I've come to expect from this punk thug. I wish someone would put a helmet on Sue's knee and end his career perminantly.  He's a cheap shot punk and a disgrace to the league.  Kind've like how Detroit is a disgrace to the USA.  On second thought, Donkeykong was made for Detroit. Go Packers!

+1

But then professional football/basketball is full of disgraceful thugs.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #441 on: 29 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm »
Agreed!  Donkeykong Sue needs to sit down for a while.  That "accidental" step on Rodgers' injured leg is what I've come to expect from this punk thug. I wish someone would put a helmet on Sue's knee and end his career perminantly.  He's a cheap shot punk and a disgrace to the league.  Kind've like how Detroit is a disgrace to the USA.  On second thought, Donkeykong was made for Detroit. Go Packers!

I'm sorry to admit that I feel this way too.  I've never wished for a player to be injured permanently, but for the first time I actually rooted for the Packers to take his knee out.  Thank goodness they're too classy to do it.  What a lowlife scumbag.  He needs to be out of football.  The league won't do more than a game or two for this repeat offender, so I won't be sad for him if somebody does their work for them.

chip

« Reply #442 on: 29 Dec 2014, 02:25 pm »
Yeah, Watt has had a very deserving year.

He is a great player but I just don't think he will get the votes.

chip

« Reply #443 on: 29 Dec 2014, 02:26 pm »
Rodgers -MVP all the way.....

And Suh deserves a vacation...

Couldn't agree more.

chip

« Reply #444 on: 29 Dec 2014, 02:32 pm »
Playoff Picture - My picks are in BOLD
NFL Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 3

NFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Arizona at Carolina (ESPN) - Carolina has been playing well lateley and Arizona has not been looking that great in the last couple of games.

AFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Baltimore at Pittsburgh (NBC)  Pittsburgh has been strong though with Bells knee and being questionable we will have to see how that will affect them.
Sunday, Jan. 4

AFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Cincinnati at Indianapolis (CBS) This might be a close match up but Indy still goes home with the win.

NFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Detroit at Dallas (FOX) Dallas is too strong of a team for Detroit and I think Dallas runs all over them.

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 10

AFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Baltimore/Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at New England (NBC) New England at home is tough for any team. If Pittsburgh goes there it could be close but edge still to NE.

NFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Detroit/Arizona/Carolina at Seattle (FOX) Seattle has been playing strong in the last couple of games and at home.
Sunday, Jan. 11

NFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Dallas/Carolina/Arizona at Green Bay (FOX)   ***Dallas at Green Bay will be a close match and I give an edge to the Packers

AFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at Denver (CBS) Denver at home only close match up would be if Pittsburgh went there.

These games for the superbowl are tougher picks and have to watch the games before to make a decision though I am still thinking home teams win.....
Denver at New England

Green Bay at Seattle

roscoeiii

« Reply #445 on: 29 Dec 2014, 02:39 pm »
Not a Suh fan, for obvious reasons, but wishing physical  harm on him or any other athlete is going too far, IMO.

Let's discipline him for all transgressions in ways that hurt professionally  and financially, but let's not get into an eye-for-an-eye mentality.

jackman

« Reply #446 on: 30 Dec 2014, 12:31 am »
Not a Suh fan, for obvious reasons, but wishing physical  harm on him or any other athlete is going too far, IMO.

Let's discipline him for all transgressions in ways that hurt professionally  and financially, but let's not get into an eye-for-an-eye mentality.

Roscoe,
You are a good guy and your comments make me feel a bit guilty.  At least I didn't say I wanted Suh dead.  Baby steps... :thumb:

The league suspended him for his immaturity and intent to hurt Rodgers.  Suh has severely hurt his team's chances to win a RARE playoff game for Detroit as he goes into free agency.  There is a good chance he's played his last game as a Lion.  I hope the Bears don't sign this joker because he's a disgrace. 

Cheers,
J

cab

« Reply #447 on: 30 Dec 2014, 01:46 am »
Glad to see the league did the right thing...I was kind of hoping Rodgers would pull a Longest Yard and let Suh have a 65 mph fastball in the nuts...

roscoeiii

« Reply #448 on: 30 Dec 2014, 01:49 am »
Yeah, I think Suh cost himself some money with that stomp. Just don't get it.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #449 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:33 am »
I don't really expect J.J. to be the MVP, I just strongly think he should be. Aside from being named a Captain in this year's Pro Bowl, aside from his Foundation to cover the costs of grade school athletic programs, here's his stats for  this season: 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, one interception, 59 solo tackles, a safety, two defensive touchdowns, and four offensive-receiving touchdowns. He accomplished that in 1,012 snaps on the field.

Not that performances from years past should count, but J.J. is the first player in NFL history to have multiple  twenty sack seasons. Ever.

Rogers is a great quarterback. J.J. Watt is more valuable.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.  :D

Have fun,

Jerry

cab

« Reply #450 on: 30 Dec 2014, 03:41 am »
Here's how I look at it: take Rodgers off the Packers and have them start Flynn, their backup. Replace one of their defensive lineman with Watt. Do they still go to the playoffs? I very much doubt it.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #451 on: 30 Dec 2014, 05:02 am »
Here's how I look at it: take Rodgers off the Packers and have them start Flynn, their backup. Replace one of their defensive lineman with Watt. Do they still go to the playoffs? I very much doubt it.
Let's replace Romo with Rodgers, and the Boys advance an extra round... maybe.  Replace the Cowboys DT with Watt, and they win the big enchilada. Give Seattle Rodgers, Romo, Brady, even P Manning, and they win it all.  You can play games with who's most valuable.  It really is a close pick between Rodgers, Romo, Watt, Murray, ???...

charmerci

« Reply #452 on: 30 Dec 2014, 10:07 am »
Glad to see the league did the right thing...I was kind of hoping Rodgers would pull a Longest Yard and let Suh have a 65 mph fastball in the nuts...

Today's players are wimps!  :roll:   Check out Sammy Baugh's story at 1:30!  :o   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdL6hY-9_e4

sts9fan

« Reply #453 on: 30 Dec 2014, 01:47 pm »
I don't really expect J.J. to be the MVP, I just strongly think he should be. Aside from being named a Captain in this year's Pro Bowl, aside from his Foundation to cover the costs of grade school athletic programs, here's his stats for  this season: 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles, one interception, 59 solo tackles, a safety, two defensive touchdowns, and four offensive-receiving touchdowns. He accomplished that in 1,012 snaps on the field.

Not that performances from years past should count, but J.J. is the first player in NFL history to have multiple  twenty sack seasons. Ever.

Rogers is a great quarterback. J.J. Watt is more valuable.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.  :D

Have fun,

Jerry

Its not a "Best Player" award.  Its the player who help his team the most.

Let's replace Romo with Rodgers, and the Boys advance an extra round... maybe.  Replace the Cowboys DT with Watt, and they win the big enchilada. Give Seattle Rodgers, Romo, Brady, even P Manning, and they win it all.  You can play games with who's most valuable.  It really is a close pick between Rodgers, Romo, Watt, Murray, ???...

You honestly think adding Watt would be more valuable then Rodgers?  Romo is and always has been the weak point of these Cowboys.  He always does and always will choke when it matters.   

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #454 on: 30 Dec 2014, 03:04 pm »
Aha, the old Tony Choko thing.  I don't buy it. During regular season, he has been clutch, and with a broken back- by the way with better stats than Rodgers.  Odds are he loses a game in the playoffs this year, just like Brady and Manning did last year, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before..... There are maybe 4 teams that wouldn't like to have Romo as their starter.
And yes, as one that follows the team, for sure Dallas, and probably Denver, N.E., and Pittsburg, for the playoffs, Watt would be a bigger addition than Rodgers.

And one other thing.  MVP is based on regular season.  The voting takes place before the first playoff game.

vortrex

« Reply #455 on: 31 Dec 2014, 05:09 am »

Suh won an appeal and will be playing vs Dallas.

geowak

« Reply #456 on: 4 Jan 2015, 04:31 am »
Steelers are done  :(  Ravens move on  :D

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #457 on: 4 Jan 2015, 04:41 am »
I didn't expect Balmer to win, but I'm damned glad they did!    :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #458 on: 4 Jan 2015, 08:45 pm »
I cringe every time I hear Phil Simms refer to the Bingles. What a hillbilly!

Looks like the Colts are coming to Denver next week. I'm losing interest in the NFL at the time of year when I would normally be getting more excited game by game. The lack of activity on this thread this year would suggest that I'm not the only one who lacks passion.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #459 on: 4 Jan 2015, 08:52 pm »
I cringe every time I hear Phil Simms refer to the Bingles. What a hillbilly!

+1!