Wha was the last Blu-ray (DVD) movie that you watched on your Home Theater rig?

North Star

• "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
Re: 2D-to-3D conversion
« Reply #80 on: 2 Aug 2013, 09:52 pm »
It certainly is NS.  :thumb:
Thank you for starting it.

Bob

p.s. By the way, do you have pics of your HT room? If so, please post them in our other good thread, "Show us your HT room".

I'm just like Elizabeth.  :D

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
That sounds like an inside joke, and I'm on the outside.  :lol:

North Star

Last night I watched this ::

--

* It was alright. ...Well ....

- I viewed it on a 60" size plasma screen (a Samsung one), and played from one of my BD players (an Oppo one).
The sound was provided by an Integra pre/pro, few multichannel and stereo Rotel amplifiers, nine discrete satellite speakers (all Canadian made; Image and Paradigm), and two subwoofers (Def Tech from Baltimore, USA).
It is a constantly evolving home theater visual/surround sound system (rig).

North Star

That sounds like an inside joke, and I'm on the outside.  :lol:

Bob, I'm not a show-off type of person. ...I'm just here to enjoy and share them rides with all of you.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
I can respect that. Rock on.  8)

North Star

I just knew you would.  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
Dats how I roll.  :wink:

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum

Watched this last night. Not a fan but it was a good concert and I thought it was really pretty good, didn't realize she had such a potty mouth!! but I can dig it!
Oh my!

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
I'll second that recommendation.
My wife wanted to purchase and watch the disc. I watched it with her, and much to my surprise it was a great show.
Adele is almost more fun to listen to talk and tell stories, than she is to hear sing. A very entertaining show, to say the least.
I'll watch it again.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Yeah Adele ain't speakin the queen's English, gov.

Warning : Super snarky controversial comment : if she were black she would not have gotten a tenth of the attention and fame she has. Not that she's a bad singer, but no miracle nor as talented as so many out there. Fortunately I think she's aware of that and isn't a twat. Quite the contrary it seems.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
"isn't a twat. Quite the contrary it seems. "

I have to agree! Not my type of music but my wife likes it so I had to give it a go. Not bad at all.

North Star

Yeah Adele ain't speakin the queen's English, gov.

Warning : Super snarky controversial comment : if she were black she would not have gotten a tenth of the attention and fame she has. Not that she's a bad singer, but no miracle nor as talented as so many out there. Fortunately I think she's aware of that and isn't a twat. Quite the contrary it seems.

That! ...In my own thread!  :wink: :green: ...Gotcha! ...Right back where it belongs.  :angel:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
The Descendants, a great George Clooney vehicle.  Got it in a pile of BR's and DVD's when the last Blockbuster store in So. Jersey closed.  They were going from $1-3 pre-viewed.

North Star

The Descendants, a great George Clooney vehicle.  Got it in a pile of BR's and DVD's when the last Blockbuster store in So. Jersey closed.  They were going from $1-3 pre-viewed.

Great flick.  :thumb:

mcgsxr

Iron Man with the kids.  There are some excellent bass drops as you would expect, and decent use of the surround field.  Good visuals too (hard to argue with Gwyneth in HD!).

They like 2 and 3 also, but for me the best movie is 1, but the effects ramp up moreso in the later movies.

I caught The Man with the Iron Fists on TV last night, and will have to look into that one on Blu Ray.  I love flying Kung Fu movies, and that one has some fun effects in it too.  Of course I should not raise it in this thread, since I did not watch it on Blu Ray, or even in the big rig downstairs!

nature boy

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty last night.  Great flick.

NB

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Iron Man with the kids.  There are some excellent bass drops as you would expect, and decent use of the surround field.  Good visuals too (hard to argue with Gwyneth in HD!).

They like 2 and 3 also, but for me the best movie is 1, but the effects ramp up moreso in the later movies.

I caught The Man with the Iron Fists on TV last night, and will have to look into that one on Blu Ray.  I love flying Kung Fu movies, and that one has some fun effects in it too.  Of course I should not raise it in this thread, since I did not watch it on Blu Ray, or even in the big rig downstairs!

Two very entertaining flicks.  Agreed on IM1 vs 2-3 : as much as I liked the first, curiously I seemed to lose interest quickly in the sequels.  Sometimes lightening doesn't strike but once. 

North Star

I caught The Man with the Iron Fists on TV last night, and will have to look into that one on Blu Ray.  I love flying Kung Fu movies, and that one has some fun effects in it too. 
Of course I should not raise it in this thread, since I did not watch it on Blu Ray, or even in the big rig downstairs!

Don't sweat it man; this thread is not locked onto strictly Blu-ray. ...DVD, VHS, Youtube, HDTV, regular CRT TV, Internet TV, ... anything that has moving pictures from any type of definition (240i to Ultra HDTV 4K) is good enough for this thread. ...And it could be a movie, a documentary, a music concert, etc.
- It just happened that Blu-ray was the first word I used that's all.   ...And movie was the second.

And if you watched it on a true IMAX full-size theater screen, or on a portable cell phone with a 2-inch screen; that's ok too.

I started this thread and it's a free thread about what we watch on our screens, instead of in real life. ...Moving pictures; from sci-fi to based on real events.

So now you have it!  :D

* Last night (revisited) ::

--

- Love it!  :lol:

North Star

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty last night.  Great flick.

NB

Do you believe that version NB? ...The content of that movie, its essence, its claim of being true.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Well, here we go skating on the thin ice again, as we love to do  :icon_lol:, but all I'll say is that it's supposed to be a "movie" not a documentary, even though it also tap dances at the blurry edge of that.........i think we know that you think it's probably actually doing the vertical lambada instead........