Wha was the last Blu-ray (DVD) movie that you watched on your Home Theater rig?

North Star

• "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
I know all about the rules; that's why I made a special mention about it.

It has nothing to do with politics; it's indoctrination of the masses by the medias. ...To keep people happy to be living under control of all the lies in the goal for some to gain financial power and prestige in the eyes of others. ...Economics and sociology.

Anything else is pure interpretation from the readers.  :|

Freo-1

You still don't get it.  You are making a political statement, trying to be too cute by half doesn't cut it.  Leave the subject matter for forums other than Audio Circle. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
* As for 'Battleship' (I got the Blu), it totally sucks!  :duh:
- If you think that a good looking picture (shiny) with a cool soundtrack (kaboom and all mayhem) with an awful plot with awful acting is value entertainment, you got one real bad thing comin' directly at you!.
I didn't use the words "value entertainment".
But since I got it for what would amount to less than $1 on my Netflix list, then sure, I guess I'd say I got my 'value' out of it.
But like I said, it was a stupid movie. But I didn't spend five figures on room, speakers, and equipment without wanting shiney things that blow up in high def.

You still don't get it.  You are making a political statement, trying to be too cute by half doesn't cut it.  Leave the subject matter for forums other than Audio Circle. 
Freo, thank you for stating this...... much more tactfully than I would have stated it.  :thumb:

Bob - Moderator

North Star

Yes sir!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Bicycle Thieves
Burn Notice
Belle Du Jour
Homeland!!!

North Star

I watched this last night, in 3D, ...meh.

--

--- * You can click ^ on it if you feel like it.

North Star

-- Because I'm still big on 3D (active), I watched this last night :::

--

----- * And I can't wait for 4K. ^ ...That was fun, no more no less.

wushuliu

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Worth it just to see Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, and David Thewlis in the same scene. That must have been a blast!

kmmd

• 5 mos.= My VAC is back - now silver w/phono
    • Systems
We've watched The Hobbit, MI: Ghost Protocol, Inception, I, Robot, Skyfall, Tron Legacy and Kung Fu Panda 2 in the past week.  All Blu-rays were absolutely amazing using my new Theta Digital Casablanca III HD.  :D

North Star

We've watched The Hobbit, MI: Ghost Protocol, Inception, I, Robot, Skyfall, Tron Legacy and Kung Fu Panda 2 in the past week.  All Blu-rays were absolutely amazing using my new Theta Digital Casablanca III HD.  :D

All great Blu-ray movie titles!  :thumb:

* I wasn't enthralled by 'The Hobbit 3D', and 2D as well. ...But all the other titles you just mentioned above; right on!

** Did you guys watched 'Oz the Great and Powerful' on Blu (3D)?

North Star

2D-to-3D conversion
« Reply #70 on: 1 Aug 2013, 07:27 pm »
Last night I revisited this great Stanley Kubrick's flick, ... in 3D ::

--

* It's a Masterpiece, just like '2001 A Space Odyssey'. ...And the music score is a high level of emotional impact, the very best!

wushuliu

Re: 2D-to-3D conversion
« Reply #71 on: 1 Aug 2013, 07:32 pm »
... in 3D

That explains everything.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right

** Did you guys watched 'Oz the Great and Powerful' on Blu (3D)?

As you can imagine the visuals + effects were cool, but most of the rest of the movie was crap.  Mila Kuniss (?) pre-transformation was hot as usual.  If I was forced to re-watch, I would up to that part then press "stop".

James Franco is now becoming infamous as a shite actor - why do they keep casting him?  It's like he's constantly reprising the "Freeks & Geeks" sardonic role, which was about pitch perfect when he was a teen, but now is WAY past it's sell by date.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #73 on: 1 Aug 2013, 07:35 pm »
Last night I revisited this great Stanley Kubrick's flick, ... in 3D ::

--

* It's a Masterpiece, just like '2001 A Space Odyssey'. ...And the music score is a high level of emotional impact, the very best!

Prediction : this will remain for a long time to come the #1 horror masterpiece.  If you stop to think, surprisingly very little actual physical violence.  Less than a Tom & Jerry cartoon, but sure to emotionally scare a little kid.  SO much better than say an Exorcist movie, which comes off almost as a dry procedural in comparison........

wushuliu

James Franco is now becoming infamous as a shite actor - why do they keep casting him?  It's like he's constantly reprising the "Freeks & Geeks" sardonic role, which was about pitch perfect when he was a teen, but now is WAY past it's sell by date.

To be fair this applies to many good actors today. Hello Nic Cage and Sam Jackson. Most of them are just coasting, collecting paychecks.

Apparently Franco did a very good job with the Faulkner film he directed and starred in this year. Now you have to dig through the small films to find the interesting performances.

wushuliu

« Reply #75 on: 1 Aug 2013, 07:44 pm »
Prediction : this will remain for a long time to come the #1 horror masterpiece.  If you stop to think, surprisingly very little actual physical violence.  Less than a Tom & Jerry cartoon, but sure to emotionally scare a little kid.  SO much better than say an Exorcist movie, which comes off almost as a dry procedural in comparison........

Be sure to check out the documentary/site on The Shining. Think it's on youtube where you learn just how detailed the set design was including stairs and rooms that go nowhere and are physically impossible but when the camera travels Kubrick was brilliant enough to anticipate the way your brain would process the impossibility, heightening your sense of unreality. Frickin' cool.

http://youtu.be/0sUIxXCCFWw

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
To be fair this applies to many good actors today. Hello Nic Cage and Sam Jackson. Most of them are just coasting, collecting paychecks.

Apparently Franco did a very good job with the Faulkner film he directed and starred in this year. Now you have to dig through the small films to find the interesting performances.

At least Cage + Jackson have a more amusing default persona than Franco, though I know of some who find Cage unbearable.  To each his own I guess.......

As a side-bar, there was I think a one episode side character in one of the Entourage episodes which I could swear was drawn on Franco......

North Star

« Reply #77 on: 2 Aug 2013, 07:29 am »
That explains everything.

Like the title of my post said; it was a 2D-to-3D conversion; done from my HDTV 3D side.
...Different for sure, but nothing to write home about, or sweat over, or lose sleep over, or ride a high horse...  :wink:

North Star

« Reply #78 on: 2 Aug 2013, 07:35 am »
Be sure to check out the documentary/site on The Shining. Think it's on youtube where you learn just how detailed the set design was including stairs and rooms that go nowhere and are physically impossible but when the camera travels Kubrick was brilliant enough to anticipate the way your brain would process the impossibility, heightening your sense of unreality. Frickin' cool.

http://youtu.be/0sUIxXCCFWw

I knew that this was going to be a good thread.   8)

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #79 on: 2 Aug 2013, 02:02 pm »
I knew that this was going to be a good thread.   8)
It certainly is NS.  :thumb:
Thank you for starting it.

Bob

p.s. By the way, do you have pics of your HT room? If so, please post them in our other good thread, "Show us your HT room".