What's it like in your listening room? Let's post videos!

neekomax

Re: What's it like in your listening room? Let's post videos!
« Reply #60 on: 19 Mar 2013, 01:48 pm »
Pete and Jack....Great looking rooms fellas.  :thumb: I'm loving this thread.

Alright, Bob, time for us to see the Man Cave with its 29 15" drivers! :icon_lol:

BTW, OT, what exactly is an 'infinite baffle' anyway? Is that like cold fusion or something?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #61 on: 19 Mar 2013, 02:06 pm »
Alright, Bob, time for us to see the Man Cave with its 29 15" drivers! :icon_lol:

BTW, OT, what exactly is an 'infinite baffle' anyway? Is that like cold fusion or something?
Infinite baffle is where the rear wave doesn't enter the equation. The energy created is put in an attic, basement, or outside where it doesn't affect the front wave.
From the net;
A loudspeaker enclosure that totally separates sound emanating from the rear of the speaker cone from sound emanating in front, so as to prevent mutual interference.

I do want to make a video, I've just been lazy. Actually, I'm very OCD and want everything perfect, so I'll end up making more of a pain in the butt that it has to be. That's the real reason I haven't don it.  :duh:

And for the record, I only have (9) 15" drivers and (2) 10" drivers in my room.  :P :wink:

Bob

JackD201

« Reply #62 on: 19 Mar 2013, 02:53 pm »
Is that a bar on the right?

Yup!  :thumb:

C'mon Bob, do it! It'll be great! No need to be OCD (although I know EXACTLY how you feel!)  :lol:

bummrush

« Reply #63 on: 19 Mar 2013, 07:09 pm »
http://youtu.be/NcNxA7vOS5w    I swear to god thats all i can figure out.But it works copy and paste or highlight it or whatever you call that,and go to .

neekomax

« Reply #64 on: 19 Mar 2013, 07:50 pm »
http://youtu.be/NcNxA7vOS5w    I swear to god thats all i can figure out.But it works copy and paste or highlight it or whatever you call that,and go to .

Um.... music? :scratch:

ugoderosa

« Reply #65 on: 19 Mar 2013, 08:26 pm »
A friend took this while she was visiting. Sorry it's a short one. I've never gotten around to taking a video myself. Whenever I'm about to I just end up plopping down on my favorite chair. I should though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvljYgzsNU&feature=player_embedded

Nice set up.  I particularly like the prime listening chair-  a Cassina Auckland, correct?  :wink:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #66 on: 20 Mar 2013, 12:52 am »
Ok...I shot a video tonight. But I can't find the weird cord needed to link the camcorder to the PC.........  :roll: ..........   :duh:

EDIT: Found a cable. Uploading a file now. Not sure what it is (cause I'm new at this) but it's a large file.  :lol:

neekomax

« Reply #67 on: 20 Mar 2013, 02:29 am »
Ok...I shot a video tonight. But I can't find the weird cord needed to link the camcorder to the PC.........  :roll: ..........   :duh:

EDIT: Found a cable. Uploading a file now. Not sure what it is (cause I'm new at this) but it's a large file.  :lol:

Did you edit it on your PC and compress it for the web?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #68 on: 20 Mar 2013, 02:37 am »
Ahh.....Here's my first attempt.  :oops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVS8DMKhgw

EDIT: While recording I almost forgot the best part. If you wait til the very end, you can see the I.B. rig.   :thumb:
I might do this again, but without the video, and the lights on. The video quality was pretty poor in this video. Sorry.

neekomax

« Reply #69 on: 20 Mar 2013, 02:52 am »

EDIT: While recording I almost forgot the best part. If you wait til the very end, you can see the I.B. rig.   :thumb:
I might do this again, but without the video, and the lights on. The video quality was pretty poor in this video. Sorry.

Hell fucking yeah, bro! That was awesome! That definitely looks, to me, like the most fun room yet. SO COOL!

Man, the image on that screen is killer. It was cool to get the little tour, and meanwhile it sounded so live in there, when it was just the image of the screen at the beginning, it sounded like I was watching the movie, not a Youtube video. That is just super dope. And even cooler that so much of it is DIY...  :rock:

BTW, what is that movie? Shit is great.

JackD201

« Reply #70 on: 20 Mar 2013, 04:32 am »
Sorry? I loved it!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #71 on: 20 Mar 2013, 06:14 am »
Look'in good guys.... :beer:

Bob....What brand of beer did you have in that mug ? :lol:
 (Sure got a lot of model cars...)

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #72 on: 20 Mar 2013, 01:04 pm »

Yeah, I think that's more like it. :thumb:

And so I offer the reverent "I'm not worthy" emoticon.:bowdown:

~Greg

MaxCast

« Reply #73 on: 20 Mar 2013, 03:09 pm »
A friend took this while she was visiting. Sorry it's a short one. I've never gotten around to taking a video myself. Whenever I'm about to I just end up plopping down on my favorite chair. I should though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvljYgzsNU&feature=player_embedded

Jack, that is pretty sweet.  It sounded great even on my imac.  What recording was that?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #74 on: 20 Mar 2013, 03:35 pm »
Thanks for the complements fellas!  :thumb:

Neeko, the "movie" you're seeing is actually the Bluray of the 2010 Crossroads Guitar festival.
Two discs of pure awesomeness.

Chris, the beer is my daily swill of Bud Select.  :wink:

Jack, the "sorry" comment was based on the grainy quality of the video and overall inability to see things like the equipment in the rack and the I.B. (note, I had to use a flashlight to view the IB rig).

I might do an audio only with the lights on, windows open version.

Bob

JackD201

« Reply #75 on: 20 Mar 2013, 05:36 pm »
Jack, that is pretty sweet.  It sounded great even on my imac.  What recording was that?

I believe that was an Enya CD. Harvest Moon is the album I think. Thanks Max!

neekomax

« Reply #76 on: 20 Mar 2013, 08:30 pm »
This thread is gettin' good!  :D

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #77 on: 21 Mar 2013, 02:39 am »
This thread is gettin' good!  :D
Agreed. But I still like Jacks room. Would like to see more, and know more.
That bar is pretty neat. Lights shining though wood veneer? That's cool.

Ok....Here's another one. This time without the video projection, all the room lighting turned on and the turntable spinning. 100% analog, no digital.
I'd love to hear thoughts on sound quality.

Equipment is listed under the YouTube "show more" button.
(Unfortunately, I've yet to watch the video, since I'm still waiting for the upload to finish, but they've given me a link....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMioJXplO4o&feature=youtu.be

Bob

mgalusha

« Reply #78 on: 21 Mar 2013, 02:46 am »
I am digging this thread, always wanted to hear Bob's Hawthorne's and this is likely as close as I'll get, really dig the system Bob. Jack's room is a killer, love it very much.

I tried one more time tonight, like Bob, vinyl and I finally have my main speakers back in, so this is my "normal" setup, given that none of us are what most folks would consider normal.

It's still uploading to YouTube as well, given my craptasitc bandwidth I'd say another 25 - 30 minutes. Apologize for the quality, the cell phone is not what I'd call a good camera. I might try one more time with my Fuji, it does 1080p but of course has a super suck microphone but at least I can put it on the tripod and it won't jerk around like the phone.

http://youtu.be/8JI6sE4z59s

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #79 on: 21 Mar 2013, 03:03 am »
Mike, please don't judge the Hawthornes based on what you're hearing here.  :duh:
It's sounding pretty bad on my end, both videos.

I'm not sure why the first video uploaded in HD when I didn't specifically ask it to, yet the second video did not upload in HD, even though I didn't do anything different compaired to the first video. I'll have to try this again, hopefully to get it right.

Your (new) video isn't up yet either. Seems to take a while on my end as well.  :roll:

Bob

EDIT: I'm not sure why the video won't upload in HD.  :scratch:
There's no button that specifies, so why the first one did and the second one didn't, is a mystery. Hmmm..