What's it like in your listening room? Let's post videos!

jimdgoulding

Re: What's it like in your listening room? Let's post videos!
« Reply #40 on: 9 Mar 2013, 02:52 am »
Well done, thanks for the video!  :thumb:
Thanks, Lark.  I can very well imagine what you are getting having heard some of the Duke's work around town.

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #41 on: 9 Mar 2013, 05:23 pm »
Heh--I thought I was a bit of a weirdo putting my Zoom recorder at the listening spot...then I saw this thread. :D

The H4N recorder that Neekomax has is quite a bit more flexible for audio than my Q3 (haven't checked out the HD version yet), but those Zoom recorders are very handy for capturing audio on the spot, and with very good quality to boot. I was thinking of documenting some local audio club meetings with it, but the Q3 doesn't do well with dimly lit rooms. Forgot to open the blinds here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-E_kh72p8o

neekomax

« Reply #42 on: 9 Mar 2013, 07:44 pm »
Heh--I thought I was a bit of a weirdo putting my Zoom recorder at the listening spot...then I saw this thread. :D

The H4N recorder that Neekomax has is quite a bit more flexible for audio than my Q3 (haven't checked out the HD version yet), but those Zoom recorders are very handy for capturing audio on the spot, and with very good quality to boot. I was thinking of documenting some local audio club meetings with it, but the Q3 doesn't do well with dimly lit rooms. Forgot to open the blinds here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-E_kh72p8o

Yeah, we're all weird here.

The Q3 looks like a nifty bit of kit. Having the video aspect is pretty cool. Sounded good too.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #43 on: 14 Mar 2013, 03:45 am »
Looked at Mike's room again with the Vapors and what looks like modest powered tube amps driving them (see the link on page 1).  The speaks are 95db efficient.  Don't know what it is, the combination of what can be seen in the video coupled with my imagination, I suppose, but of all the rooms on AC, this one draws me in the most.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2013, 02:49 pm by jimdgoulding »

mgalusha

« Reply #44 on: 14 Mar 2013, 07:48 pm »
Larks tongue (yep, I get it), your room looks and sounds great. I really like the Jazz Modules.

Jim, thanks for the kind words. The amps you can see were not on, the Acoustic Imagery ATSAH NC were actually driving the speakers at the time. The tube amps are 80W and will drive the Vapor speakers pretty easily. If I think about it, I'll try and record it again with the other amps. We'll see if my phone and YouTube can capture the differences. It won't be just the amps, the Mytek DAC arrived since this video and the preamp changed as well. 

mgalusha

« Reply #45 on: 14 Mar 2013, 09:21 pm »
I forgot, I did mess around a couple of weeks ago seeing if the tubes would show up in the dark.

http://youtu.be/y1gbA4m-3hs

tdangelo

« Reply #46 on: 15 Mar 2013, 10:47 pm »
my quick attempt to just give an idea - I did this on my old Canon Powershot 560 camera.  Sorry for the crappy quality  :oops:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50870358/MVI_3205.AVI

TrungT

« Reply #47 on: 16 Mar 2013, 12:10 am »
^^^^^
Nice setup, Love those Rosso Fiorentino Siena.  :thumb:
Thanks for sharing.

tdangelo

« Reply #48 on: 17 Mar 2013, 03:36 pm »
thanks TrungT. I do enjoy it ;)

PeteG

« Reply #49 on: 19 Mar 2013, 12:55 am »
I did a quick video of my small HT setup, mostly used for movies but I do listen to multichannel SACD on it. I might try and do a video of the 2-ch later. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmd3p532m2M

neekomax

« Reply #50 on: 19 Mar 2013, 01:12 am »
I did a quick video of my small HT setup, mostly used for movies but I do listen to multichannel SACD on it. I might try and do a video of the 2-ch later. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmd3p532m2M

Sounds great! Would love to hear that Headhunters album in 5.1. Getting an Oppo player at some point, definitely going to explore multichannel hifi. Thanks for the inspiration.

Saturn94

« Reply #51 on: 19 Mar 2013, 01:23 am »
Thanks, bro.  Such a deal they were for you and I'm glad they are good.  They are certainly impressive on paper.

I also can confirm they are impressive in person as well.  I participated in the SA M1 speaker tour "just for fun" and ended up buying a pair!  Glad I did before they were discontinued. :thumb:

mgalusha

« Reply #52 on: 19 Mar 2013, 02:12 am »

Very nice Pete, I don't remember the VMPS being there last time I was over, but that's been quite some time.

JackD201

« Reply #53 on: 19 Mar 2013, 05:49 am »
A friend took this while she was visiting. Sorry it's a short one. I've never gotten around to taking a video myself. Whenever I'm about to I just end up plopping down on my favorite chair. I should though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvljYgzsNU&feature=player_embedded

TrungT

« Reply #54 on: 19 Mar 2013, 09:04 am »
Jack.
Very nice setup.  :thumb:
Thanks for sharing. 

PeteG

« Reply #55 on: 19 Mar 2013, 10:41 am »
Jack, that's a awesome room.

Nick77

« Reply #56 on: 19 Mar 2013, 12:16 pm »
WOW!! That's something to strive for! Jack thanks for sharing, amazing room.......  :thumb:

JackD201

« Reply #57 on: 19 Mar 2013, 12:30 pm »
Thanks so much for the kind words guys. 20 years of dreaming! :)

neekomax

« Reply #58 on: 19 Mar 2013, 12:57 pm »
Classy joint, Jack. Would love to hear what super dynamic music sounds like in there. Is that a bar on the right?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #59 on: 19 Mar 2013, 01:38 pm »
Pete and Jack....Great looking rooms fellas.  :thumb: I'm loving this thread.