Lampizator GM70 amp

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Lampizator GM70 amp
« on: 22 Oct 2012, 07:30 am »
A GM70 graphite plate power amp with volume pot to be driven by a DAC/CD player:

http://lampizator.eu/NEWDAC/Lampizator/AMPLIFIERS.html

wisnon

Re: Lampizator GM70 amp
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2012, 11:52 am »
Yeah, look out for a review at monoandstereo.com in a month or so...

OzarkTom

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2012, 12:25 pm »
Those should be a winner, but the site says Euro 230V only. :(

Also, not available through the dealer network.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2012, 01:41 pm »
1500 volts on the plate    :o :o :o :o

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2012, 02:10 pm »
I am a Lamp. fan but don't have speakers to accommodate 30 watts   :cry:

wisnon

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2012, 05:16 pm »
Those should be a winner, but the site says Euro 230V only. :(

Also, not available through the dealer network.

He MAY do US version thru dealer network of enuff interest shown. The amps are 65kg each, so individ shipping is out, especially since they are delicate tibe amps. However, cargo shipping on pallettes with say multipl units may be a possibility.
He is very proud of the end result...he says is the last amp a SET lover needs!
This is what he told me when I asked.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2012, 09:13 pm »
1500 volts on the plate    :o :o :o :o
The amp B+ is 900V DC for the plate.
1500V is the max for the GM70 tube and the absolute max is 1650V.

A brief GM70 datasheet:
http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/018/g/GM70.pdf
What I like at the GM70 tube is the massive construction, the glass is thick, the plate is huge(7cm tall), the cathode wire is about 40cm long... a great military Triode for 17 euros...  :thumb:

I surprised it is 230V only, as rewind the power trafo to 220V or 120V is easy and use less copper wire.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2012, 01:27 am by FULLRANGEMAN »

wisnon

« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2012, 09:57 pm »
Voltage offering is not a technical issue, rather its a marketing/Logistical decision to be made.

Again, each bloc weighs 65kgs.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2012, 10:09 pm »
I read each mono amp net weight 30kg, and 75kg both monos ready to ship.
I believe it are 3 boxes, two amps and one box for the tubes;

The GM70 tube start working with minimum 800V DC. So 850V also is a point used to delivery 20 to 25W output.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2012, 01:25 am by FULLRANGEMAN »

wisnon

« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2012, 11:47 pm »
I read each mono amp net weight 30kg, and 75kg both monos ready to ship.
I believe it are 3 boxes, two amps and one box for the tubes;

The GM70 tube start working with minimum 800V DC. So 850V also is a point used to delivery 20 to 25W output.

I will confirm the weight. By voltage I meant 120v input vs 230v.

Edit: Its 65 POUNDS each not KG, so you are correct. My bad.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 28 Oct 2012, 12:11 am »
Impressive.

For you guys with a lot of tube experience, how does something like this compare to a simple (but similar high quality) push pull amp using el34, kt88 etc.. tubes? Is it worth the huge and VERY expensive OPTs an amp like this requires, not to mention 1kV HV power supply...

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 28 Oct 2012, 01:24 am »
Impressive.

For you guys with a lot of tube experience, how does something like this compare to a simple (but similar high quality) push pull amp using el34, kt88 etc.. tubes? Is it worth the huge and VERY expensive OPTs an amp like this requires, not to mention 1kV HV power supply...
I had small experience in tubes, but if you allow I will try some words.
This amp is for big Triodes lovers, as 845, 211 and 805.
The GM70 is a 845 substitute if you change the socket and double the heating tension, but the GM70 had a 125W plate as the 805.

If one love 45, 2A3, 300B or even EL34 sweeter sound, may be hard to adapt the ear to this new reference, as powerful tubes Triodes or Pentodes are no supremely detailed.

The good news are GM70 are plenty avaliable in Russia and offer military quality at low prices, the Bias is very stable like a rock, and it is easy to proceed visual inspection.

To get beautiful sound from the GM70 it is need to drive it with a very detailed tube, like 300B, 2A3(warm sound) or a detailed small tube as this Lampizator amp.
I cant resist this tube.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2012, 03:53 am by FULLRANGEMAN »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2012, 12:24 am »
There is some new photos at bottom of the page:
Parts seems good quality.

malpa

« Reply #13 on: 1 Jan 2013, 03:12 pm »
hi,
..I'm a happy owner of lampizator gm70 :-), the amps are great!, they are very well made and they look fantastic and the gm70 tube is really bright and it gives you that fireplace feeling when you look at it. The monos are very powerful and very relaxed at the same time.
...they give you that laid back sound with huge soundstage, the vocals are so sweet and they seem to materialize in front of you, there is no brightness or harshness in the sound and the soundstage is really massive! The bass is tight, powerful and very well controlled, my speakers are very bassy (art emotion classic 12 signature) so i prefer the amps with copper gm70 tubes, the copper gm70 supposed to have weaker bass (when compared to the graphite gm70.) ...but i really can't complain about it., i love it with the copper ones but i guess that is dependent on your system.
i used to drive my speakers with Linn klimax chakra twin amplifier (2x100w) so in comparison i would say they both control bass in very similar way.
...perhaps the bass was slightly faster with Linn amp but not by much and that is all i noticed.
The mids and highs are much better with Lampizator amps , ... warmer, more natural presentation and more relaxed, i believed that Linn klimax chakra twin is a very relaxed amplifier and please dont get me wrong its a very relaxed amp but i guess i just didn't know what relaxed or subtle sound means before i met Lampizator gm70,... so find it more enjoyable to listen to the music for much longer, the sound is just more involving and the soundstage gets bigger too.
...the source I'm using is Lampizator dac 4/gen.4 with volume control,  the source and amps seem to work together in perfect harmony and the amps get on with my speakers very well too, so  that makes me to be a very Happy with my Lampizator system, ...highly recommended, and big thanx to Mr. Lukasz Fikus and all the Lampizator team.
best :-)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #14 on: 1 Jan 2013, 04:28 pm »
A GM70 graphite plate power amp with volume pot to be driven by a DAC/CD player:

Love that GM70 tube. However like everything else one must hear it to decide. Input impedance is on the low side. One is required to use CDP direct no preamp ?

charles

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 1 Jan 2013, 05:42 pm »
MALPA:
Congratularions for you amp.:drool:
If I lived in your country I would flying today to visit you.:angel:

Do you have some pictures(huge) of this beauty?
About the GM70 socket, it is ceramic or Teflon??
What is the brand??
Thanks

malpa

« Reply #16 on: 1 Jan 2013, 05:59 pm »
hi,
..,.thanx,...the socked looks ceramic to me :-),...i dond know the brand, sorry,...is it important ?
...,i have some photos and i guess i have to update my gallery.

the amps can be used with any pre amp, i use it with my dac directly plugged in to the monos but my dac has a volume control and its a pre amp at the same time....pre/dac kind of thing.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 1 Jan 2013, 06:04 pm »

Love that GM70 tube. However like everything else one must hear it to decide. Input impedance is on the low side. One is required to use CDP direct no preamp ?

charles
I see on the Lampizator site the amp had a input pot.
Of course using no preamp in a custumer option, a personal taste, it is not mandatory;
the amp is hand made, so can be ordered with or without volume control.
Once I see a guy using no preamp, CDP with no pot, the amp had no volume control at all, the output was fixed, but the speaker was low sensitivity.
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2013, 09:10 pm by FULLRANGEMAN »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 1 Jan 2013, 06:11 pm »
hi,
..,.thanx,...the socked looks ceramic to me :-),...i dond know the brand, sorry,...is it important ?
...,i have some photos and i guess i have to update my gallery.

the amps can be used with any pre amp, i use it with my dac directly plugged in to the monos but my dac has a volume control and its a pre amp at the same time....pre/dac kind of thing.
Hi,
Thanks for informing.
GM70 sockets are a rare bird, there are only 2 options, cheap/low quality chinese or expensive Teflon.
There is no Russian socket to GM70 to my know, so I  would like to know the brand to buy some for me.

Your DAC output is how many volts and impedance??

OBS.: You can upload the images to this Forum or just inform the host site address where the images keep.
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2013, 09:10 pm by FULLRANGEMAN »

malpa

« Reply #19 on: 1 Jan 2013, 06:58 pm »
...sorry, not sure about the dac's output impedance, ....47K - 100K ...somewhere there, :-)

...Lampizator gm70 amplifiers and Lampizator dac l4/gen4

« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2013, 08:00 am by malpa »