Lampizator GM70 amp

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Lampizator GM70 amp
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jan 2013, 07:05 pm »
Wow, beautiful photos, you most kind.
Thank you

malpa

« Reply #21 on: 1 Jan 2013, 07:31 pm »
...thanx :-)

wisnon

« Reply #22 on: 1 Jan 2013, 08:52 pm »
...thanx :-)

Malpa, it all looks great! I see you have a Blue lights on the switch. I used to have the distinction of being the ONLY one with blue lights for a while. I then upgraded and now have a red light on my Dac.

I take it you are in Europe, no? I am in Switz.

BTW, unless it a custom job and Lukasz did something different, the Dac has an output impedance of between 600ohms and 1K ohm. The amp input impedance is 47k ohm or higher.

malpa

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jan 2013, 09:25 pm »
...yes i like it blue,  and thanx for letting me know the dac's output impedance i wasn't sure., oryginaly my dac had two outputs, one with the real impedance :-) and the other with smaller impedance becouse i was using it in my Linn system at the time. but since i have got rid of Linn stuff Lukasz removed the lower impedance output and changed it to analog input so i can use my dac as pre-amplifier too.
so now i have the only one output of 600 - 1k :-)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #24 on: 1 Jan 2013, 09:27 pm »
Malpa, it all looks great! I see you have a Blue lights on the switch. I used to have the distinction of being the ONLY one with blue lights for a while. I then upgraded and now have a red light on my Dac.

I take it you are in Europe, no? I am in Switz.

BTW, unless it a custom job and Lukasz did something different, the Dac has an output impedance of between 600ohms and 1K ohm. The amp input impedance is 47k ohm or higher.
Wow, few preamps go this low impedance.
The DAC output is the usual 2Volts or otherwise??

wisnon

« Reply #25 on: 1 Jan 2013, 09:49 pm »
Wow, few preamps go this low impedance.
The DAC output is the usual 2Volts or otherwise??

Belay that order Scotty.

I see that Malpa has a Volume control and that changes everything. I was quoting figures for a Dac only.

See some volume control specs here:

TAIV VC-02 Technical Specifications:
Number of Inputs4 Standard, up to 5 (option)
Effective Volume attenuation range0 to -63dB
Mute attenuation-130dB or better
Input Impedance, Ohm 25k
DisplayLCD with backlight, 2x16 characters, fast recovery
IR remote compatibility: NEC, Sony, RC5 and RC6 protocols currently supported
Additional digital outputs for external control: 3X TTL level (4,9 VDC) un-buffered/buffered ports, IR remote controlled.
Buffered ports – not to exceed 500mA total for 3 ports.

AC power consumption, Max. 6W
AC Load, Max.30A, 250VAC (power on/off controller for external devices)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 2 Jan 2013, 06:37 pm »
Correct. I dont realize on seen the fotos the amp had a vol pot.
Well noted.

Lampizator

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: 2 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm »
Hi Guys, I will be glad to answer your questions, should you have any.
Some brief update: the amps are now 115 V compatible (they always were but I wanted to run the first batch within the shooting range of the land delivery should any problems with faults arise). I wasn't ready to pay shipping back from US.
Dealers have now access to this product line on the same basis as with the DAC line.
The pots are switched stepped resistor ladders a'la DACT even for the basic model.
The impedance is 50 K or 100K per request.
The voltage is limited to 900 V to keep PSU with two 500V caps in series not three, as there is no room for enough capacitance at 1500 V ratings. And the voltmeters and scopes we have are limited to 1000 V only. And there is REALLY no need to go this high.
We are finishing the second batch of ten right now and ordering metal for third batch of 10. The layout will be optimized (physical layout of tubes and transformers ) and the operating points and parts selection  is stabilized now. The amp is so to speak - mature. One amp packed weights 29,5 Kg - just 500 g shy of the shipment limits for couriers. So we are able to ship them without using heavy cargo service. The shipment to UK went smoothly thanks to massive packing that we designed together with the local box manufacturer. Interestingly - all tubes we use now have no equivalent, so there is NO tube rolling possible other than the GM70 itself. The customer response is 50/50 for copper or graphite. Concerning the signal caps - I chose the Jensen Tin in Oil as the most versatile cap with good ratings and excellent sound. Best timbre of all caps I tried there. The buttons can be white, orange, red, green or blue. The top plate ONLY silver and the front - black or silver. The body is now Canadian Walnut only. No choice.
Starting from January 02 we offer the Soviet 5C8S as the main rectifier for GM70 and 6X5 for small tubes. The amps have standby mode for pre-heating.
As the last cool change - we now use signal output transformer cores as power transformers - to deliver more "musical" electricity. The signal transformer and power transformer are THE SAME product except the wire. This really looks good and sounds nice too.

malpa

« Reply #28 on: 3 Jan 2013, 03:00 pm »
...thats right, the amps have a volume pot. but im not really using it, it stays fixed, im to lazy to play with it.
...the only volume buttons that i use are on the little black remore control which comes with the dac.,...if you ordered it with a volume control
   obviously.

best.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 3 Jan 2013, 07:48 pm »
MALPA:
How is the power on procedure in this amp:
- It had one power switch for heating the tubes and other switch of the hi voltage??

- Or there is only one power switch?? = in this case how much time is the delay??
Thanks

malpa

« Reply #30 on: 3 Jan 2013, 08:29 pm »
...there is a main (on/off) power switch at the back of the amp right next to the AC power socket.
...and the O button in LampizatOr logo  switches between tube pre-heating and power amp operation.

best.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 3 Jan 2013, 08:53 pm »
...there is a main (on/off) power switch at the back of the amp right next to the AC power socket.
...and the O button in LampizatOr logo  switches between tube pre-heating and power amp operation.

best.
OK, thanks for inform.
I feel the back switch start heating the tubes and you start manually the HV B+ at the front panel switch.
At least it seems so, it looks good. You most kind, Thanks.

malpa

« Reply #32 on: 3 Jan 2013, 09:18 pm »
...kind of :-),
it depends on the position of O button when powered on at the back.
1...if O is pressed in and you switch on the amp at the back than the whole amp goes on ,...tubes and HV and its ready to use.
2...if O is pressed out and than you power on the amp at the back = pre-heating only.
...and when the amp is on ( back switch) you can switch between modes using O ..anytime.

...according to Lukasz suggestion it's better to follow the 1st scenario when powering the amp on, ....its supposed to extend the life of vacuum tubes...., as far as i understood it properly? :-), ....but please confirm it with Lukasz if necessary,...just in case.

best.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: 3 Jan 2013, 09:45 pm »
Yes it is as Lucasz said. Any tube that receive the HV with the cold cathode or even few minutes of heating will had a short useful life.

I unknow the GM70 times, but the 6C33 times in military use are:
Minimum warm-up time to 90% emission 120 seconds.
Steady state minimum time 600 seconds.
Of couse in Hi-Fi use the 6C33 cathode must be heating at least 20 minutes and more 20 minutes of B+ for a long life, IMO.

wisnon

« Reply #34 on: 7 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm »
Based on the feedback I got, this amp is VERY powerful and will amaze tubophiles just for that!

malpa

« Reply #35 on: 11 Jan 2013, 07:28 am »
Lampizator:
i have sent you a PM,
best,p.

Guy 13

« Reply #36 on: 11 Jan 2013, 09:35 am »
Hi malpa and fullrangeman and all Audio Circle members.
I seen a few times a rectifier tube (5AR4...) mounted on some kind of extension socket,
any of you know why it is done that way ?
Guy 13

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: 11 Jan 2013, 05:59 pm »
Hi Guy,
Seems to me the factory do it to adapt the tube to a different(modern, more in use currently, more sellable) socket or pins set, but may be others reasons, as rise the tube afew cm more due this kind of tube(rectifiers) becomes very hot.

neilwill

« Reply #38 on: 11 Jan 2013, 07:07 pm »
Any idea of the US price?  Also, does it have to be driven by lampizator DAC?  Can it be driven by just a CD player without a preamp?  Thanks.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #39 on: 11 Jan 2013, 07:23 pm »
Any idea of the US price?  Also, does it have to be driven by lampizator DAC?  Can it be driven by just a CD player without a preamp?  Thanks.
By what the site inform:
- Any custumer interested had to order a amp with Mr.Lucazs and import it via airmail/Fedex, which is good as you is free of the middle man profit margin.
- Before do it, lookout the custom house fees in your country.
- The amp is avaliable in 230V only for now.
I think the amp run nice with any CD/DVD brand as it had a volume control on the input, but I will let this answer to MALPA, as he owns this amp.
Good Luck