Lampizator GM70 amp

malpa

Re: Lampizator GM70 amp
« Reply #40 on: 12 Jan 2013, 12:24 am »
hi,
...look at reply#27, as Lampizator says the amps are already available for 110V countries,  there a volume pots. on the amps (one on each amp). so you can drive it with any cd player or dac with no pre-amp but to make a volume controlling easy you can order it with a remote controlled volume.
best.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #41 on: 12 Jan 2013, 12:27 am »
Wow, thanks for mention it, I completly missing the Lampizator post. Thanks

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #42 on: 14 Jan 2013, 11:20 pm »
Hi Lampizator,
As you offer to answer question I would ask why you choose the 6N1P + 6N6Ps tube and not the expensive 300B as driver?
Thanks

morganc

« Reply #43 on: 14 Jan 2013, 11:33 pm »
It looks to me like the 6N1P is the INput tube.  It is very inexpensive, sounds great, and is easily available.  I think that is why he chose it. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #44 on: 14 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm »
Both tubes are inexpensive 9 pins, and are much used in eastern Europe countries.
I wonder how is the sound of these Russian tubes, maybe similar to 12AX7??
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2013, 02:16 am by FULLRANGEMAN »

wisnon

« Reply #45 on: 15 Jan 2013, 06:12 am »
Hi Lampizator,
As you offer to answer question I would ask why you choose the 6N1P + 6N6Ps tube and not the expensive 300B as driver?
Thanks

Isnt the 300B microphonic?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #46 on: 15 Jan 2013, 06:19 am »
Isnt the 300B microphonic?
I was told it is.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #47 on: 17 Jan 2013, 09:34 pm »
Hi Lampizator,
Thanks
I reveive this complete answer from Lampizator about this question:
I did not see any reason to use 300B for a number of reasons: first - against 300B: I find it annoyingly microphonic, and it requires ANOTHER power supply which - if it should be kept up to my standard, requires doubling of the main PSU with caps, chokes and transformer output. It also requires normally the interstage transformer. And it still requires the input small tube to give voltage gain amplification. Plus the 300B come in so many styles and types that everyone would be going crazy rolling 300B's and wasting time and money. I would never know what my amps sound in the end and they would all sound different.
the 300B is capable of 50-60 mA of current while the doubled 6N6P can do 40 mA - not much less. And it is not microphonic, requires much less in terms of heaters, less trouble and ALWAYS a consistently clean, analog, liquid sound.
I also have hundreds of them in my stock and I test the best pairs made in the 1970's.
Whats most important that the design gives me exactly the sound I wanted, I can not imagine how it could be any better. It is so spacious and dynamic and wonderful.  I need no interstage trafo and the PSU is shared with 6N1P except the last CRC filter. The tube is happy with 400 V on anode working in cathode follower fashion. I simply have absolutely no itch to change anything. 300B in my opinion should be left where it belongs - in SET power applications. Maybe one day I will change my mind. However I reworked many 845 Ming Da amps with 300B driver and I found it just to be a nuisance because of their humming AC rectifiers in DHT mode. I hope it clears that matter.
Cheers from SNOWY Poland.

I Thanks to Lampizator for taking time to this answer.
Regards

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 28 Jan 2013, 01:16 am »
Looks there is a review on the way of this amp: (cant wait...)  :hyper:
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/01/lampizator-gm-70-monoblock-amplifiers.html

Shogun

« Reply #49 on: 28 Jan 2013, 04:59 am »
http://www.sacthailand.com/ have some nice GM70 mono too.

2A3 driver, Insterstage, GM70 output

PSE GM70, 70watts

wisnon

« Reply #50 on: 28 Jan 2013, 06:09 am »
Looks there is a review on the way of this amp: (cant wait...)  :hyper:
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/01/lampizator-gm-70-monoblock-amplifiers.html

Wait till Isak realizes that those amps dont need a preamp. From what I hear, Isak will be floored.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #51 on: 28 Jan 2013, 11:53 am »
http://www.sacthailand.com/ have some nice GM70 mono too.
2A3 driver, Insterstage, GM70 output
I read a small review of this SAC 2A3+GM70 the sound is too old-fashioned tubes, i.e. hot, musical and small detailed, what looks compatible to a 2A3 tube.
SAC OPTs are great tought;

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #52 on: 28 Jan 2013, 11:55 am »
Wait till Isak realizes that those amps dont need a preamp. From what I hear, Isak will be floored.
I think he will test the amp with those preamp, to keep a know reference to the ear.
I dont get like preamps.

malpa

« Reply #53 on: 20 Apr 2013, 07:38 am »
Hi,
....another happy owner of Lampizator gm70 amplifiers posted a great review, ...he must be as exited as im with my amps :-)

http://stgeorgewest.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/make-mozart-not-war-sgw-exclusive-world.html

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #54 on: 20 Apr 2013, 11:07 pm »
Hi,
....another happy owner of Lampizator gm70 amplifiers posted a great review, ...he must be as exited as im with my amps :-)

http://stgeorgewest.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/make-mozart-not-war-sgw-exclusive-world.html
Thanks for posting. Looks a very positive review.
Seems Mono/Stereo review will be delayed more some months.
Iam avid to see a full underside photo of this amp to peruse the wire solder job.
On the Lampizator site there is only partial photos like that below with various bonded parts what looks unsual, when need for replace a component and the alu table run hot.
Malpa: Your amp has glued components like these photos??
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2013, 01:46 am by FULLRANGEMAN »

malpa

« Reply #55 on: 22 Apr 2013, 12:25 am »
hi,
...yes, all caps are glued in my amplifiers to the alu table,...as you called it.
i had the same question to Lukasz when i was buying my amps and he said that they use a very good and strong silcone type of glue that easily take hi temp. up to 90 degrees and the amp temp is around 50, ..i can put my hand on the amplifier alu top plate after a few hours of use and i would say its very hot but definitely not much more than 50 degrees, otherwise i dont think i would be able to touch it at all.
...,and if any of the glued caps go wrong than i guess there must ba a way of removing/replacing it, ...actually i have never worried about that part., i think the same glue has been always used in most lampizator products and it seems to do the job.
...and obviously i have looked under the bonnet of my gm70 and i can say that eveything seems to be done very neatly.
best.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2013, 02:02 pm by malpa »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #56 on: 22 Apr 2013, 12:43 am »
Thanks for inform I appreciated.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #57 on: 20 Jul 2013, 12:22 am »
Just found this test preview at the Mono & Stereo site:
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/07/lampizator-gm-70-amplifier-video.html#more
And no underside photos.

malpa

« Reply #58 on: 22 Jul 2013, 12:32 pm »
...,cant wait to read it :-),
..., i love the sound of my Lampizator gm70...they are f....ing powerful and subtle at the same time....and the sound is absolutely fantastic !!!,
best.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #59 on: 22 Jul 2013, 08:41 pm »
...,cant wait to read it :-),
..., i love the sound of my Lampizator gm70...they are f....ing powerful and subtle at the same time....and the sound is absolutely fantastic !!!,
best.
Any chance you post a video on YouTube??