Lampizator GM70 amp

wisnon

Re: Lampizator GM70 amp
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jul 2013, 01:30 am »
Matej is working on it as we speak.

It should be a doozy from the buzz I am hearing....

Plans are afoot to make a US version as well, I am told.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jul 2013, 07:50 pm »
Matej is working on it as we speak.

It should be a doozy from the buzz I am hearing....

Plans are afoot to make a US version as well, I am told.
Wow, good news. Thanks boys for your effort.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #62 on: 16 Sep 2013, 10:41 pm »

malpa

« Reply #63 on: 17 Nov 2014, 10:40 pm »
hi,
its been a long time since the last post here,...but some of you kept  asking me  about my Lampizator gm70 amplifiers ,..if im still happy with it and what i think after some time of living with them...if i still like it or not?.
i've enjoyed them for some time already and i think i'm ready to answer some questions,....so, first of all, my amps had been upgraded with some signal input and output capacitors,...i did the upgrade myself after some e-mail exchange with Lukasz,...and obviously i didn't want to mess around with the warranty policy...so i felt like asking first before i did it,..and to my surprise Lukasz seemed to be quite open to my idea....i don't think he was building any of his components with Duelund caps at that time so i was quite happy to get his positive reply and some instruction of what to change and replace..( quite open minded guy :-).
....i have no clue if he would do it again,...his company has quite evolved since then...(mind that my GM70 are almost the prototype amps...so quite real or raw,..in other words ..the real stuff :-),...and thanx Lukasz for that.
...i love it so much ...and love the sound...., its obviously pointless to describe the sound in words but i've  had some other amps in my system since i bought GM70 and i had some friends with them amps coming by and nothing has  matched the gm70 business.
and i love the look of them too!!!,..and i can answer some questions to some guys who worried about some capacitors being glued to the underside plate .....so, i can confirm the caps are still there and working properly :-).
...i was lately messing around with my new phone and took some photos of the system,...please have a look.
best
...and thanx to the creator of my GM 70...again,...i love it ,

mg]

« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2014, 07:48 pm by malpa »

jackmonster

« Reply #64 on: 18 Nov 2014, 12:44 am »
Nice set-up  and nice review.  I'm contemplating the GM70's also.  By the way,what speakers are those?

Gopher

« Reply #65 on: 18 Nov 2014, 01:22 am »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the GM70 amps.  They are indeed very special--I use a pair at home with Jupiter Copper Wax capacitors which is outstanding.

You are not alone in finding the GM-70s special.  At the recent New York Audio Show where $ix figure gear was plentiful, the esteemed Peter Breuninger, Founder of AVSshow rooms called them the one component he wishes he could take home:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCNIbFKcZE    (the impatient folks can skip to the 12 minute mark)   :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #66 on: 18 Nov 2014, 01:34 am »
What is the price of the GM70's?

Gopher

« Reply #67 on: 18 Nov 2014, 02:53 am »
They start at $9650 with modest price increases for gucci parts requests.

Not inexpensive, but like our DACs they make no apologies as they invite comparisons to far more expensive equipment.

malpa

« Reply #68 on: 18 Nov 2014, 09:01 am »
Nice set-up  and nice review.  I'm contemplating the GM70's also.  By the way,what speakers are those?

hi,
the speakers are ART emotion classic 12 signature,....and there is a little review if you are interested to know more about them.
http://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-222&lang=en

and my digital source is Bryston BDP-1 ....but its hidden in one of the drawers.
best.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #69 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:45 pm »
Malpa, I unknow your GM70 amp was the copper plate version.
Any photo from under side??
Regards

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #70 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:52 pm »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the GM70 amps.  They are indeed very special--I use a pair at home with Jupiter Copper Wax capacitors which is outstanding.

You are not alone in finding the GM-70s special.  At the recent New York Audio Show where $ix figure gear was plentiful, the esteemed Peter Breuninger, Founder of AVSshow rooms called them the one component he wishes he could take home:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCNIbFKcZE    (the impatient folks can skip to the 12 minute mark)   :thumb:
Seems the rectifier is no more the 1700W 5C8S.

malpa

« Reply #71 on: 19 Nov 2014, 11:13 pm »
Seems the rectifier is no more the 1700W 5C8S.

..., i dont have any photos of under plate, but there are some photos on the Lampizator website,...it looks very much the same ...the only difference are the wires and cables all over the place,.....i hope that helps.
best

Geardaddy

« Reply #72 on: 20 Nov 2014, 03:20 am »
Nicely done Lucasz.... 8)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #73 on: 20 Nov 2014, 10:45 am »
Just remember this amp have manual Bias to adjust copper and graphite plate values. :thumb:

wisnon

« Reply #74 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:25 am »
Pictures from Warsaw show:

« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2014, 01:06 pm by wisnon »

wisnon

« Reply #75 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:28 am »
In the newest version, the torroidal transformer is taken to the surface and enclosed in that shiny circular housing, freeing up space below for more components and easier servicing.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2014, 01:06 pm by wisnon »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #76 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:34 am »
Wow, nice photos.
Do you are referring to the power or output transformer??

malpa

« Reply #77 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:48 am »
Wow, nice photos.
Do you are referring to the power or output transformer??

.....i think he is referring  to the big shiny  toroidal transformer. ..that supplies all the tube  heater voltage..i think,...in my version that transformer is put right under the ht and output ones.
....still leaves enough space for the other components i think....but having  it on the top would look great.
...love the look of it by the way.
best.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #78 on: 20 Nov 2014, 12:37 pm »
The tube heaters and the HV supplies arent supply by the same power transfpormer??
Or you are referring to choke?

wisnon

« Reply #79 on: 20 Nov 2014, 01:05 pm »

.....i think he is referring  to the big shiny  toroidal transformer. ..that supplies all the tube  heater voltage..i think,...in my version that transformer is put right under the ht and output ones.
....still leaves enough space for the other components i think....but having  it on the top would look great.
...love the look of it by the way.
best.

Yes.