Getting to be time for some Football?

cab

Re: Getting to be time for some Football?
« Reply #60 on: 14 Sep 2012, 11:06 pm »
They better play better than they did last week or they have no chance.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #61 on: 15 Sep 2012, 12:43 am »
That's why they have to play the game.  I think the Lions defense will give some trouble to SF. 
Last year, the Lions almost won, and it was tight. 
So, we shall see.
Heck, I'd love to see Detroit win.  At the very least a great showing.  Just cause I have respect for the 49'ers, don't mean I like em.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #62 on: 15 Sep 2012, 02:52 am »
Detroit's screwed, plain and simple. :thumb:

jackman

« Reply #63 on: 15 Sep 2012, 01:29 pm »
Guys, it's too early to be sure about most teams.  It looks like this will be a good year for New England , San Fran, Dallas, Baltimore, Washington and maybe Denver, but Injuries have a way of evening things out in the nfl.  Those teams do look pretty good but I wouldn't count out the Packers, Giants and maybe the Bears ( don't laugh too hard). 

I was at the Giants game last year when they lost to the Skins, with a backup QB, at home!  At the time , I would have bet the house the Giants weren't going anywhere in the playoffs. They got hot and won the superbowl as a wild card!  This is what makes football fun...unpredictability.

It pains me to say this, but I think this is New England's and San Fran's year.  Denver also looks very strong, solid defense and King Manning running the offense but I don't know if Payton can hold up all year.  Caleb Haney is his backup so the Broncos better hope Payton holds up.

Freo-1

« Reply #64 on: 15 Sep 2012, 02:55 pm »
Detroit's screwed, plain and simple. :thumb:
Right. So were the Redskins against the Saints last week?  (How did that turn out?)
Thaat is why they must play the game.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #65 on: 15 Sep 2012, 04:23 pm »
Right. So were the Redskins against the Saints last week?  (How did that turn out?)
Thaat is why they must play the game.

Actually, I had the Redskins picked for that game, so it went well for my picks.  :D

jimdgoulding

« Reply #66 on: 15 Sep 2012, 05:04 pm »
Guys, it's too early to be sure about most teams.  It looks like this will be a good year for New England , San Fran, Dallas, Baltimore, Washington and maybe Denver, but Injuries have a way of evening things out in the nfl.  Those teams do look pretty good but I wouldn't count out the Packers, Giants and maybe the Bears ( don't laugh too hard). 

I was at the Giants game last year when they lost to the Skins, with a backup QB, at home!  At the time , I would have bet the house the Giants weren't going anywhere in the playoffs. They got hot and won the superbowl as a wild card!  This is what makes football fun...unpredictability.

It pains me to say this, but I think this is New England's and San Fran's year.  Denver also looks very strong, solid defense and King Manning running the offense but I don't know if Payton can hold up all year.  Caleb Haney is his backup so the Broncos better hope Payton holds up.
Good picks.  I'd like Dallas and Houston, wouldn't ya know.  It IS looking like a very interesting season.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #67 on: 16 Sep 2012, 05:24 am »
Question for Browns fans (if there are any left). How many more Weeden interceptions until he's replaced by McCoy?  My magic number is 6- probably 4th quarter against Buffalo.  Any other guesses?

chip

« Reply #68 on: 16 Sep 2012, 03:07 pm »

And the same thing happened the year before with the Packers......

jackman

« Reply #69 on: 16 Sep 2012, 08:48 pm »
Wow!  This is shaping up to be an interesting week. So much for the "experts".  New England lost to the Cardinals?  The mighty Ravens were beaten by the Eagles?  The Colts beat the Viqueens.  The Giants came painfully close to losing to Bucks?  Now Dallas is down 10 zip to the lowly Seahawks? 

What's next, the Jets beating the Steelers?  They are up 7-3 as I write this but I'm not counting my chickens.

Vick had a great game despite the two picks. He's not the biggest QB but he's a tough dude. The Ravens were hitting him on every play, often after the whistle. They get away with murder...and I'm not just talking about Ray Lewis who literally got away with murder.

Cheers

J

rodge827

« Reply #70 on: 16 Sep 2012, 09:09 pm »
The mighty Ravens were beaten by the Eagles?

Vick had a great game despite the two picks. He's not the biggest QB but he's a tough dude. The Ravens were hitting him on every play, often after the whistle. They get away with murder...and I'm not just talking about Ray Lewis who literally got away with murder.

Yes the Ravens were beaten by the Mighty Iggles!  :weights:

OK now that I got my big chest thump out of the way...I too noticed many blatant late hits and bad/blown calls by the replacement refs on both sides of the ball. My guess is that the players are taking advantage of their inexperience, and will play aggressive until... 

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #71 on: 16 Sep 2012, 09:19 pm »

Cheers

J

Yep Vick took a beating,,, I've never seen a quarterback go down all pretzel up and then get up. They must have tuffened him up in prison.  :lol: But I gotta wonder just how many weeks of this type of pounding Vick can actually endure (how long was he getting conditioned in prison?)  :green:

Cheers,
Robin

rodge827

« Reply #72 on: 16 Sep 2012, 09:33 pm »
Ah come on Robin...Vick has been out of the bighouse long enough to get into game shape.

Just one word to all you Boiz fans...DECEMBER!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jackman

« Reply #73 on: 16 Sep 2012, 09:39 pm »
No quarterback would could hold up all season taking the kind of beating Vick has taken , so far.  Both teams were hitting late but I'd say Baltimore took better advantage of the replacement refs. Those guys are dirty players and I was hoping the Eagles would have hit Flacco a couple times late to even things up but they were too focused on winning.  Congrats to the iggles. Good game.

Also , I almost forgot. What's up with those Saints?  0 - 2???  They look bad so far and I couldn't be happier. Bunch of cheaters getting what they deserve.   I just hope someone steps on Drew's throat the way the bounty gate Saints stepped on Cutler's last year.  Poetic justice.  I hope they lose every game.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #74 on: 16 Sep 2012, 09:49 pm »
Ah come on Robin...Vick has been out of the bighouse long enough to get into game shape.

Just one word to all you Boiz fans...DECEMBER!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I HATE that month!  :lol:

jackman

« Reply #75 on: 16 Sep 2012, 09:50 pm »
It's the month the Cowboys go on vacation!

rodge827

« Reply #76 on: 16 Sep 2012, 10:02 pm »
Ohhh, so that's why Romo's a +2 handicap...guess that extra month playing golf has paid off... :thumb:

So onto the Jet/Steeler game...the Jets have a tough time winning in PA...to close to call  at this point

jackman

« Reply #77 on: 17 Sep 2012, 12:31 am »
No Predictions but I'm rooting for the Lions tonight. I officially hate the Niners.

I hate the Lions as well but not as much. Go Lions!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #78 on: 18 Sep 2012, 12:44 am »
Boy, I bet Jerry Jones was beside himself on that one.  Nice to see Seattle comin around.  The 49's looked terrific.  Houston not too shaby, also.

twitch54

« Reply #79 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:08 am »
I HATE that month!  :lol:

no worse than 'Iggle' fans hate Jan !!