Getting to be time for some Football?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Getting to be time for some Football?
« Reply #40 on: 10 Sep 2012, 09:53 pm »
...  People forget that Washington was a playoff team last year and I believe they almost won with Sexy Rexy at the helm in the playoffs. 

:smoke: Washington in the playoffs last year???? You been smokin' those funny cigarettes again??
Regardless, your point is still valid.  The Redskins had a good defense but no consistant offense to go with it.  They will be dangerous this year.

Scott

jackman

« Reply #41 on: 10 Sep 2012, 10:05 pm »
:smoke: Washington in the playoffs last year???? You been smokin' those funny cigarettes again??
Regardless, your point is still valid.  The Redskins had a good defense but no consistant offense to go with it.  They will be dangerous this year.

Scott

You are right about the Skins and about those funny cigarettes!  I mis-remembered a couple things from last season!  They were a better team than their record indicated and came out of the gate strong.  They made up for it later in the season when they lost a lot of games.  Sexy Rexy did look good against the G-Men!  I don't get too excited when underdog teams win early because they usually come back to Earth.  Washington looks pretty good so far.

Actually, several teams looked pretty good this first week.  The Cowboys, Niners, Broncos, Pats, Jets, and Bears (against questionable competition) all looked good.  Looking forward to tonight's games!

Cheers,

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #42 on: 10 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm »
How about those Eagles!!!! OMG! Is it coaching? Or are these just a bunch of guys that are just happy getting paid. I'd like to see less jumping around like being kids in a candy store until they thump about 11 teams. These guys are not serious about winning in my opinion.

rodge827

« Reply #43 on: 11 Sep 2012, 02:41 pm »
How about those Eagles!!!! OMG! Is it coaching? Or are these just a bunch of guys that are just happy getting paid. I'd like to see less jumping around like being kids in a candy store until they thump about 11 teams. These guys are not serious about winning in my opinion.

Yeah, I know what you mean Ed,
Our boys hardly squeaked by the Browns, the Browns?, and celebrated like they were in the Playoffs. Seriously? :roll:
The defence looked very good, McCoy had a good game, and the offence ran up some serious yardage, BUT...
Vick better get his act together...4 INT's  :duh:,  against a tough Ravens team next week ain't gonna cut it  :nono: !

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #44 on: 11 Sep 2012, 02:45 pm »
You guys are lucky that the Browns started their highest paid quarterback instead of their best quarterback.
Colt wouldn't have given you 4 interceptions to balance out Vick's terrible play.  Regardless, the Eagles have talent but are lacking in concentration.  It will be interesting to see if they go 10-6 or 6-10 this year.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #45 on: 11 Sep 2012, 03:31 pm »
You guys are lucky that the Browns started their highest paid quarterback instead of their best quarterback.
Colt wouldn't have given you 4 interceptions to balance out Vick's terrible play.  Regardless, the Eagles have talent but are lacking in concentration.  It will be interesting to see if they go 10-6 or 6-10 this year.
'
That one qualifies as the most embarrassing game of the day.  Didn't see it.  Just the 8 INT's I would think qualify it.  I bet their fans are slightly miffed.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #46 on: 12 Sep 2012, 12:29 am »
BIG rivalry game this coming Thursday night on NFL Network: Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers.  :duel:

Me, I have no favorites here so I'm hoping they beat each other up good,,, real good. May the last team standing win a close hard fought entertaining game to watch.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

twitch54

« Reply #47 on: 12 Sep 2012, 01:31 am »
How about those Eagles!!!!

yeah...what a joke, they may have actually looked worse in winning that the Bills did in losing !

I've lived here in SE Pa (on and off) for 44 of my 59 years and I gotta say Eagle fans are the strangest group.......they actually think their season is made by beating the 'Cowgirls'..... then really having a run at the Super Bowl. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #48 on: 14 Sep 2012, 12:13 pm »
The Bears/Packers game showed that the Bears haven't changed for the better.  Looked like same ole Bears to me.  Dudn't look so good for you Bears fans. 

jackman

« Reply #49 on: 14 Sep 2012, 12:41 pm »
The Bears looked like they took a major step back last night.  Before Cutler was hurt last year, they looked very sharp and were beating good teams.  Last night was as bad as they looked in a long time.  Cutler did not play well but he had no protection and it doesn't help when guys drop easy TD catches as Marshall did. 

If they don't turn things around soon, this is going to be a long season.  We'll see how they look against Dallas in a few weeks.  Next game is vs St. Louis, a team the Bears should handle. 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #50 on: 14 Sep 2012, 01:10 pm »
Yeah, Jake had the infamous "Good luck" quote posted all over the GB locker room, at least euphemistically, and after the game a GB D-back was heard to say, "Same ol' Jake.  We just play our positions and he'll throw us the ball".  The Chi-town O-line was as much to blame as Cutler, they were a swinging door for #52 for both run and pass, but Jake didn't help his case any.  Doesn't the quarterback call the protections out at the line?  And when they do put it together for a play that would actually put them back in the game, Marshall drops the ball in the endzone (as noted above).  A poor performance across the board for the Bear's offense.

cab

« Reply #51 on: 14 Sep 2012, 01:21 pm »
If the GB receivers hadn't dropped a few a la Marshall, it would have been even more one-sided on the scoreboard. In a word, the Bears got Claymated....

MaxCast

« Reply #52 on: 14 Sep 2012, 02:53 pm »
Go Pack!

I won 4 6-packs last night.  :D

jimdgoulding

« Reply #53 on: 14 Sep 2012, 04:39 pm »
The Bears looked like they took a major step back last night.  Before Cutler was hurt last year, they looked very sharp and were beating good teams.  Last night was as bad as they looked in a long time.  Cutler did not play well but he had no protection and it doesn't help when guys drop easy TD catches as Marshall did. 

If they don't turn things around soon, this is going to be a long season.  We'll see how they look against Dallas in a few weeks.  Next game is vs St. Louis, a team the Bears should handle.
A sportscaster I heard this morning is picking the Bears to win their conference cause of Green Bay's schedule.  By the way, anybody notice the TV ad for Thursday Night Football?  Anybody find that as annoying as I do? 

Freo-1

« Reply #54 on: 14 Sep 2012, 08:05 pm »
I'm keen to see how the Lions fare against the 49ers.    I think it will be a tight game.  Both teams have something to prove, and they already don't like on another.  Should be entertaining. 

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #55 on: 14 Sep 2012, 08:38 pm »
I went to a sports bar last night  to kill three hours watching football because my wife's flight was horribly late.  Should have gone to the airport to watch planes land instead.  What a stinker!

cab

« Reply #56 on: 14 Sep 2012, 08:58 pm »
I'm keen to see how the Lions fare against the 49ers.    I think it will be a tight game.  Both teams have something to prove, and they already don't like on another.  Should be entertaining.

A tight game? That would be a big surprise....

Freo-1

« Reply #57 on: 14 Sep 2012, 09:14 pm »
A tight game? That would be a big surprise....
Not at all.  Detroit has the best front seven defense in football, and three receivers 6'4'' or taller.  No one can stop Calvin Johnson when he is on his game.

San Francisco and Detroit should both have some challenges moving the football.

cab

« Reply #58 on: 14 Sep 2012, 09:31 pm »
Detroit is a good team, but the 49'ers are on another level....It is easy to stop Megatron-he can't do anything if he doesn't get the ball. 49'ers defense is probably the best in the NFL....It will be an interesting game, but as I said, I will be very surprised if it is very close...

Freo-1

« Reply #59 on: 14 Sep 2012, 09:38 pm »
That's why they have to play the game.  I think the Lions defense will give some trouble to SF. 
Last year, the Lions almost won, and it was tight. 
So, we shall see.