Axioms of Infinite Madness

Smeggy

« Reply #60 on: 1 Jun 2004, 05:59 pm »
*Semi-tongue-in-cheek*  8)

GOD:

Ok, I really hate people so I'm gonna pretend I don't exist and avoid all contact with everyone in the whole world except a few old cranks. I'll make some laws and only tell the wierd old cranks who can then tell all the others, and I'm *really* gonna get pissed if the masses don't listen! In fact I'm gonna be so angry that they can all burn in hell for eternity, their crops can turn to dust, I'll raze their cities, kill their first born, infest their lives with plague and pestilence, make their rivers run with blood and make them go to bed with no supper.

I want them to pray to me and hold me above all else... or else! I want every one of those disbelieving heretics to burn and die. I want people to suffer for me, to put themselves into poverty for me and to form an orderly line while doing so because I am a loving, passionate and forgiving GOD.

The above isn't how a 'good' god should read in my books, which is one reason I thnk the Bible and organized religeon is full of it. If there is indeed a supreme being, I'm sure it'd look down on us with total incredulity and bewilderment. All that was written in the Bible was written by *men* evil, despicable, vile people intent on terrorising the sheep for their own ends, and modern organised religeon is perpetuating that evil. I can't imagine any supreme being wanting to be part of such a hateful tome.

If the quotes in this thread are anythig to go by, God needs some serious ego and anger management therapy to deal with those vengence issues. However, as I don't believe in God, I'll just have to put it down to the evil men who wrote the Bible. They have much to answer for.

..or at least that's how I read it so far. Maybe I've just seen too many movies  :wink:

Oh, and please, can someone translate the Bible into plain, readable English. Medievil gibberish is just too much work, no wonder people misinterpret the thing so much. Talk about a hard read.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #61 on: 1 Jun 2004, 06:37 pm »
Quote from: Smeggy
...Oh, and please, can someone translate the Bible into plain, readable English. Medievil gibberish is just too much work, no wonder people misinterpret the thing so much. Talk about a hard read....

smeggy, based upon the first coupla paragraphs ya wrote, i nominate *YOU* to be the translator - admirable yob, imo!!! :lol:

doug s.

jfreeman373

« Reply #62 on: 1 Jun 2004, 07:25 pm »
Do you not believe int the letter "J" either? I have noticed you have misspelled MANY words requiring the letter "J". We ARE speaking English here.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #63 on: 1 Jun 2004, 07:46 pm »
I've suggested in the past that we pass the hat to buy Doug a new keyboard- the "J" key crapped out on his!   :P  :lol:   Some of us have a sig line at the bottom of our posts, but that IS his sig!

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #64 on: 1 Jun 2004, 07:48 pm »
Quote from: jfreeman373
Do you not believe int the letter "J" either? I have noticed you have misspelled MANY words requiring the letter "J". We ARE speaking English here.

yayfreeman373, thanks for the pertinent comment.   :wink:

doug s.

Smeggy

« Reply #65 on: 1 Jun 2004, 07:51 pm »
LOL, that's yust too funny  :P

nathanm

« Reply #66 on: 1 Jun 2004, 09:15 pm »
Doug S. has his own bizarre way of spelling words and mostly we just let him be.  (It might be something like phonetic Swedish or German, but I'm not certain)  I tried to understand it long ago and finally accepted the fact that it's just the way he is.  It's annoying yes, but it is consistently annoying, and thus not so annoying once you get used to it.  Ye must first abandon all ye know of English and embrace a new axiom of Doug S. brand english, only then shalt ye see the Light.

A savvy programmer could probably write a little script which converted between the two languages so that you could type something out and then translate it into Dougese.  That's probably the reason for the conflict - we need to translate Bob's blather into Dougese! :P

<--- Oh kick ass check out that post counter - I am not making anymore posts here ever! : :rock:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #67 on: 1 Jun 2004, 09:22 pm »
Or you could simply translate it to engrish!!  (Engrish is a japanese form of english, check out www.engrish.com for more hilarity).  Translation of Nathan's last post:

There is his himself queer method of putting together word in Doug's S., mostly we exactly permit the fact that it is he. (As for that something the audio Swedish way German and I' It is m, it is not convinced, but) I to try the fact that you understand that directly in former times, finally it' The fact that was accepted s exactly is methodological he. If it is accustomed to that, It' which is troubled to be; S but that is and being consistent is bothered, in this way and so is not troubled. Ye is English and then ye of shalt looks at the light/write but, you know and the axiom whose English of the brand of Doug's S. which is included is new first you must give up ye everything.

The programmer who is well versed to type what, because it can write the small manuscript where perhaps it changed the fact that it can translate that next in Dougese between two languages. Perhaps That' Reason of s opposition - as for us in Dougese Bob' It is necessary to translate the chat of s!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #68 on: 1 Jun 2004, 10:37 pm »
Sorry Guys,

I'm not ignoring uou, just busy building speakers.  Hope to get back to you in a few days.

-Bob :D

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #69 on: 3 Jun 2004, 07:23 pm »
Quote from: SP Pres
Sorry Guys,

I'm not ignoring uou, just busy building speakers.  Hope to get back to you in a few days.

-Bob :D

hi bob,

imo, uou would be better off yust sticking to building speakers.    :mrgreen:

doug s.

infiniti driver

« Reply #70 on: 4 Jun 2004, 07:07 am »
No, I believe Bob is doing just fine with whatever he cares to induldge in. Your comments are annoying at best Pal.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #71 on: 4 Jun 2004, 01:07 pm »
Quote from: infiniti driver
No, I believe Bob is doing just fine with whatever he cares to induldge in. Your comments are annoying at best Pal.

annoying to who, "Pal"?   :o  
one man's treasure is another man's trash...   :wink:

doug s.

infiniti driver

« Reply #72 on: 4 Jun 2004, 03:51 pm »
But freedom of opinion , even yours should be of kind and respectful nature. Maybe you are not a Pal.

Oh well......

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #73 on: 4 Jun 2004, 04:04 pm »
But freedom of opinion , even yours should be of kind and respectful nature. Maybe you are not a Pal.

Oh well......

i sincerely believe that sp pres should stick to what he does best - build loudspeakers.  his personal religious views are exclusionary, & antagonistic to those whose opinions differ...  way beyond the trash/treasure comment i made above...  this is a *fact*, not an opinion...

doug s.

infiniti driver

« Reply #74 on: 4 Jun 2004, 04:56 pm »
Has the thought occured that his views on God (not religion) may have something very solid to do with why his loudspeakers perform so well?

His scientific approach is unlike that of others in the field and without his "devine guidance" he perhaps would not have the fortitude to have ever got them all to the level they are. No..I say without his "insight", the loudspeakers would not be the same.

Be it as it will, no one is to tell him or anyone else what they should "stick to".  If he loses sales because of that, then the mirror is the place to seek the reasons "why that would happen"

I applaud his fortitude to go public with his comments on his (and my) creator.

Takes not only balls..but it takes honesty. He is being honest with himself and he feels that he has a duty to share the gosple. Many company heads are of the very same nature and go public..as well as many sports icons. It only helps them do the job better.

For every one person who will not share in the enjoyment of his fine products because of his views on diety, two more will line up to purchase.

nathanm

« Reply #75 on: 4 Jun 2004, 05:05 pm »
Why would anyone respect the opinion of someone they disagree with?  Now that's 'madness'.  You should respect their right to have their own opinion but the opinion itself is no more deserving of respect than any other idea.  Nobody has been 'unkind' here so far if you ask me.  Besides, Bob's just getting exactly what he asked for from the start.  

I say go whole hog; airbrush Jesus' portrait on the baffles and refuse to sell to non-Christians.  Who wants unwashed sinners listening to God's Speakers anyway?  And why not finish them in gloss white with gold trim?

Wow, thanks infiniti driver, I needed a good :rotflmao:!  Wow, first God chose Bush to be president and then he got into the loudspeaker business.  That god is a busy fella, no doubt about it! :rotflmao:

infiniti driver

« Reply #76 on: 4 Jun 2004, 05:43 pm »
Nathan, I respect the fact that they can have an opinion, be dissagreed with and still not let that influence their wallet. I know a manufacturer that gives a large amount of money to a sect every year and I totally disagree with the views of said sect...but it does not dimenish the quality of their products and if the giving to a certain sect gives peace and harmony in the minds of those designing and building said products and they become better at it because of personal focus..all the better for the end user.

Nathan, tell me what year it is?

Can't be 2004...because that year number is based solely on the plight of Jesus..which many here simply thing is a manufactured soul.

Money must be no good either, the word GOD is on every piece of US leagal tender.

You do not have to believe...but as a fellow worshiper, it is a calling to spread the word.

The lack of a belief in a higher power is turning this country into a fucking sewer, rotting it out from inside.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #77 on: 4 Jun 2004, 06:03 pm »
...The lack of a belief in a higher power is turning this country into a fucking sewer, rotting it out from inside....

wrong, what's turning this country (and planet?) into a fucking sewer is those who insist *their* way of knowing a higher power is the *only* way.

doug s.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #78 on: 4 Jun 2004, 06:24 pm »
Has the thought occured that his views on God (not religion) may have something very solid to do with why his loudspeakers perform so well?

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

His scientific approach is unlike that of others in the field and without his "devine guidance" he perhaps would not have the fortitude to have ever got them all to the level they are. No..I say without his "insight", the loudspeakers would not be the same.

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Be it as it will, no one is to tell him or anyone else what they should "stick to". If he loses sales because of that, then the mirror is the place to seek the reasons "why that would happen"

no reason i cannot express my opinion about it, tho...

I applaud his fortitude to go public with his comments on his (and my) creator.

how do you or anyone else know who his, yours, or anyone else's creator is??? :banghead:

Takes not only balls..but it takes honesty. He is being honest with himself and he feels that he has a duty to share the gosple. Many company heads are of the very same nature and go public..as well as many sports icons. It only helps them do the job better.

the only thing it takes is obsession.  makes for wery narrow-minded thinking & actions, which actually *can* be a help for such narrowly focused goals that are helpful in running a company, or being a sports icon.

For every one person who will not share in the enjoyment of his fine products because of his views on diety, two more will line up to purchase.

:notworthy:  

actually, this statement is comical, since, just as nobody knows who or what is the true path to enlightenment for others,  no one knows how many jesus freaks make up audiophile-dom.   at least, it's theoretically possible to do  a survey to count how many jesus freaks make up audiophile-dom!   :wink:

personally, i would bet your above-mentioned 1:2 ratio would be turned around - more likely he'd offend two prospective clients for every one he attracts.  i say this, cuz *most* believing christians find this kind of proselytizing as offensive as folks like myself, since it disrespects belief systems of others.

doug s.

nathanm

« Reply #79 on: 4 Jun 2004, 08:47 pm »
Nathan, I respect the fact that they can have an opinion, be dissagreed with and still not let that influence their wallet.

What does it matter that Doug said he wouldn't buy the Timepieces because of Bob's views?  Is it any different than him not buying them because he doesn't like the color, or the website or the price?  Since you are such a shill for these things (I can't remember if you're an independent reviewer of them or if you work for SP Tech) it seems like it bothers you more that they aren't selling more of them moreso than the reasons why.  I heard them and I wouldn't buy them either because A) They're really not very good looking B) They need too much power C) They are really fucking expensive. D) The originial website sucked more than a black hole.   Basically I ain't buying 'em.  Doug has his reasons for not buying them either.  Neither of us are buying them in the end.  So what?

Nathan, tell me what year it is?

Can't be 2004...because that year number is based solely on the plight of Jesus..which many here simply thing is a manufactured soul.

Four numbers don't really concern me much.  Obviously it helps if everyone is on the same page as to what name we give to the 365 day cycle.  The reasons behind it are irrelevant to me.  Besides, it's easier writing 2004 than it would be writing however many years old the earth is estimated to be!  It is an arbitrary system of counting that someone came up with and we're using it - what does it have to do with Jesus?  Who cares?

Money must be no good either, the word GOD is on every piece of US leagal tender.

That phrase should never have been on there in the first place.  It has only been on there since 1956 thanks to folks who don't quite understand the 1st amendment.

The lack of a belief in a higher power is turning this country into a fucking sewer, rotting it out from inside.

Uh, what country are you talking about?  This joint is busting at the seams with Christians!  They're all over the place!

http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html#religions

So let's see now... if their figures are correct 76% of Americans are Christian and about 0.4% are atheists...so now what was it that you said?  A fucking sewer?  Rotting from the inside?  Jeepers, those .4% of atheists sure are causing a lot of trouble! :lol:  Talk about overachieving! :P  

Come on man, that is just plain ridiculous.  Although it is an extremely generalized statement, if America IS a sewer it has nothing to do with what people believe as far as "higher powers" go.  In my view the mindset of anyone who is easily swayed to believe anything, regardless of what that may be, is more likely to commit evil acts than a freethinking person.  Humanity is aided by those who want to understand this world and who work for progression and learning and understanding rather than those who are utterly convinced that an ancient religion is the answer to all of life's problems.  That forces in the afterlife are controlling our destiny.  That's archaic thinking, that's not moving forward.  

Of course there are plenty of God-fearing people who are excellent human beings just as there are excellent people who have doubts about such matters.  It is important not to directly associate one's beliefs with one's actions.  You guys get all mad if someone infers that fervent believers in higher powers are also the type of people who happened to terrorize our country on 9/11/01, but now you're inferring that atheists and freethinkers are turning the country into a "fucking sewer".  Either way it is not a fair assumption.  If you want to make generalizations I'd say that IF the country is indeed a fucking sewer then it must be the fault of the Faithful Folk who by the stats seem to be the vast overwhelming majority in this country.