Axioms of Infinite Madness

infiniti driver

« Reply #140 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:36 am »
Just humble yourself Nathan. I cannot tell who is a Christian but I have my doubts that Bob is lying.

All I do is keep connected. I am a sinner, and I will continue to sin...because it is human Nature. I am saved from my Sin in Jesus Christ and because of that, sin is something that simply is avoided like a rattlesnake. I have foresight to keep it out. I am drinking a beer right now. This is not sinning. If I had 30 beers and went into a bar and kicked some ass, I would be sinning. Moderation is the key. I am Human...but I KNOW CHRIST! Yes, it is a gift I do not take for granted or lightly. It is a gift I pray to share with each person that hears the word and is PRO ACTIVE in receiving his grace. After a long time or short time.... At this point, eventually, you may be visited!

infiniti driver

« Reply #141 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:38 am »
The guy with the Tattoo. It is up to his faith. I cannot answer for him but it is written in the Bible that ye shall not mark your body.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #142 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:43 am »
Where is it written in the bible about not marking your body?

Also, one question, is it possible for a person to honestly open their heart to god, and still not be able to have a connection with god?

Marbles

« Reply #143 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:46 am »
OK, serious question...

Every night before dinner we say the old Catholic Grace.

It starts out: In the name of the Father (God), Son (JC) and Holy Spirit (formerly Holy Ghost).

Who is the Holy Ghost?

It sounds like you are reffering to JC, but according to the Grace this would be redundant?

Nathan, is that your ink?

infiniti driver

« Reply #144 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:57 am »
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:28).

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid" (1 Corinthians 6:15)

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works" (1 Timothy 2:9-10 )

"While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price" (1 Peter 3:2-4 )

"Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord." - Leviticus 19:28

However, it is interesting to note what other verses in Leviticus 19 say:

Verse 9: "When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest."

Verse 19: "Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

Verse 26: "Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it."

Verse 27: "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

Verse 28: "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."

BUT IT IS WRITTEN and their, are reasons for the Christian to follow the roadmap of the Bible

Also, one question, is it possible for a person to honestly open their heart to god, and still not be able to have a connection with god?

Yes it is!

As I said earlier, it may take decades. Your heart may not truly be open. It comes as EITHER a bolt of lightning or it may not even come at all. Each person has a level of devotion to God. Some it is 24/7 and some it is simply an evening prayer. God will use you as he sees fit, whether you know it or not, he may be using you now for me, in my words to you...so do not discount the power of God. You may even be a test of my faith. If so, the Holy Ghost knows that through my hands, I will answer.

nathanm

« Reply #145 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:57 am »
No, it is a guy from a quick Google image search.  For the record, I have no tattoos and I don't drink alcohol either.  (well, only if offered! :wink:)  I am tempered against such sins and turn up my nose at such wretched filth. Crawl you maggots! Crawl in your wretched filth!

How do you know the Holy Ghost himself didn't make that image on his skin?  You know, as a reminder?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #146 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:58 am »
C'mon, infinit driver- being Chrstian isn't really going clean up my drinking water is it?  You must really live in a shithole, cause yeah, I know a lotta people on my block, I can go anywhere I want in relative safety, and by most measure's I probably am the poor person you're talking about!

How about the good things?  There's some hunger, but the vast percentage of Americans get enough to eat (especially compared to many other nations).  Again, I don't live in one of the festering shitbox areas of the country, but most people have a roof over their head.  You may not like the policies of our government, but not one person in America is barred the right to vote & change it (unless they're a felon).  And just wait, things are cyclical- in a few years we'll have a goverment you love & I'll hate!

I think the actual figures are about 45% of income to taxes, but even that's pretty damned low.  Many countries levy far higher taxes.

You may have Old Fart Syndrom, ID... the style of dress & propensity for tatooes & peircings may be silly, but it's hardly decadent.  It may be for someone longing for a intolerant, Norman-Rockwellesque America.  There's a tremendous amount of peirced & tattooed people that are very good people if you can look past their looks without judging them.

One of us may not be realistic in their view of America, and I hope it's you.  

BTW, I really doubt things were any better back in the days when the Church rules the state.  Just a guess on my part, but the Good Old Days probably weren't really all that good.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #147 on: 8 Jun 2004, 04:05 am »
BTW, infinit driver, I have an interesting book called 101 Bible Contradictions.  I'd be interested in E-mailing it to you if you have time to look at it.  It's more of a list than a book, and not really long.  I don't have the encyclopedic knowledge of the Bible to really know if the text is accurate or not, and embarrassingly I don't think I have a Bible!  :oops:   That's really inexcusable since I do have the Tripickata, the Bagavhad Gita & the Koran (sorry if my spelling is totally wrong, I don't have those books by my PC).

Actually, anyone who wants it can PM me and I'll Email it (I will need an email addy, the book is an ebook & I do have the rights to it).

Marbles

« Reply #148 on: 8 Jun 2004, 04:10 am »
ID, I thought only Hesidic Jews followed Leviticus and the Old Testament to the word?  Is this not the case?  Certainly not many Catholics, Lutherans, or Methodists follow the Old Testament to the word...

nathanm

« Reply #149 on: 8 Jun 2004, 04:38 am »
Quote from: infiniti driver
As I said earlier, it may take decades. Your heart may not truly be open.

That is true.  The faith-based heart is a complex organ and there are an intricate maze of valves to navigate, and many different deities and humans trying to win the owner's love.  As you can see in this diagram, Jesus has a lot of opposition and it is very difficult to navigate such busy bloodstreams.

infiniti driver

« Reply #150 on: 8 Jun 2004, 04:44 am »
ID, I thought only Hesidic Jews followed Leviticus and the Old Testament to the word? Is this not the case? Certainly not many Catholics, Lutherans, or Methodists follow the Old Testament to the word...

LoL, thank God. No animal sacrifices going on here. It was for the old school Jews and it protected them from things of accord in that day...

BTW, infinit driver, I have an interesting book called 101 Bible Contradictions. I'd be interested in E-mailing it to you if you have time to look at it. It's more of a list than a book, and not really long. I don't have the encyclopedic knowledge of the Bible to really know if the text is accurate or not, and embarrassingly I don't think I have a Bible!  That's really inexcusable since I do have the Tripickata, the Bagavhad Gita & the Koran (sorry if my spelling is totally wrong, I don't have those books by my PC).

Actually, anyone who wants it can PM me and I'll Email it (I will need an email addy, the book is an ebook & I do have the rights to it).

Im am hip. Love to read it for educational purposes. bill@audioseek.com and be sure to pin it with the push pin, otherwise, it is spammed out of the box.

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, it is a guy from a quick Google image search. For the record, I have no tattoos and I don't drink alcohol either. (well, only if offered! ) I am tempered against such sins and turn up my nose at such wretched filth. Crawl you maggots! Crawl in your wretched filth!

How do you know the Holy Ghost himself didn't make that image on his skin? You know, as a reminder?

Nathan, I laughed my ass off on that one!. Have a beer, it is good for you!

The Holy Ghost, no telling what he will do next. It is always beyond reason and logic. A mear mortal shot that ink though, ibet, very artistic...but no tattoos for me Pal!

Hey, I want to commission you for some artwork (second calling) for another album I am doing. My email is above. Pin it !

nathanm

« Reply #151 on: 8 Jun 2004, 04:57 am »
The Holy Ghost, no telling what he will do next. It is always beyond reason and logic.

He sure isn't the only one...

Hey, I want to commission you for some artwork (second calling) for another album I am doing. My email is above. Pin it!

Well, my Master will only allow me to do artwork which glorifies HIM and HIM alone.

jfreeman373

« Reply #152 on: 8 Jun 2004, 05:28 am »

Matthew 12:31: "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and
blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy
Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men."

So please tred lightly.....

Who is the Holy spirit?

Is the third member of the Godhead, Is a spirit: Knows all things:

Is also known as the:
Comforter, Spirit of Truth, Still Small Voice ,Testifier, TEACHER OF ALL THINGS.

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

How do you find the Holy spirit?

Luke 11:10-13:
"For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh
findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask
bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he
ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an
egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to
give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly
Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

John 16:7-14:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for
you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come
unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is
come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of
judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness,
because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because
the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto
you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth,
is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of
himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will
show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of
mine, and shall show it unto you."

I Corinthians 12:3:
"Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man
speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man
can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."

Interpretation of the bible, hece all the various denominations?

II Peter 1:20-21:
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture
is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time
by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the
Holy Ghost."

For Infiniti Driver...
Luke12:11-12
"And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:
"For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye
ought to say."

Romans 8:5-8    
"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.   Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

So don't get working too hard in the flesh. :wink:

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

For we know that the whole creation groans in pain together until now.
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why dose he  hope for it?

But if we hope for that we don't see , then do we with patience wait for it.
Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought to: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

And he that searches the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because he makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.:!:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #153 on: 8 Jun 2004, 05:59 am »
Man, NathanM, where do you come up with shit like that?  :lol:   You da man!

Infiniti Driver, I'll email it to you ASAP.  Obviously some stuff could be contradiction as simple as New vs Old Testaments, and I understand God's covenant sort of "changed the rules."  But as I say, despite years of Catachism, I'm not expert in any sense on Catholocism, much less the Bible at large.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #154 on: 8 Jun 2004, 12:51 pm »
since the old testament & the new testament are pure fiction, (as well as is any other religious tome written by any other humans), anyone who actually takes anything written in it (them) literally, is deluded.  hallucinatiuons come in many different forms.  most folk's "trips" are based upon their realities, which is why it's predominantly those raised in christian households that have found jesus; those raised in muslim homes found allah, etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

arguing about religion is like arguing about who has the best imaginary friend.

the idea that the holy ghost can only come to a chosen few, regardless of how diligent one searches, means that this cesspool ain't *our* fault, it's *god's* fault, the bitch/bastard!    :mrgreen:

peace,

doug s.

btw - nate, i won't ever let anyone say *you* are heartless!!! :D

nathanm

« Reply #155 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:54 pm »
Doug, your heart is getting overtaken by Satan's Black Mark section I can tell.  I hope it will not be too late before your soul is throttled by demons.

But seriously...why is it that Jesus only visits Christian households?  Why does Allah only visit Muslim ones?  Why so little cross-polination?  Why do Jesus and Allah seem to keep treading the same cultural and geographic areas?  It must be a total coincidence I'm sure...:P  I'm sure whatever it is, the answer is in the Bible, oh but don't put too much stock in that, it's only a roadmap.  A roadmap which apparently says, "Oh I dunno, I think Rogers Street is like about 4 blocks north from here.  Head that way for a ways and then when you see an old shop, the one which used to be McGinty's Pharmacy, I can't remember what it is now.  Anyway, when you see that take a left, then head west for about a mile until you get to Watson Ave., or no I think it is Westbrook Ave.  Definitely a W word in any case.  I'm pretty sure Rogers Street isn't more than half a block from that, or thereabouts.  Good luck on your travels!"

infiniti driver

« Reply #156 on: 8 Jun 2004, 08:01 pm »
Quote:
Hey, I want to commission you for some artwork (second calling) for another album I am doing. My email is above. Pin it!

Well, my Master will only allow me to do artwork which glorifies HIM and HIM alone.

So I figure the answer is no.

I knocked on the door but got rejected...

Well, I tried..

rosconey

« Reply #157 on: 8 Jun 2004, 08:55 pm »
one of my good friends went born again-he has more tatts than you can imagine, so is he wasteing his time :?: .

if the devil does exist, he is behind organised religion, how else do you explain religious people killing others in the name of god or alah.

no doubt the bible is a joke, its been rewritten and twisted for personal gain for a  thousand years.

with so many religions who is to say what is the right one, he with the bigger gun thats who.

if you do no harm to your fellow man and help when you can thats a good man, and his faith or lack of dosent matter.

nathanm

« Reply #158 on: 8 Jun 2004, 09:06 pm »
Infiniti - no, I could do the artwork - just so long as Sasquatch approves it.  That's the only thing.  It would have to be decidedly Pro-Sasquatch otherwise I wouldn't wanna know what would happen to me.  Just an FYI.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #159 on: 9 Jun 2004, 12:15 pm »
Quote from: rosconey
...if you do no harm to your fellow man and help when you can thats a good man, and his faith or lack of dosent matter....

no WAY!!!  if you don't find jesus, yure gonna rot in hell for eternity!!!  no matter whether yure good or not, or whether or not you believe in god!!!   :lol:  

i feel sorry for poor righteous bastards who lived & died before jesus was even born - no matter what they did, they were condemned to eternal hellfire & damnation...   :o   it seems god doesn't play fair, doesn't it?  :wink:  

doug s.