Axioms of Infinite Madness

infiniti driver

« Reply #120 on: 7 Jun 2004, 07:52 pm »
Thank you Nathan, every little bit helps!

;)

nathanm

« Reply #121 on: 7 Jun 2004, 09:34 pm »
No I'm serious man, how can you say something like:

Quote from: infiniti driver
Scholastically, faith is not something that can be taught...simalar to true musicians talant, some have more than others and some have none at all.

and yet say that the lack of faith is somehow rotting our world from the inside out?  It just doesn't add up.  If faith is supposed to be something each person comes to in their own way and not taught or forced onto them how can you possibly hold it against a person if they don't have any?  By your logic we could also claim that a lack of musically-gifted students is ruining the world of music.

If you claim atheism is some manner of corrupting influence and yet you say we cannot teach people to believe because God is supposed to call on them, then is it fair to pass judgement on the non-believer?

What about the overwhelming majority of people who are Christian?  Are they to be held blameless in this alleged sewer you think the country is? Comparatively, those who profess no religious beliefs are a tiny fraction of the population.  How do you explain that?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #122 on: 7 Jun 2004, 10:01 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
No I'm serious man, how can you say something like:

and yet say that the lack of faith is somehow rotting our world from the inside out?  It just doesn't add up.  If faith is supposed to be something each person comes to in their own way and not taught or forced onto them how can you possibly hold it against a person if they don't have any?  By your logic we could also claim that a lack of musically-gifted students is ruining the world of music.

If you claim atheism is some manner of corrupting influe ...

c'mon nate!!!  what's wrong w/you???  yure being *logical*!!!!  logic doesn't apply.   :wink:  

infiniti driver sez i'm missing the point, cuz we have some agreement as to the foibles of organized religion, yet he puts faith in jesus, based upon hearsay of what other people said about him.  but he insists there's a big stick in my eye that is blinding me.  and, some other such nonsense about my mind being programmed in such a way as to not be able to find some sorta "devine understanding" that he thinks i'm wanting to find.  forget about the fact that i have no problem with how i view the world, which is based upon simple observation of what is transpiring around me, and what has transpired over recorded history.  

i do know there's *something* out there.  when you look at an atom or a cell under a microscope, or a city out the window of an airplane, or the solar system or a galaxy from pics from the hubble or a telescope, it all looks way too similar to be not somehow connected...  but, i see no connection that makes me believe that if i'm good in this life, i'm gonna be rewarded in the next.  or, that i'm gonna be punished if i'm bad.  that's yust some superstitious blather thought up by a bunch of humans trying to scare folk into behaving themselves.

peace,

doug s.

infiniti driver

« Reply #123 on: 7 Jun 2004, 11:16 pm »
The holy ghost is real. You just never been touched or believe in ghosts is all. No person convinced me of that. Ask Bob about the "Ghost"

I asked, I received. You are rebuking that, you don't get any!

The arguments are looking like trolls. I do not partake in trollish behavour. Feed on that a while.

infiniti driver

« Reply #124 on: 8 Jun 2004, 12:59 am »
What about the overwhelming majority of people who are Christian? Are they to be held blameless in this alleged sewer you think the country is? Comparatively, those who profess no religious beliefs are a tiny fraction of the population. How do you explain that?

How do you know they are Christian? How do you know I am Christian?
Very few are ever actually visited by the Holy ghost.

nathanm

« Reply #125 on: 8 Jun 2004, 01:56 am »
Stop eluding the question Infiniti driver.  I am not talking about who does or doesn't believe in God, the Holy Ghost, etc. -  we've been over that.  I am asking why you think America is a "fucking sewer" because of the people's LACK of belief when the overwhelming majority of Americans claim they DO believe in God or some form of higher power.  What is wrong here?  Atheists are barely a drop in the bucket.  So what's happening?  Please, I'd love to hear your answer to that.

infiniti driver

« Reply #126 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:22 am »
I already answered it, you failed to read it. Need I point out the actual sentences?

Their are 4 namely.

Like reading the Bible, many read but many more fail to understand. I bet Bob could point all four of them out.

Try again!

infiniti driver

« Reply #127 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:34 am »
PS, I just laid it all out again on my notepad..I want you to really try hard to find it. SInce you are blind to it, it may be a chore...but I will copy paste it eventually, the answers I gave, you are repeating a question in which all answers have been given. You do not see it because you have not been visited by the Holy Ghost. Without him, blindness leads the blind.

nathanm

« Reply #128 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:35 am »
I am not talking to Bob, I'm talking to you infiniti driver.  Okay, so people should read the Bible that's the first thing.  What are the other three?  I guess you'll have to point them out for me.  I sure would appreciate it.

And one more question if you please:

Does a person have to be visited by the Holy Ghost to be considered a Christian?

infiniti driver

« Reply #129 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:40 am »
To your last question, Yes, that person must. Belief is one thing, salvation is completely another. Faith binds them.

PS, reading the Bible is neither of them

I have the 4 on notepad, want me to post it?

the Holy Ghost is what saves you. It is a direct and concise connection. Pure positive and scary to the non believer. Spooky beyond belief.

you are transformed, and born anew. The enlightment is opened to you. It is a wonderful thing. Churches would not exsist if this had not been experienced at all.

nathanm

« Reply #130 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:43 am »
Yes, please be my guest.

infiniti driver

« Reply #131 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:46 am »
Bolt of shock to some, unattainable to most.

infiniti driver

« Reply #132 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:47 am »
1. You can lead a horse to water, you cannot make him drink.

Many profess but do not know. Those who are not born again Christians that profess to be Christians are most of the problem.

2. IT IS YOUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with GOD...no one can do that for you. All we can do is tell you, their is something mighty worthy about it based on our personal experiences.

The sewer is because they do not do the works of God, they simply relesh in the association. They are not Christians, they are part of the sewer.

3. Forget religion. Forget hypocrites, it is up to you to see if you can make the connection.

They know not of the holy ghost...therefore contributing to the problem, not the solution. religion has NOTHING to do with a personal relationship with Christ.

4. It is written:

"Like a needle in a haystack."

I am willing to bet that 97% of professed "Christians" do not know the Holy Ghost....and have never been touched by him and use Christianity this as a crutch.

This once again causes the cesspoll. Amongst all the others who have no clue, or want to.

Total decadence is a greed and envy situation. No one wants to open their heart to even a gnats ass of the possible. They are more comfortable rebuking it, since it is the simple and noble way out.

If you were to get ahold of this thing, you would say, HOLY SHIT...what a moron I am for being so blind. Christianity is not an easy road..it simply holds the key to higher enlightment and the promise of the afterlife. It is faith deluxe.

infiniti driver

« Reply #133 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:52 am »
PS, when you are visited by the supernatural in the name of Jesus, it will absolutly open the realm to the promise of the afterlife. Not a regular haunting ghost...but the HOLY Ghost. He lets you know and it is not a dream, it is very real and in your face.

Also...we believe, you don't have to. We can't prove it. We can only spreak of it. You may have the possibility to meet the Holy Ghost, all I can do is pray that if you really want to, he will show himself. It is most awe inspiring.

nathanm

« Reply #134 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:55 am »
Thank you for the clarification.  It is nice to have all the requirements of avoiding the destruction of America in one easy to read list!  

How many true Christians do you think there are in America?  Is 75% an innacurate figure?  I don't expect exact number, but just your ballpark guess.

Can you tell a fake Christian from a true Christian?  If so, how?

infiniti driver

« Reply #135 on: 8 Jun 2004, 02:57 am »
Read more Nathan. I answered that as well...

but I bet it is much less than a few percentile.

And to your last question, I answered that too. Want me to quote it?

How do you know they are Christian? How do you know I am Christian?
Very few are ever actually visited by the Holy ghost.

So you may never know. It is personal within yourself. (said that too, many times)

The important thing is you can choose not to believe, or you can choose to believe, whether the spirit touches you is something none of us have the power of...we can just pray that he will...and he may...and be prepared, it is the ride of your life, spooky deluxe!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #136 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:02 am »
Geez, I didn't realize America was a "fucking sewer."  :oops:   I'm not one of those guys running around blowing sunshine up your skirt about the glass being half full, but while I'll acknowledge we have some problems I still think America is a pretty good place.  Just the fact that we can have this conversation says something pretty positive about our country, and it's more than a lot of the world can say.  I'm got more reasons than most right now to be down, but I'm not.  At least not down on our country.

infiniti driver

« Reply #137 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:10 am »
You are not free to go anywhere in the USA AT anytime and be safe. You also (if you are drinking tap water) are drinking recondition feces. You also are surrounded by Government waste and people who are not neighborly. Name the people 6 houses down?? The Country is taxing you (Fed, local, state, sales tax, gas tax, all tax including tax on your pet) about 65% of your income with little representation. The poor in this country are not getting what it takes to rise above it and corporate greed is at an all time high. I am paying 68% of the base cost of gasoline to the government to do things I do not approve of.

I need not go on.

Womens (single) attitudes with all the tattoos and decadence is disgusting. 31% of Women under 22 years old have a form of STD.

I guess you are not even looking at it from realism.

Marbles

« Reply #138 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:16 am »
Quote from: infiniti driver
Womens (single) attitudes with all the tattoos and decadence is disgusting. 31% of Women under 22 years old have a form of STD.

This is TERRIBLE..69% are not trying hard enough!!!  :wink:

God knows I'm doing my part  :lol:

nathanm

« Reply #139 on: 8 Jun 2004, 03:19 am »
Since infiniti driver is so incredibly smart and and tapped into powerful forces  I sometimes have a tough time understanding his wisdom, but let me guess:  

You can tell a fake Christian because he does not act in the same way you act?  He has not found Christ in the same manner which infiniti driver has?  A true Christian always acts in a Christian manner and never makes mistakes, never sins, never falters...one might consider them Jesus incarnate.  Is that a true Christian?  Am I on the right track?  I know you cannot make me drink, but I WANT TO!  Lead me to the water!  I am a hoss! A thirsty hoss!

It sounds like this "touched by an angel" stuff is something that the person doesn't have a whole lot of control over.  It seems that Jesus chooses who he wants to connect with, even if the person has done their best to open themselves to Christ.  If that is the case I find it hard to fault the humans who are trying their best to experience the touch of the Holy Ghost.  Apparently infiniti driver is the Chosen One and everyone else are false ones.  Is that what it is?  You're in God's own special club and everyone else is part of a cesspool?

Wow, it keeps getting better everytime I hit Preview...

Hey, just curious - will this guy be spared?