Who was the baddest man to ever walk the earth?

Cheeseboy

Re: Who was the baddest man to ever walk the earth?
« Reply #80 on: 25 Jan 2012, 08:36 pm »
It was Jesus Christ.

In one gospel he tied his ass to a tree and walked into town.
In another he turned water into wine.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #81 on: 25 Jan 2012, 08:39 pm »
Jeter?

of course?  OF COURSE?!?!?!?!  Whadda load of crap!!!!!!

Everyone since has walked in his shadow!    :icon_twisted:

colekaye1

« Reply #82 on: 27 Jan 2012, 05:00 pm »
As far as the music world, Hendrix and Dylan.

As far as the sports world, the entire roster of this years NY Giants. 9 and 7 and going to the Super Bowl? Say wha?! Beating the 15 and 1 Green Bay Packers to go to the NFC Championship? Those are both pretty badass.

blutto

« Reply #83 on: 27 Jan 2012, 06:02 pm »
Howlin Wolf

...if you have any doubts go find Howling Wolf: His Greatest Sides...input it into your stereo and turn it up to 11...and when you are listening to it remember the guy was around 6'6 and weighed about 300 lb...and there was a menacing quality to the man that is impossible to describe...I know, I once came face to face with the man, and for reason walked away both shit-scared and in absolute awe ( and in my youth I hung around some real nasty clubs so physical confrontation was nothing new to me...I can still remember looking up and saying, oh shit and then freezing in place...)...

...and gawd the show we saw that night was tied with the greatest things I've ever had the good fortune to see...Hubert Sumlin and Otis Spann were there...a simply amazing performance and that Wolf menace informed that performance in a very fundamental way...and yes I also saw Hendrix in similar club circumstances and in terms of bad Jimi would have lasted several seconds at best....

Cheers

blutto 

Delta Wave

« Reply #84 on: 27 Jan 2012, 06:35 pm »
Wasn't it really Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown?

Rclark

« Reply #85 on: 27 Jan 2012, 06:42 pm »
...if you have any doubts go find Howling Wolf: His Greatest Sides...input it into your stereo and turn it up to 11...and when you are listening to it remember the guy was around 6'6 and weighed about 300 lb...and there was a menacing quality to the man that is impossible to describe...I know, I once came face to face with the man, and for reason walked away both shit-scared and in absolute awe ( and in my youth I hung around some real nasty clubs so physical confrontation was nothing new to me...I can still remember looking up and saying, oh shit and then freezing in place...)...

...and gawd the show we saw that night was tied with the greatest things I've ever had the good fortune to see...Hubert Sumlin and Otis Spann were there...a simply amazing performance and that Wolf menace informed that performance in a very fundamental way...and yes I also saw Hendrix in similar club circumstances and in terms of bad Jimi would have lasted several seconds at best....

Cheers

blutto

That's pretty damn cool.

midfi

• nisi credideritis, non intelligetis
« Reply #86 on: 29 Jan 2012, 06:44 am »
I'm with Rclark, Chester Burnett is on my short list, as is Willie Dixon, Jimi, Dylan, Marr and Greenwood...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #87 on: 12 Feb 2012, 04:47 am »
Bo Diddley.

BTW, I saw Howlin Wolf when I was about sixteen in a BYOB ballroom in fabulous Fort Worth, TX.  I remember looking around the room and all I could see was liquor bottles and purses standng on the long tables.  Everybody was in front of the stage dancing or wishin they were.  Not much more than a platfrom, at one point Wolf stepped off it and laid on his back right in front and played his ass off.  The crowd and yours truly absolutely loved it!  Wouldn't it be cool if we could re-visit things like that.

invstbiker

« Reply #88 on: 12 Feb 2012, 05:13 am »
Of course it was Jesus Christ, Unless you are a muslim!

Rclark

« Reply #89 on: 12 Feb 2012, 06:08 am »
Bo Diddley.

BTW, I saw Howlin Wolf when I was about sixteen in a BYOB ballroom in fabulous Fort Worth, TX.  I remember looking around the room and all I could see was liquor bottles and purses standng on the long tables.  Everybody was in front of the stage dancing or wishin they were.  Not much more than a platfrom, at one point Wolf stepped off it and laid on his back right in front and played his ass off.  The crowd and yours truly absolutely loved it!  Wouldn't it be cool if we could re-visit things like that.

That's such a great story...several like that here. You know what you should do Jim, is start a new thread"tell your rockstar story" and flesh that one out a little more. I bet we get some good ones.

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #90 on: 12 Feb 2012, 08:56 am »
I did not read the other posts yet,but I would say Professor Taru Tanaka,the pro wrestler who combined all the martial art skills and was sumo sized and quick....I asked the same question to George the Animal Steele and he agreed...Mark Korda

Æ

« Reply #91 on: 12 Feb 2012, 09:01 pm »
I still say it's Clint Eastwood.

"Get a Chrysler. . . and get off my damn lawn!"

Æ

« Reply #92 on: 12 Feb 2012, 09:02 pm »
I did not read the other posts yet,but I would say Professor Taru Tanaka,the pro wrestler who combined all the martial art skills and was sumo sized and quick. . . .

Not nearly as quick as Bruce Lee!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #93 on: 13 Feb 2012, 02:16 am »
That's such a great story...several like that here. You know what you should do Jim, is start a new thread"tell your rockstar story" and flesh that one out a little more. I bet we get some good ones.
Thanks, Rclark, but I'd much rather someone else start a thread like that instead of me.

HAITIMAN

« Reply #94 on: 13 Feb 2012, 02:30 am »
My vote goes to the bad-ass in my avatar.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #95 on: 13 Feb 2012, 04:59 pm »
Vlad the Impaler

For a Prince in Transylvania to inspire the legend of Dracula, a blood sucking vampire that lives by night, his exploits were TRULY bad. 

He'd invite the Ottoman emissaries in to broker a peace agreement and have the prior Ottoman emissaries heads mounted on the wall above them - blood and all. 

Of course, the new emissaries made new wall decor for the next set that came in preaching peace. THAT's bad :o

Alas, this is the music circle - so to confine choices to music I'd vote for Frank Sinatra.  Not only did he have a bevy of hits in his day, but his associates were less than, errrrr, stand up guys  :wink:

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #96 on: 13 Feb 2012, 06:04 pm »
It was Jesus Christ.

In one gospel he tied his ass to a tree and walked into town.

I tried this once but couldn't get more than a foot or 2 away from the tree. . . :duh:

Whitese

« Reply #97 on: 13 Feb 2012, 06:10 pm »
I figure one of these guys!

JackD201

« Reply #98 on: 13 Feb 2012, 06:12 pm »
My vote goes to King Leonidas. He or one of his bodyguards probably have the most hand to hand kills in the shortest period of time.

Dang Whitese beat me to it!

Frank I

« Reply #99 on: 13 Feb 2012, 06:25 pm »
ME :lol: