Who was the baddest man to ever walk the earth?

Photon46

Re: Who was the baddest man to ever walk the earth?
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:33 am »
Let's not forget the man who possibly first musical superstar in the modern sense of the word. He was technically astounding, made women weep and swoon before him, was a handsome devil, and a great composer:
Franz Liszt

SoCalWJS

« Reply #41 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:54 am »
let's not forget pol pot, the shah of iran, stalin, hitler, cheney, attila the hun, idi amin, ayatollah khomeini, vlad the impaler, ivan the terrible...

doug s.
????

Really? You think he belongs in there?
Wow.

*Scotty*

« Reply #42 on: 19 Jan 2012, 02:23 am »
Rclark, the army decided after about a year that it could do without Jimi's services, he made a poor soldier. He was born to a be musician not a warrior. His enlistment was a choice between incarceration or the army.
Scotty
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2012, 05:17 am by *Scotty* »

sts9fan

« Reply #43 on: 19 Jan 2012, 02:48 am »
Bad at livin?
Too soon?

*Scotty*

« Reply #44 on: 19 Jan 2012, 02:51 am »
Johann Strauss II was also a superstar of his time. The waltz was the rock music of his era. Johann toured Austria–Hungary, Poland, and Germany with his orchestra. He also played in Russia every year over a nine year period between 1856 and 1865.
 In the 1870s Strauss and his orchestra toured the US and played the Boston Festival where he was the lead conductor in a "Monster Concert" with over 1000 performers. This is basically unamplified arena rock. 
 In 1853 he suffered a nervous breakdown due the constant mental and physical demands of performing and touring. He took a seven week vacation at this time to recover from burnout. He was married three times and divorced once.
 Basically this guys life story reads a lot like that of a contemporary rock star with the only thing missing being an early death, he died at the ripe old age of 73 in 1899.
Scotty

Æ

« Reply #45 on: 19 Jan 2012, 02:55 am »
let's not forget pol pot, the shah of iran, stalin, hitler, cheney, attila the hun, idi amin, ayatollah khomeini, vlad the impaler, ivan the terrible...

doug s.

Cheney? Ha, he wasn't that bad. . . as long as you didn't decide to go hunting with him.
Seriously, what about Nixon and Agnew?

JoseL

« Reply #46 on: 19 Jan 2012, 04:36 am »
Not the baddest perhaps, but a badass nevertheless.

« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2012, 06:04 am by JoseL »

dB Cooper

« Reply #47 on: 19 Jan 2012, 04:42 am »
They say this dude Shaft is a bad motha******

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #48 on: 19 Jan 2012, 05:34 am »
Rclark,  I don't know if you've seen this before, but check this out. It's made with 5,000 guitar picks.  :thumb:

Æ

Pez

« Reply #50 on: 19 Jan 2012, 06:06 am »

Æ

« Reply #51 on: 19 Jan 2012, 07:19 am »

He's not a man, he's a frog!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Demarche

« Reply #53 on: 20 Jan 2012, 04:31 am »
Well, maybe not the baddest, but a close 2nd.

Sean Bean

He became known to millions as the rugged, hero soldier in historical drama Sharpe.

And now actor Sean Bean has proven once and for all that his tough-guy image is not just fictional.

The Daily Mail has learned that Bean was ‘stabbed’ in the arm following a row over a beautiful young model, April Summers.

The four-time married star was apparently attacked outside the Hill Bar and Brasserie in Camden, North West London late on Sunday evening.

Mr Bean was said to have a cut arm and a bruised face, according to witnesses.

However, extraordinarily, he declined to attend hospital.

Instead, the star walked back into the bar and, after staff gave him aid from a first aid kit, ordered another drink.   :thumb:

A member of staff said: ‘Sean is a regular here and we’ve never had any problems before. He was with a very attractive woman and an incident occurred outside the bar.

‘He came in with a cut on his arm and a bruise on his eyebrow. We saw to his injuries with the first aid kit.He seemed ok and wanted to have another drink.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2003338/Sean-Bean-stabbed-arm-following-row-glamour-model-April-Summers.html#ixzz1jyADLJFA

rockadanny

« Reply #54 on: 20 Jan 2012, 01:47 pm »
Since this is an audio site I'd have to say Lemmy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4&feature=fvsr

Delta Wave

« Reply #55 on: 20 Jan 2012, 02:49 pm »
Since this is an audio site I'd have to say Lemmy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4&feature=fvsr

:thumb: I literally slammed into him at London-Heathrow Airport last year, I did a face plant into his chest. He's like 7' tall!

Rclark

« Reply #56 on: 21 Jan 2012, 03:30 am »
 going to see MOTORHEAD next month :thumb:

With all due respect, there's a certain effeminate, elitist quality to classical music and a classical composer is not jockin' like Jimi Hendrix. Sure Lizst or whoever writes super complex music, doesn't make them a badass, with all due respect  :lol:

I can understand where you're coming from, but Jimi transcends them all.

Loving the Jimi Art. Part of finishing off my room will be some proper art, and some magnificent image of Jimi will grace my wall. Haven't decided who else goes up.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #57 on: 21 Jan 2012, 03:41 am »
Haven't decided who else goes up.

Joplin and Morrison.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #58 on: 21 Jan 2012, 04:25 am »
going to see MOTORHEAD next month :thumb:

With all due respect, there's a certain effeminate, elitist quality to classical music..........

Tell that to the fat broad with horns on her head and carrying a spear.  Wagner must have had a helluva fetish.   :lol:

Rclark

« Reply #59 on: 21 Jan 2012, 05:59 am »
Ok, Wagner gets a pass.