tekton design mini lore and lore.

roscoeiii

Re: tekton design mini lore and lore.
« Reply #20 on: 20 Apr 2011, 07:20 pm »
Knut,

Looking forward to your impressions and comparisons to other speakers you know.

genjamon

« Reply #21 on: 21 Apr 2011, 09:55 pm »
Yeah, I wouldn't say there's any shout either.

Sam-fi

« Reply #22 on: 24 Apr 2011, 05:29 am »
I wouldn't think so either sorry. This is merely an issue with tekton speakers - especially the wider diameter ones - Where people put phase plugs to get rid of shout.

I also admit bias for zu speakers. oops. Apologies everyone  :oops:

Sam

knut_the_viking

« Reply #23 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:43 pm »
Knut,

Looking forward to your impressions and comparisons to other speakers you know.

So far, so good. I've been trying to break it in while away at work, using my Sonic Impact Super-T amp, and reconnecting my Tec-on amp when I get home.
The Lores are probably so much more efficient than my other speakers, that I am now noticing a slight hum from the drivers.
Sound quality appears (to me) excellent so far. Plenty of bass, and I may even have to play around with placement to tame that a little.
Huge soundstage. Slightly more laid-back than my Tekton 4.5, but not much.
My Dynaudios put the 'images' very far back in comparison. Note here that I'm not using the same amp with the Dyns.

Keepers. No doubt about it.
Wife thinks the plain black finish with the huge visible driver is nowhere as pleasing to look at as the cherry veneer on the Dynaudios.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #24 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:50 pm »
knut,

You may have a grounding issue.  High efficiency speakers are notorious for revealing all sorts of underlying/low level system noise (could even be from "dirty" A/C).

genjamon

« Reply #25 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:51 pm »
You'll just have to swap out for some cherry finish Lores then!  My walnut finish looks great, although she still might not like the exposed driver.  Eric said he's working on a design for grills.  Not sure how long that might take, but if you wait a bit you might have a good option there, and you could probably talk with Eric about a swap-out deal.

roscoeiii

« Reply #26 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:52 pm »
pics please...

genjamon

« Reply #27 on: 28 Apr 2011, 04:55 pm »
Don't really have a camera other than my phone, unfortunately.  Not gonna be very good quality, and I haven't taken any pics yet.  Will see if I can get around to that sometime soon.

knut_the_viking

« Reply #28 on: 28 Apr 2011, 06:01 pm »
pics please...

Posted mine on page 1 of this thread...

sebrof

« Reply #29 on: 28 Apr 2011, 08:45 pm »
Zman - That is one fine looking space. Well done. :thumb:

gnev

« Reply #30 on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:52 am »

Satin White

roscoeiii

« Reply #31 on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:55 am »
Oh, satin white looks great too.

C'mon wood veneer Lore owners, don't be shy...

roscoeiii

« Reply #32 on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:56 am »
And gnev,  what are your impressions of the sound? How do they compare to the other speakers in the picture?

gnev

« Reply #33 on: 29 Apr 2011, 03:07 am »
And gnev,  what are your impressions of the sound? How do they compare to the other speakers in the picture?

I will post some thoughts on the sound after break in and more auditioning (only at about 20 hours now)

knut_the_viking

« Reply #34 on: 29 Apr 2011, 06:59 pm »
I will post some thoughts on the sound after break in and more auditioning (only at about 20 hours now)

Those being Acoustic Zen Adagios in the background? Those are fine speakers, too... at three times the price

gnev

« Reply #35 on: 29 Apr 2011, 07:07 pm »
Those being Acoustic Zen Adagios in the background? Those are fine speakers, too... at three times the price

Indeed, retail is closer to 5 times the price

roscoeiii

« Reply #36 on: 29 Apr 2011, 07:18 pm »
Eagerly awaiting reports of how the Lores are "giant killers" and blow away the Adagios...

or just a comparison of how they sound, whatever. Certainly different speaker designs with different amplification requirements. Fun stuff.

St_PatGuy

« Reply #37 on: 30 Apr 2011, 02:33 pm »
Here are some pics of the Tekton Lore speakers in a cherry finish.

roscoeiii

« Reply #38 on: 30 Apr 2011, 02:42 pm »
Oh, very pretty. Thoughts on the sound, StPatGuy?

St_PatGuy

« Reply #39 on: 30 Apr 2011, 03:22 pm »
Thanks, roscoe!  I've had them for a couple of weeks now and am still going through the listening process.

Initial impressions--nicely balanced from top to bottom.  They took a bit of fine tuning to get the set up right (still kinda futzing around with it), imaging and soundstage change pretty dramatically with toe-in.  So far, in my room, I prefer them angled in just slightly.  Angled too far toward the listening position I found the width of the soundstage reduced, but the imaging slightly better.  My personal preference is for a wide enveloping sound, and, like I said, it took a bit of trial and error to find a happy medium.

I haven't done any measurements, but the bass extends fairly well.  While it doesn't carry a whole lot of weight on the bottom end, what is there is articulated well. 

These are my first speakers with a full range driver.  So far, I am really enjoying what I'm hearing.