)
the old splitface.
Mike

eric the red

Re: FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers >< SOLD At LAST
« Reply #282 on: 10 Aug 2007, 09:25 pm »
Still going.... :scratch:  :?

:roll:  :roll: :roll:

Speakers are SOLD everybody-thanks for playing!

alotaklipsch

« Reply #283 on: 11 Aug 2007, 06:36 am »

Re: FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers >< Further Reduced
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2007, 11:55:19 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: macrojack on August 06, 2007, 08:43:32 pm
I bid a small amount so that I could monitor the bidding. I had good reason to be interested in their progress. Now I no longer have a reason to care.
This is one of the two pairs that were for sale back when Zu first announced there would be a Def 2. I thought he had sold them until they appeared recently. I wasn't watching at the time but Tvad emailed me a link.
I remember that the guy had no boxes. You might want to check that with him. If necessary, contact Zu. They will sell you boxes and ship them directly to the seller. Could be a bargaining tool. Unless, of course, you live close enough to pick them up yourself.

I think you will be surprised by how much the price runs up when the auction gets close to the end. A lot of people want to own these speakers. They are still one of the best available to working class audiophiles and I doubt seriously if any speaker under $20,000 gives you more.

I hope to hell you win them. I bet his reserve is at least $5K.

Happy to see you've finally sold your Zu speakers, but I doubt seriously you've heard all the best speakers under $20,000.

The GR LS-6 and LS-9, IMO, offer more than any Zu speakers for a lot less $$$.

macrojack

I am a dealer for Grado and Zu. See Woodsyi for de

« Reply #261 on: Yesterday at 06:20:17 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jhm731-

I wish to be taken literally. Re-read my post and highlight the part where I claim to have heard all the best speakers under $20,000.

If you like something else better, that's O.K. I'm quite sold on what Zu is doing and apparently the guy I was writing to is pretty convinced as well.

THIS is too funny Tom, I do NOT have a clue if the Zu's are worth it, or even if I would like em in MY listening room.  I hated the druids in my home, but, felt that at RMAF last year, the def's had some promise.  I fugured if I bought cheap enough, I could NOT LOOSE $$$$, and now that your buying the mid level vs, mk2's, I do not even wanna own the pro's cause, the mid level your buying, MUST be better than the Pro's.  I will listen at rocky mountain, and decide for myself in an half assed room.  As for Danny, and his speakers, I currently own epiphany 12/12's, which I just sold, and will be picked up in a few weeks, and have already paid for a pair of piano rosewood LS9's, which I am now considering talking to woodsyi about maybe having him make me a pair.

Tom, I have a hard time swallowing all your stuff on ZU, especially in you deciding to change from the def2's to the mid level......I dont get it!!!!!

Oh, and one of my amps, the Mactone MA300B, with matched quad of WE300B's, are perfect for High Efficiency.....

Anyway, please, Tom, do not suppose you know me, or my tastes.....per your statement above, cause, so far, I am totally in Danny Ritchies court :drool:vs ZU, and U :icon_lol:
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2007, 06:58 am by alotaklipsch »

anubisgrau

« Reply #284 on: 20 Sep 2007, 11:17 pm »
would anyone pls care to answer the following:
i'm contemplating on buying zu def to work with my altmann BYOB and DAC.
anyone had a chance to try these together and what are the thoughts
also, how's about a positioning of the subwoofer box in a smallish (22m2) room. where does it have to go in that case. as i have a window between the speakers, it cant go in the middle.
last but not least, how are zu def's for close to the wall positioning
cheers thanks

IronLion

« Reply #285 on: 20 Sep 2007, 11:31 pm »
Zu Definitions will only take up one square foot.  There is no subwoofer box, the bass drivers are integrated into the rear of the speaker enclosure.  With that in mind, I would imagine that they would need at least a few feet from the front wall for the bass not to overpower the room or get muddled.   

would anyone pls care to answer the following:
i'm contemplating on buying zu def to work with my altmann BYOB and DAC.
anyone had a chance to try these together and what are the thoughts
also, how's about a positioning of the subwoofer box in a smallish (22m2) room. where does it have to go in that case. as i have a window between the speakers, it cant go in the middle.
last but not least, how are zu def's for close to the wall positioning
cheers thanks

anubisgrau

« Reply #286 on: 20 Sep 2007, 11:41 pm »
yes thanks i've also realized that the woofers are not in a separate box as i've thought from the pics but back firing, like at horning agathon. this needs 1 meter or so at least to sound clear.