FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers >< SOLD At LAST

miklorsmith

Re: FOR SALE: ZU DEFINITION PRO speakers >< SOLD At LAST
« Reply #260 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:35 pm »
The LS-9's next to the Zu's would be a David and Goliath match up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #261 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:40 pm »
Would you like to bring your Zu's by when the LS-9's are up and running?

Then I can say I heard what the differences are.  :wink:

Cheers

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #262 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:42 pm »
Woodsyi,

This is fabulously ironic. I contend that this should not apply to me because I am not seeking to sell anything as is evidenced by the fact that I don't advertise. So your answer is to force me to advertise.

I'm not a DIY type - far from it - although I have changed a fuse a few times.

You are overreaching badly here.

The way I read that passage, it seeks to identify people who are attempting to bring profit bearing business to themselves covertly through AC postings. I am not in the least covert, nor am I seeking to bring any business to myself other than the sale of my used items for the sake of upgrade purchases.
I DO NOT stock, build, distribute, warehouse, design, modify, broker, or sponsor anything. I am a very zealous proponent of a particular brand. Who isn't? I have not provided anyone with the knowledge that I sell any product, nor have I tried to bring any buyers to me without stating in my ad that I have or have had an affiliation. Your moral stance here is silly.

However, as soon as I post this, I will do as you have instructed. I figure the more I bitch about it, the more likely I am to get some business opportunity from this conscription.

OOPs. I just remembered that I sold a used cartridge that Zu had modified for me just last week through AC without disclosing to the man in Charlotte, N.C. that if he had come to my house and heard the product and if it had been new, then I could have received a commission on the sale. Maybe. We never discussed that possibility when I bought the cartridge. Perhaps those are exempt from our arrangement.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #263 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:54 pm »
DGO - This is the sort of buddy boy fraternal crap I alluded to above.

If what you say is true about the comparison between your chosen speaker which you have never heard and my chosen speaker which I owned for over a year, were true (and nobody knows that), I still wouldn't care.

I would choose Zu because it is manufactured and sold by grownups who don't involve themselves in the sort of adolescent pissing match you are trying to start.

Even if you had heard both speakers and even if you knew what you were talking about and even if you could conduct yourself in a civil manner, you would still only be giving your opinion. This is fine because your opinion carries the same weight as mine or Harry Pearson's in the world of the rational and just. But in the world of audiophilia, your opinion is only worth the credibility it can engender within a small, gullible, naive and incredulous swarm of curious but doubting moronic savants. In other words, there ain't much use in this ranting. The clique will cheer you on in fraternal bluster and glee while the proponents of alternate options will dismiss you as crazy. You look for me in that second group.

miklorsmith

« Reply #264 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:58 pm »
Stoking the fires of peace again, eh Tom?   :|

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #265 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:59 pm »
DGO - This is the sort of buddy boy fraternal crap I alluded to above.

If what you say is true about the comparison between your chosen speaker which you have never heard and my chosen speaker which I owned for over a year, were true (and nobody knows that), I still wouldn't care.

I would choose Zu because it is manufactured and sold by grownups who don't involve themselves in the sort of adolescent pissing match you are trying to start.

Even if you had heard both speakers and even if you knew what you were talking about and even if you could conduct yourself in a civil manner, you would still only be giving your opinion. This is fine because your opinion carries the same weight as mine or Harry Pearson's in the world of the rational and just. But in the world of audiophilia, your opinion is only worth the credibility it can engender within a small, gullible, naive and incredulous swarm of curious but doubting moronic savants. In other words, there ain't much use in this ranting. The clique will cheer you on in fraternal bluster and glee while the proponents of alternate options will dismiss you as crazy. You look for me in that second group.

Macrojack,

To be fair, couldn't one say the same thing about your posts?

I am not taking any sides in this and I don't own either speakers (since we all know mine are better than either of yours  - just kidding).

I just think that before things get heated and somebody says something they will regret saying, let's all take a breather and put our you know what's back in our pants!

George

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #266 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:00 pm »
macrojack,

You need a reality check. Get a grip.

Cheers

samplesj

« Reply #267 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:00 pm »
Trumpeting one's own product is fine until it comes at the expense of another with nothing to back it up.
At least Denny is VERY CLEAR with his association.  I would expect nothing less from a dealer than to trumpet their product as the right solution over others.  The problem is that MJ is spamming the boards with gibberish trying to push Zu products.  He failed to mention that he stands to gain.  Even though he says that "hey I'm recommending used so I get nothing", its still a conflict of interest because more sales of Zu stuff from any source increases the exposure and makes it more likely he will be able to get commision on a pair himself.

What I find VERY odd is that even though MJ claims he should be exempt from the sig requirements because he isn't pushing Zu, he was already out of compliance with the grado bit.  There is NO rationalization for that at all since he is a real dealer and not just an amway-style home dealer.  That makes all the other "raves' even more "interesting".

BTW what you are seeing here is why no reputable speaker companies do the home audition/dealer thing.  It ALWAYS BACKFIRES because of overzealous fanboys and makes them look worse.

mcullinan

« Reply #268 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:05 pm »
Tom is macrojack, yes? You always have your panties in a bunch about something. Jesus man, the world aint black and white... and your opinion isnt the best, MINE is (hehe)

Jesus man,
I mean this in a commonly used secular manner!

Is this the thread where we just talk to break 10K posts?
If so Im all in. Id like to hear all the speakers we are talking about.
Mike

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #269 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:06 pm »
Tom,

Do-It-Yourself usually connotes tools and manual labor, but it could also cover a sort of an Amway type of operation in which you become a salesperson wherever you are.  The reason this clause was introduced was to enable members with semi-commercial interest to continue to post on AC without a full commercial web site.  There was an inclination at one point to require an up to date web site for every dealer regardless of the size of operation.

Consciously or subconsciously a person is likely to be positive toward a product he can make commission on.  I as a potential buyer would like to know that to properly valuate any sort of comments made on a product.  That is all.  I am sure John or someone will let me know if I am over-reaching here, in which case, I will stand corrected.  It won't be the first time I am wrong.  :|

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #270 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:28 pm »
Still going.... :scratch:  :?

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #271 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:41 pm »
Well I tried to post the required info. I guess I'll see, when I post this item, whether or not it worked.

Interestingly, this little measure might bring me a lot of inquiries that I CANNOT service. Don't you get it, folks? The deal is I can receive a commission if, and only if, someone buys a Zu product after having auditioned it at my house or store. I don't have a store and in fact, right now, I don't even have a Zu speaker. If, by some strange, chance, one of you came to Fruita, Colorado and auditioned my system and decided to try the same speakers you heard at my house and bought them factory direct from Zu and kept them beyond the 60 day trial period, THEN, THEN, and only THEN, I would be eligible for a small commission.

If you imagine that anything I write here is motivated by the remote possibility of a financial gain that I do not actively seek, then you are overreaching. I haven't discussed this matter with Zu in ages and can't even say with certainty, that it is still in place.

At one point about 18 months ago I had a fantasy notion of opening up a coffee shop/audio shop in a small house I own on the main street of Fruita. I went so far as to get clearances from the board of health and to acquire a resale license. I intended to sell analog products, Zu speakers and maybe some kind of electronics mostly for fun. My teenagers could have worked there and it might have been an interesting experiment. About that time I sold my EE MiniMax CDP to a playwright in New Orleans. He loved it, conversation continued and he mentioned he would like to buy a pair of RS-1 headphones. I had thought about buying a pair of those in the past myself so I contacted Grado and picked up my one and only product line. He loved his headphones and a friend of his contacted me to buy the other pair. Because Grado requires that you buy 2 each of six different products, I bought each of my kids a pair of SR 125 for Christmas and fleshed out the order with 2 each of the cheapest 4 cartridges.

Now you know the entire sales history of my business which, by the way, is called re:Sound. Ever heard of it? Ever seen me mention it in any thread?

I've actually been in and around this field for a long time and I've operated within it in several different capacities. There are a number of companies I know well enough to get accommodation deals from. I could be buying products at reduced prices and selling them at a profit. I don't do it. Everything I am offering for sale now was purchased used with the intention of using it myself. 

I'm writing all of this here to clear my name because the stones have started flying. 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #272 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:55 pm »
Thanks for putting in the disclosure, Tom.  I didn't and don't think you were financially motivated to talk up your speakers.  I certainly have not heard you talk up Grado products.  Now, if you tell me that you deal ZYX, then we need to discuss your duplicity.  :wink: 

miklorsmith

« Reply #273 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:04 pm »
I don't think you've been stoned (or inhaled anyway).  The questions were reasonable and the response equally so, levelheaded stuff.   :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #274 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:15 pm »
Tom/MJ has mentioned in the past about a Zu affiliation....

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=30494.msg271180#msg271180

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=31558.msg280245#msg280245

"I am presently affiliated with Zu but I wasn't when I bought my Druids."

So the info has been out there.... :wink:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=33853.msg301050#msg301050

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #275 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:27 pm »
I've always felt that if I sold any Zu speakers, it would just be a happy accident. I live in a town of maybe 9000 people. We are a bedroom community for Grand Junction, a metropolis of 45,000. It is, however, the largest city between Denver and Salt Lake and sits about 275 miles from each. During the 1980s when high end audio was taking off everywhere else, this part of the country was in a terrible depression. Exxon and Shell had pulled out of their oil shale endeavors on a Sunday night and the area was devastated by the loss of employment. It wasn't until the mid 1990s that economic recovery began. As a result, the seeds of audiophilia were never planted here and if any audiophiles have moved to the area, I remain unaware of their presence. Therefore, my only hope of finding a Zu buyer would require me to draw someone from the ski towns or lure a driver off of I-70. People traveling from either coast may as well go to Zu as come here. At least there is an international airport in SLC.

Those are the reasons I laugh at the suggestion that I am financially motivated. If I could sell them to you online, or even out of my own facility, then you would certainly be right to demand a declaration.

By the way, I ran out of space, in my profile. It is supposed to say, "See Woodsyi for details". I intend to give him my commission. Make sure you're upfront about that potential windfall, Rim, if you comment on Zu again.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #276 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:28 pm »
The questions were reasonable and the response equally so, levelheaded stuff.

Well.... maybe with exception to his shots at Denny... :roll:

sts9fan

« Reply #277 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:30 pm »
seems like a good thread to move to the sold section

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #278 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:36 pm »
Very true. The speakers are sold, after all.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #279 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:40 pm »
Maybe you should jump in on the offer I'm offering on the LS-9's.  :wink:

Cheers