Pacman vs. Marquez III

jimdgoulding

Pacman vs. Marquez III
« on: 10 Oct 2011, 02:49 pm »
In November, I think I read.  Also, think I read that Tim Bradley who is on the undercard will get a fight with the winner.  Manny and Marquez have met twice previously with one fight ending in a draw and the other a narrow decision for Manny.  Marquez is an exquisite and well coached fighter and can take a punch.  And like Pacman, quick as a cat.  Should be a goody.  Not the one we want to see but a goody nonetheless.   

dB Cooper

Re: Pacman vs. Marquez III
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2011, 05:12 pm »
Should be a good one, at least for awhile. Marquez has figured out Manny better than anybody. He showed tremendous heart in their first fight, climbing up from three early knockdowns to almost pull off the upset. (Many had him winning but they weren't the ones who counted.)

I see Pacquiao having a little bit easier time in this one. He's gotten bigger and Marquez has less tread on his tires. But every great fighter has someone who they just can't completely solve even though they are the better fighter. For Ali, it was Ken Norton. For Manny, it seems to be Marquez.

Manny seems to be frustrated by not being able to land Mayweather. Here's hoping that one happens.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2011, 04:17 am »
What you say makes good sense.  They know each other very well.

wendell

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2011, 09:01 am »
Pacquiao is also not the same fighter that Marquez fought the previous fights.  He has developed his right hand also.  Should be a great fight!  I don't really see Marquez age as a determining factor, from his previous fights with Diaz and Katsidis, he has won his last few fights against younger foes except Mayweather.  Although, with the Mayweather fight, he went up 2 weight classes and was cheated when Mayweather purposely came in over the agreed catchweight.  Marquez weight definitely did not help him as he looked fat, slow, and powerless.

JackD201

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2011, 10:50 am »
I'm really hoping it's a great fight especially since I'm flying almost half way around the world to see it! This may be one of Manny's last 2 or 3 fights. I'll be cheering hard for him but JMM I am sure won't be a pushover. Like stated earlier, he's got a style suited for an unorthodox fighter like Manny.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2011, 01:56 am »
I am not terribly excited about this fight.  Manny has been beating up really big guys and looking spectacular doing it.  Marquez looked absolutely terrible when he ventured to 142 lbs, this one is at 144.

After the Pacquiao fight in which Mosley went down he said "I just fought the best fighter in the world. He has exceptional power. I've never been hit like that before."

JackD201

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2011, 02:31 am »
It's those powerful legs of his. Middleweight legs.

This is Pac at a ring weight of around 146 or 147 IIRC. (Oops double checked it was 148 1/2) This should be what he walks into the ring with at a 144 catchweight. He'll probably weigh in at 142 or 143.

Dimfer

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2011, 04:12 am »
because my friend, the great JackD will not take me to Vegas as his bodyguard, I will be forced to shell another Cdn $ 70 to watch the fight in HD PPV in 120" screen in my basement.

I hope this turn out to be a great fight, that Manny wins by unanimous decision of course. If Manny had to do a quick job, it has to be more sensational than the Hatton KO  :thumb:

looking forward to this fight.

JackD201

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2011, 05:39 am »
For the record this is the only post I've made about male legs in my life. Usually they're about lady legs in ZZ Top videos.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I could Ding, I wish I could!

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2011, 11:07 am »
I was wondering about that. :nono:.  As you are actually flying half way around the world to see this fight it makes up for you posting pics of Pacquiao's legs. 

For the record this is the only post I've made about male legs in my life. Usually they're about lady legs in ZZ Top videos.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I could Ding, I wish I could!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2011, 10:07 pm »
Yeah, the weight thing is gonna be too much for Marquez.  He could get hurt badly.  But it's a good payday.  He ougtta start smelling the roses after this.  He's had a great career. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #11 on: 8 Nov 2011, 01:24 pm »
Just the other day, saw their second fight on the telly.  I'm not so sure Pacman won that personally, but the judges just did give it to him.  Pacman does have SOOOO much movement.  Of course, Marquez knows what to do if anybody does. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2011, 05:30 pm »
The two chaps will make a lot of dough tonite.  If this ends in some kind of set up for another fight, I'm gonna be outraged.  Been outraged a few times already.  Bernard Hopkins got a big payday for nothing and will surely have another one with the same fighter.  I don't look for that to happen in this case cause I've bought into the pride thing, but could I be a fool? 

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #13 on: 13 Nov 2011, 12:48 am »
The two chaps will make a lot of dough tonite.  If this ends in some kind of set up for another fight, I'm gonna be outraged.  Been outraged a few times already.  Bernard Hopkins got a big payday for nothing and will surely have another one with the same fighter.  I don't look for that to happen in this case cause I've bought into the pride thing, but could I be a fool?
These are two outstanding and proud fighters.  No shenanigans in this one.  I can't quite bring myself to buy this fight though.  Pacman has improved greatly since the second fight and Marquez is way out of his weight class.  I'm a bit afraid that Marquez will get brutally beat up.

I'll see if I can't find a stream somewhere...

jackman

« Reply #14 on: 13 Nov 2011, 01:37 am »
I am a big fan of both guys and loved both previous fights. Manny is at the top of his game and I predict a knockout.  Even though precious fights were close, I think Manny will be too much for Marquez.

Looking forward to Pretty boy to grow a set and agree to fight Manny. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #15 on: 13 Nov 2011, 03:33 am »
Marquez MAY fight a tacticle fight and avoid Pac's power.  It is concievable that he could decision Manny.  The Marquez camp has to know that Many is more comfortable at the weight.  But, Marquez is passionate and will likely get into many exchanges.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #16 on: 13 Nov 2011, 03:45 am »
I like Marquez but he went life or death with Juan Diaz a couple years ago. In the mean time  Pacquiao has been beating big welterweights and  super welters into submission...

Edit:  I got caught up in the hype and got the PPV.  We will soon see if I get my money's worth.  Enjoy !
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2011, 04:54 am by django11 »

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #17 on: 13 Nov 2011, 05:48 am »
Wow!  Marquez made Manny look human.  I'm really surprised, Marquez looked like crap against Mayweather.  Is it a case of styles make fights or is Mayweather that good?

rave959

« Reply #18 on: 13 Nov 2011, 07:26 am »
I think it's to lure Mayweather to fight.  They're planning the match sometime in May 2012.

Rclark

« Reply #19 on: 13 Nov 2011, 07:45 am »
I followed the fight while at work on my phone.. Apparently a very close fight. I can't wait to see it.

Anyway.... Mayweather Pacquio is a sure thing now.