JackD201 room..

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
JackD201 room..
« on: 13 Jul 2011, 03:48 pm »
Hey Jack old buddy..

Any chance of you taking several hi rez photos of your new room and sharing with us?  I only saw one shot on WBF and don't think it was a 100% complete photo.  Thanks!

JackD201

Re: JackD201 room..
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:52 am »
Hi Gavin,

This is a shot taken by the photographers of Vault (Magazine). They moved the furniture around so they could get full shots of what's on the racks in one go. At the time of the shoot the are rugs were (and still ARE Grrrrrrrrrrrrr) being made. Enjoy :)

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2011, 03:42 am »
Oh my Jack, that is heavenly  :thumb:

Just look at Jack's description, THIS is how a room should be designed:

Room description
Situated below ground. Custom low velocity vents and ducts for airconditioning. Very quiet with a noisefloor of 30dB with air conditioning running. RT60 of .3 at 20kHz gently rising to .6 at 20Hz
Acoustic Treatment
Fully Customized. Almute Ceiling Wave Cloud and Corner Prism Bass Traps. Various tuned resonators. Ceiling Absorber Diffusors, Ceiling Bass Traps. Rear Schroeder Diffusor.

Best,

Anand.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2011, 01:16 pm by poseidonsvoice »

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2011, 03:48 am »
Very Nice..... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2011, 12:31 pm »
Beautiful Jack!  Are you pleased with the bass response?  No humps that you are trying to tame?

JackD201

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:37 pm »
Thanks for the kind words folks :)

Thank goodness, no suckouts and no humps Gavin. No matter how much you plan, usually you can never be sure what actually will happen. The space was designed around prime numbers so the modal distribution was pretty high in frequency. About 280Hz. You know what that means! Very easy to treat!  :thumb:

mhconley

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:41 pm »
I'm speechless... :drool:

Martin

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2011, 02:55 pm »
This is how I envision heaven!! VERY NICE!! :drool:

BigSwede

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2011, 05:20 pm »
Now you know why I don't post any pics of my piddly setup :lol:

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2011, 09:55 pm »
OK Jack you can't get off that easily :lol: How about some hi rez shots of your equipment racks...and some room pics from other angles?

pardales

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm »
OK Jack you can't get off that easily :lol: How about some hi rez shots of your equipment racks...and some room pics from other angles?

:o

Yes. MORE! MORE! MORE!   :thumb:

JackD201

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jul 2011, 11:48 pm »
Okaaaaaaay. I'll get the camera out. :)

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm »
Thanks for the kind words folks :)

Thank goodness, no suckouts and no humps Gavin. No matter how much you plan, usually you can never be sure what actually will happen. The space was designed around prime numbers so the modal distribution was pretty high in frequency. About 280Hz. You know what that means! Very easy to treat!  :thumb:
So the length and width,height are all prime numbers?? I suck at math but I'm trying to understand this........very cool.

JackD201

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jul 2011, 12:04 am »
Yup. 3m x 7m x 11m , the worst case scenario is to have all sides equal (sphere then cube) and next worst have exact multiples of 2 in one or more dimensions. Prime numbers are the farthest one can get from having common factors (1). This is why we get a lot of little nodes at a higher frequency than few big ones at lower frequencies. I recommend prime dimensions to anybody doing a ground up build.  :thumb:

BigSwede

« Reply #14 on: 15 Jul 2011, 02:17 am »
I would think it is more an issue of the ratios between the dimensions... I mean, if you convert your dimensions to, say, inches, are they still prime numbers?  I haven't done the math, but probably not.

JackD201

« Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm »
You are right BigSwede it IS about the ratios. Converted, you still wont find many repeating multiples :)

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:07 pm »
..come on Jack...let's see those pictures  8)

jimdgoulding

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2011, 09:18 pm »
Mamamia!  No problem getting the stage and atmosphere of the recorded venue in that bad boy, I presume.   Instrumentalists and orchestras lifesize?  I think I know the answer.  That is a fabulous set up on all counts I can Imagine.  Way to go, Jacque!

JackD201

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm »
Thanks Jim! The loudspeakers can definitely breath freely but lifesize is stretching things a bit. I'd need VR-11s for that  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Hang in there Gavin, the place is a mess now. I'm recabling the entire kaboodle. Out go the Kubala Sosnas in favor of all VSA Signature PCs and ICs.  :thumb:

kernelbob

« Reply #19 on: 25 Jul 2011, 01:28 am »
I haven't heard the Kubala Sosnas, but I was amazed at the improvement when I replaced my interconnects, speaker cables, and (especially) power cords with the VSA Masterbuilt cables (I was using Shunyata Python and Anaconda power cords).  I detailed my impressions in the post "VSA Masterbuilt cables evaluation" in the Von Schweikert Owners circle.

You'll want to give them time to settle in.  At first light, instrumental timbres jump out at you, which is impressive in iteslf.  In retrospect, I'd liken this period of the sound to an Albrech Durer drawing-- wonderful outlines of the essence of instruments.  Later that quality is still there, but the rest of the aural colors start to fill out.  My experience was that there was a period of about a week (the second week) when things are in transition... patience.  I think it takes about a month for them to finish getting comfortable in the new system.  I'd appreciate hearing your impressions as you go through the break-in process.