B100 SST vs Separates

SoundGame

Re: B100 SST vs Separates
« Reply #80 on: 13 Jul 2011, 04:11 pm »
SoundGame,
Every change in interconnect (analogue and digital) and speaker wire has made a difference in the separates system.  A blessing and a curse!  Time like these really make me wish I had a local Bryston dealer who could offer some sage advice (and home demo).  I really like the direction my system is headed, but I haven't "arrived" yet.

For your main IC between the pre/pwr you might just want to go Bryston XLR - that way you are virtually guaranteed optimization of the linear sound that the Bryston's have been engineered to produce.  Your source connections and speaker cables will be a continual area of change, until you find your resting point.

headshrinker2

« Reply #81 on: 13 Jul 2011, 05:04 pm »
SoundGame,
I'd love to compare Bryston IC's and speaker wire to both similarly priced products from other companies, but also to more expensive products.  With some companies (e.g. Naim), speaker wire and IC's are considered a standard part of an overall system.  it's not clear at all to me that Bryston takes this approach with their IC's. 

We are all familiar with the popular debates on internet forums about stuff like this.  I let my own ears and wallet decide. 

Once I have my sources more firmly in place (ie. an upgraded CDP, BDP-1, or my MBP with a better interface), I plan on listening for myself.  I love the neutrality of my system, but I wouldn't mind a touch more richness and warmth.   

SoundGame

« Reply #82 on: 13 Jul 2011, 05:08 pm »
SoundGame,
I'd love to compare Bryston IC's and speaker wire to both similarly priced products from other companies, but also to more expensive products.  With some companies (e.g. Naim), speaker wire and IC's are considered a standard part of an overall system.  it's not clear at all to me that Bryston takes this approach with their IC's. 

We are all familiar with the popular debates on internet forums about stuff like this.  I let my own ears and wallet decide. 

Once I have my sources more firmly in place (ie. an upgraded CDP, BDP-1, or my MBP with a better interface), I plan on listening for myself.  I love the neutrality of my system, but I wouldn't mind a touch more richness and warmth.

If you're looking for a little more richness and warmth with some organic texture - you may want to explore the Cardas and VdH product lines - though they are quite expensive.

headshrinker2

« Reply #83 on: 13 Jul 2011, 05:57 pm »
Thanks very much for the suggestions!  I'll keep you posted where I end up.

If you're looking for a little more richness and warmth with some organic texture - you may want to explore the Cardas and VdH product lines - thought they are quite expensive.