vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Bryston Owner's Speakers
« Reply #180 on: 18 May 2011, 09:22 pm »
Nice system!

jaylevine

« Reply #181 on: 25 May 2011, 11:27 pm »

Maggie 1.7 driven by 4BSST2 and BP26 (coupled via a Cambridge Audio DacMagic, fed by an iMac, ripped CD in lossless format and interfaces to the DacMagic via an hiFace USB interface; Channel D PureMusic on top of iTunes....)

I originally had a pair of Paradigm Studio 100 V5; nice speaker, but could get a little fatiguing sometimes at volume for me. I was looking for something a little more balanced and coherent; lusted after the Maggie after auditioning them and they matched perfectly to my musical tastes (jazz vocals, classical guitar, bossa nova etc..)

The Bryston equipment is so quiet and drive the Maggies to their best capability.

won ton on

« Reply #182 on: 26 May 2011, 01:02 am »
jaylevine       Could i ask how big your room is. I'd like to get maggie 1.7's but i think my room is too small.I also have a 4bsst2,bp-26,bcd-1 and a bdac-1. I'm trying to decide between a bdp-1 or just go with a imac also

jaylevine

« Reply #183 on: 26 May 2011, 02:11 am »
jaylevine       Could i ask how big your room is. I'd like to get maggie 1.7's but i think my room is too small.I also have a 4bsst2,bp-26,bcd-1 and a bdac-1. I'm trying to decide between a bdp-1 or just go with a imac also

The room is pretty large (I live a loft condo) but my listeninng set up is fairly small (speakers are 6 feet apart and about 8 feet from where I sit when listening).

As to the bdp-1 I just started a thread about that very question, I.e, is it really worth the money over a good Mac based server set up.

Good luck.

vegasdave

« Reply #184 on: 26 May 2011, 06:54 pm »
Cool system, jay!

niels

« Reply #185 on: 26 May 2011, 10:30 pm »
Except for a couple of years with IMF RSPM, Tls 80 and Compact II speakers I have always had electrostatics. First Audiostatic ES180 hybrids, then ES100 DCI, and now Martin Logan Aeon I.
I am floored by the transparency of the ML and Bryston and is thrilled by the ability to sound absolutely stunning even at the lowest possible volume setting.
So, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

jaylevine

« Reply #186 on: 26 May 2011, 11:40 pm »
Cool system, jay!

Thank you sir!

Am looking for some advice on room treatments re: the floor space where my system lives is rectangular with all walls either concrete or large floor to ceiling window with a solid concreate ceiling. That coupled with wooden floors and you don't have a single soft surface in the place except an area rug right in front of my system.

Don't know if my harsh room dynamic is a factor but I have noticed that my Maggies are a little fussy w/respect to the sweet spot; you don't have to shift too far on the couch to lose a bit of the magic imaging.

niels

« Reply #187 on: 27 May 2011, 07:14 am »
This is normal with dipoles really, and the reason many dont buy them. What they dont realize is that even way outside the sweetspot is the sound still a world apart from dynamic speakers sound, imho.

vegasdave

« Reply #188 on: 27 May 2011, 07:40 pm »
Thank you sir!

Am looking for some advice on room treatments re: the floor space where my system lives is rectangular with all walls either concrete or large floor to ceiling window with a solid concreate ceiling. That coupled with wooden floors and you don't have a single soft surface in the place except an area rug right in front of my system.

Don't know if my harsh room dynamic is a factor but I have noticed that my Maggies are a little fussy w/respect to the sweet spot; you don't have to shift too far on the couch to lose a bit of the magic imaging.

You're welcome! I dunno, try Sonex foam behind the speakers and on the side walls?