Bryston Owner's Speakers

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Re: Bryston Owner's Speakers
« Reply #140 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:38 pm »

Hey Werd !   Looks like Vegasdave beat you to that lottery jackpot !   :)

D.D.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #141 on: 31 Mar 2011, 09:00 pm »

Hey Werd !   Looks like Vegasdave beat you to that lottery jackpot !   :)

D.D.

I haven't bought them yet, DD! lol. I've just made a decision.  :D

1oldguy

« Reply #142 on: 31 Mar 2011, 09:04 pm »
I haven't bought them yet, DD! lol. I've just made a decision.  :D

Double D's ....Where ,where?lol :green: :scratch: :thumb:

Diamond Dog

« Reply #143 on: 31 Mar 2011, 09:09 pm »

Double D's ....Where ,where?lol :green: :scratch: :thumb:

I like the direction this thread is taking... :wink:

D.D.

1oldguy

« Reply #144 on: 31 Mar 2011, 09:14 pm »

D.D.

Me too lol.Quick I'm going through withdrawal . :green: :D
Someone needs to repost that fab lady with the headphone for DD here. :thumb:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #145 on: 31 Mar 2011, 10:01 pm »
Me too lol.Quick I'm going through withdrawal . :green: :D
Someone needs to repost that fab lady with the headphone for DD here. :thumb:

D.D.

Time for a journey to the Twilight Zone. Where is Rod when you need him  8)

It is a journey where few wish to traverse, it is a time not yet visited but forgotten, a shadowy figure lurking in the fringe - it is a time when a KEF Q1 meets the inner beast known as a Bryston 28B SST² mono block amplifier. 

Sit back as you have now entered the Twilight Zone….

Be well...

mclsound

« Reply #146 on: 31 Mar 2011, 10:06 pm »
Hey Vegas
I love the ATC gear.I use 2 of their mids/side(they are accurate).The first speaker I heard was the active 50's(12" woofer) and they were awsome.I will say though that if you are going with 100's or 150's,you will need much more than a 4bsst(at least a 14) to get some goods out of them.Maybe the 50's with a 4bsst.I am not sure of your listening levels but what will happen is that you will find so much clarity that next thing you know,the 4 will run out of steam.
But look forward to some pics when you get them.

vegasdave

« Reply #147 on: 31 Mar 2011, 10:17 pm »
Ok, thanks for the recommendation. If I also can afford a 14B or 7Bs, I will do so. But, the speakers are gonna get bought first!

Ok, no problem. Hopefully I'll have a good camera by then. Maybe I can borrow a friends.

PRELUDE

« Reply #148 on: 1 Apr 2011, 12:02 am »
Any time I click on this thread usually something going on and after 22 years of using active system I came up to the point that wish I could put up a show and demonstrate the active and passive system in the same room with same playback and amplifaction.With a deep respect to everyone I do not have any interest to any brand never had a ATC or JBL so I do not know which one is better or not but I have a  story and hope to do not start another :duel:
Years ago me and my friend decided to build a complete system which changed our view of hi-fi.It was pre,power,phono stage,electronic crossover and speakers.At my job we had a mechanical engineer who heard about me at work.One day he came to me and asked me that what I have in my system.I told him that I have a Sony cd player and built the rest of it.He gave me the best smile and told me that he hates anything build in JAPAN and do not like speakers in the box.He loved his ELECTROSTATICS and KRELL.After few days the people that work with him told me that this guy is making all kinds of fun of you why you do not want to say somthing?I told them do not worry.And this is happend over and over and one day he came to me and invited me for lunch to show me the real deal.Well I went there and listen to his system.He thought that he would surprise me big time but nothing  happened.My friends  just forced me to take him home so I did.Now we have a big problem because I do not have KRELL and my speakers are in the box and my cd player is built in JAPAN.He came in with a full bag of cd,s I played music for 7 hours.We ate and he left.One week  later I realized that he does not like to talk to me anymore and one of the guys in the room that he works with came to me and told me I did it. I asked him that what I did? He told me that this guy sold his speakers and bought a new one.I asked again that what did he buy?He told me that he told everybody to do not tell you what he has now.So,this guy never talked to me any more.Even one they we had a meeting and I sat close to him and he changed his sit. :lol:

Robert D

« Reply #149 on: 1 Apr 2011, 12:50 am »

It is a journey where few wish to traverse, it is a time not yet visited but forgotten, a shadowy figure lurking in the fringe - it is a time when a KEF Q1 meets the inner beast known as a Bryston 28B SST² mono block amplifier. 

Be well...
Laundrew

Can you feel the sound stage ...
Or Better can you see it ?

Robert
I'm sure you can  :thumb: :thumb:

Robert D

« Reply #150 on: 1 Apr 2011, 01:06 am »

larevoj

« Reply #151 on: 1 Apr 2011, 01:20 am »

Be well...

David meeting Goliath  :green:

Interesting to read what you think about Kef cos I have a number speakers to audition and one of them is the Kef Ref 201/2.  :)

Diamond Dog

« Reply #152 on: 1 Apr 2011, 02:09 am »

Laundrew: Before you sit back, best fetch a broom and dustpan. You'll need it to sweep up those little fellas after you turn the beasties loose on them... :no_hear:

D.D.

vegasdave

« Reply #153 on: 1 Apr 2011, 02:52 am »
Any time I click on this thread usually something going on and after 22 years of using active system I came up to the point that wish I could put up a show and demonstrate the active and passive system in the same room with same playback and amplifaction.With a deep respect to everyone I do not have any interest to any brand never had a ATC or JBL so I do not know which one is better or not but I have a  story and hope to do not start another :duel:
Years ago me and my friend decided to build a complete system which changed our view of hi-fi.It was pre,power,phono stage,electronic crossover and speakers.At my job we had a mechanical engineer who heard about me at work.One day he came to me and asked me that what I have in my system.I told him that I have a Sony cd player and built the rest of it.He gave me the best smile and told me that he hates anything build in JAPAN and do not like speakers in the box.He loved his ELECTROSTATICS and KRELL.After few days the people that work with him told me that this guy is making all kinds of fun of you why you do not want to say somthing?I told them do not worry.And this is happend over and over and one day he came to me and invited me for lunch to show me the real deal.Well I went there and listen to his system.He thought that he would surprise me big time but nothing  happened.My friends  just forced me to take him home so I did.Now we have a big problem because I do not have KRELL and my speakers are in the box and my cd player is built in JAPAN.He came in with a full bag of cd,s I played music for 7 hours.We ate and he left.One week  later I realized that he does not like to talk to me anymore and one of the guys in the room that he works with came to me and told me I did it. I asked him that what I did? He told me that this guy sold his speakers and bought a new one.I asked again that what did he buy?He told me that he told everybody to do not tell you what he has now.So,this guy never talked to me any more.Even one they we had a meeting and I sat close to him and he changed his sit. :lol:

Interesting story!

Laundrew

« Reply #154 on: 1 Apr 2011, 12:59 pm »
David meeting Goliath  :green:

Interesting to read what you think about Kef cos I have a number speakers to audition and one of them is the Kef Ref 201/2.  :)

Greetings  :D

Actually our home theatre system is comprised of Q7 and Q1 KEFs. We did have a KEF centre but that was burned out and I must still replace it. A Marantz SR 19 drives everything and a Paradigm PS-1000 is used for the sub. It is a great sounding system and and the KEFs can really sing. We also use a Sony 70 inch XBR2. I have had to repair the Q1s, but I tend to blame the old Sony receiver we used to use as they have being great with the Marantz receiver. I was watching the Smashing Pumpkins last night and the audio was awesome.

Ironically, the 28B SST² would be much easier on the Q1s compared to our Sony STR D1015 receiver of past - as long as we stay away from the Mr. Hyde power band  :wink:

Be well...

youravhandyman

« Reply #155 on: 1 Apr 2011, 01:46 pm »
Laundrew, aren't those the iQ1?  I only ask because if Larevoj is going to be looking at KEF speakers they now have a Q series along with the iQ series.  Still 2 down from the Reference.  I love the KEF stuff.  It's been my go to brand for years now with my HT business.

Matt

Laundrew

« Reply #156 on: 1 Apr 2011, 02:09 pm »
Laundrew, aren't those the iQ1?  I only ask because if Larevoj is going to be looking at KEF speakers they now have a Q series along with the iQ series.  Still 2 down from the Reference.  I love the KEF stuff.  It's been my go to brand for years now with my HT business.

Matt

Greetings Matt  :D

I had another look at the back of the speaker and it only lists them as "Q1." I can not locate the paper work for them so I am not sure if they are iQ1. I have owned them for at least 5 years and we enjoy them very much. As I mentioned in my last post, the Sony receiver did not do them justice. I actually have 2 pair of Q1 speakers, one for my rear channel and a pair I used as bookshelves before my Bryston/Esoteric/JBL system.

Be well...

larevoj

« Reply #157 on: 4 Apr 2011, 10:06 am »
After a long and arduous search for the ideal speakers that suits my electronics, room, preference, sound, etc...I have finally arrive to only one Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M.

I just got the speakers today and I love the very first note played - its truly a piece of musical instrument with Italian craftsmanship  :)

vegasdave

« Reply #158 on: 5 Apr 2011, 04:22 am »
Congrats! Enjoy...

larevoj

« Reply #159 on: 5 Apr 2011, 06:07 am »