The Walking Dead

mjosef

The Walking Dead
« on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:22 pm »
AMC has been producing some fine series lately.
I am a big zombie flick fan, and this series delivers big time. Second episode is tonight...trapped in Atlanta, surrounded by the Walking Dead. Hell Yeah!
There are hot babes, lotsa gun-fire, brains being splattered...and zoombies everywhere.  :thumb:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

sts9fan

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:24 pm »
I thought the pilot was great!  I hear tonights is going to be real gory.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:30 pm »
My Dallas Cowboys are on tonite,, now that's real gory Walking Dead.  :duh: 

Cheers,
Robin

SlushPuppy

« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2010, 11:54 pm »
AMC has been producing some fine series lately.
I am a big zombie flick fan, and this series delivers big time. Second episode is tonight...trapped in Atlanta, surrounded by the Walking Dead. Hell Yeah!
There are hot babes, lotsa gun-fire, brains being splattered...and zoombies everywhere.  :thumb:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

I saw an advertisement for this a couple of nights ago and thought it looked interesting. Thanks for reminding me it was on tonight.

Slush

ton1313

« Reply #4 on: 8 Nov 2010, 02:13 am »
I thought it was great :thumb: Can't wait for tonight.

My wife hates horror, bu I got her to watch it and now she's hooked on it as well.

Did you watch Dead set on IFC? That was also pretty good.

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:16 pm »
I've never been a huge zombie fan, but I LOVED both episodes of this so far...looking forward to seeing more!

And Robin, your team is pathetic and I feel bad for Cowboys fans....and I'm a BILLS fan!!!  :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:56 pm »
Well AJ, I watched the season premiere from the AMC website yesterday (it's the ONLY episode they'll be showing) and watched sunday nights show also.... I'm hooked. Nothing like wrapping a string of intestines around your neck so you'll fit it among The Walking Dead to get my mind off Cowboy football.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

ebag4

« Reply #7 on: 9 Nov 2010, 09:43 pm »
Nothing like wrapping a string of intestines around your neck so you'll fit it among The Walking Dead
I could nearly smell them during that scene, happily it was all in my mind.  Good start to the new series!

Best,
Ed

Cacophonix

« Reply #8 on: 9 Nov 2010, 09:57 pm »
I didn't think the acting was great by any stretch, but production values are top-notch! Hard to believe that we are watching a TV series and not a big budget Hollywood blockbuster.

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2010, 04:45 am »
Well AJ, I watched the season premiere from the AMC website yesterday (it's the ONLY episode they'll be showing) and watched sunday nights show also.... I'm hooked. Nothing like wrapping a string of intestines around your neck so you'll fit it among The Walking Dead to get my mind off Cowboy football.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

:lol:

mjosef

« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2010, 05:20 am »

Did you watch Dead set on IFC? That was also pretty good.

Dayem,..caught this today on IFC, the whole 5 segments in one go...totally awesome. Gotta' love the Europeans, they can do horror, they play no favorites...sometimes there is just no "happy ending".

Wanna' piece of this gut?  :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2010, 05:32 am »
Wanna' piece of this gut?

Tastes like chicken..... :jester:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 11 Nov 2010, 06:15 am »
Tastes like chicken..... :jester:

I was thinking bloody beef jerky myself.  :drool:

Cheers,
Robin

ajzepp

« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2010, 08:05 am »
I can't believe there are only THREE episodes left in this season!! :cuss:

I'm really enjoying this show, and I think it has a lot to do with Frank Darabont. I love that the zombies almost take a back seat to character development. I'm looking forward to the last three of this season and then more to come in season 2!  :thumb:

Stercom

« Reply #14 on: 16 Nov 2010, 10:18 am »
 The makeup is better than many big screen movies. Throw in the decent character development/plot and you have great new series!

mjosef

« Reply #15 on: 16 Nov 2010, 11:29 pm »
I can't believe there are only THREE episodes left in this season!! :cuss:

I'm really enjoying this show, and I think it has a lot to do with Frank Darabont. I love that the zombies almost take a back seat to character development. I'm looking forward to the last three of this season and then more to come in season 2!  :thumb:

Whaaat? there have only been 4 episodes...maybe it was marketed as a "mini-series", to sorta gauge interest? Most tv series are approx.  15 weeks, give or take.  :scratch:
AMC is a little fickle, they recently canceled Rubicon which I sorta got hooked on.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #16 on: 17 Nov 2010, 01:26 am »
Whaaat? there have only been 4 episodes...maybe it was marketed as a "mini-series", to sorta gauge interest? Most tv series are approx.  15 weeks, give or take.  :scratch:
AMC is a little fickle, they recently canceled Rubicon which I sorta got hooked on.

That seems to be the trend for all the networks lately. A show hardly has an opportunity to gain a following before it's either pulled or cancelled all together. Even worse, the show might come back in 6 moths for another miniseries after it's been all but forgotten.  :scratch:  Seems like there are too many "young guns" behind the scenes that aren't capable of looking long term. Caprica on Sc-Fi, Flash Forward on NBC,,, you would not believe the list of shows that never get past season 1 or even through season1 for that matter. HERE's the list of all the cancelled shows for each season, some of which never made it through a full season, many of which I didn't even know weren't coming back. It makes you wonder if it's even worth wasting your time to get involved with a show that is guaranteed to leave you hanging.

That said, I'm in for 3 more episodes of The Walking Dead.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

sts9fan

« Reply #17 on: 17 Nov 2010, 03:19 am »
First season is only 6 episodes the second had already been picked up for 13.
It's an expensive show to make. No problem with people hedging their bet. It's called business.

ltr317

« Reply #18 on: 17 Nov 2010, 03:22 am »
I usually don't watch zombie shows, even the well regarded True Blood, but I like this series.  There's a lot more going on with the characters than just fighting the zombies.  It seems that the zombies are peripheral to the story. 

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #19 on: 17 Nov 2010, 03:53 am »
First season is only 6 episodes the second had already been picked up for 13.
It's an expensive show to make. No problem with people hedging their bet. It's called business.

Yeah,,, show business. Or No-show business.  :jester:    It's good to hear that it's the former business for The Walking Dead. I'd like to see where the show goes for another 1/2 season. But it would sure be nice of DirecTv would pick up AMC in HD. I've gotten waaay spoiled on high def.

Cheers,
Robin