The Walking Dead

ajzepp

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #20 on: 17 Nov 2010, 08:11 am »
It's funny...in the last five years I went from being really happy whenever a channel or show was in HD, to now feeling upset whenever it's not! lol

I'm glad to see that CBS finally got their big goofy heads out of their stanky butts and have given the green light to Amazing Race in HD next season. You have a multiple-award winning show, on the air for years, consistently one of the top rated and watched shows on tv, and it takes you THIS LONG to finally getting around to filming it in HD?  :duh:  Even more frustrating, what show would benefit MORE from HD than Amazing Race? What better purpose for HD than to see the amazing sights and cultures of the world as these folks race around it? Sometimes I just don't understand these networks...but I'm glad they finally got it right.

wushuliu

« Reply #21 on: 5 Dec 2010, 07:45 am »
Had high hopes for the show, but I'm pretty bored now. Scare factor is about zero at this point, so I hope some major plot development kicks in interms of villain/obstacle. After the first 2 eps, pacing slowed down considerably. My GF loves zombie movies though, so she's totally into it. Read Darabont canned all the writers.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #22 on: 5 Dec 2010, 06:50 pm »
Program note:

Don't miss your chance to bond with The Walking Dead!

The AMC marathon begins at 4:30 p.m. Sunday - today, concluding with the finale at 10 p.m.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #23 on: 5 Dec 2010, 06:53 pm »
I hope there's a "happy ending" finale to this series. Even zombies deserve to be happy.  :jester:

Cheers,
Robin

Charles Xavier

« Reply #24 on: 5 Dec 2010, 07:07 pm »
Program note:

Don't miss your chance to bond with The Walking Dead!

The AMC marathon begins at 4:30 p.m. Sunday - today, concluding with the finale at 10 p.m.

Cool. Got to get the munchies ready

ajzepp

« Reply #25 on: 6 Dec 2010, 08:48 pm »
I really enjoyed the season finale...now I'll have to brace for the withdrawal period until season 2 finally gets here!  :lol:

BobM

« Reply #26 on: 6 Dec 2010, 09:28 pm »
Missed it because my DVR was recording Boardwalk Empire. When is the rerun so I can watch that?

ajzepp

« Reply #27 on: 9 Dec 2010, 09:06 pm »
How are you enjoying Boardwalk Empire, Bob?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #28 on: 9 Dec 2010, 09:29 pm »
Missed it because my DVR was recording Boardwalk Empire. When is the rerun so I can watch that?

Hi Bob  :wave:

The next showing of the season finale Bob is friday 12/10 at 4:00am est, then again at 10:00am. Last chance is Saturday 12/11 at 1:00am est.  :thumb:

Sorry to see that you're still being restricted Bob but regardless have a happy upcoming Holiday Season.  :xmas:

Cheers,
Robin

BobM

« Reply #29 on: 9 Dec 2010, 10:09 pm »
Thanks Robin. I take it you're not making the trek down for the Rave this Saturday. Enjoy your holidays and maybe we'll see you next year.

I did get to watch both shows (the DVR found and recorded the reruns for me). I do like Boardwalk though.

What's going to replace Walking Dead in their off-season? It does seem like the fall season truly ends about now on most networks, and they start broadcasting a few new shows in January. The new way of things - it does beat just rerunning the fall episodes all over again.

mjosef

Re: The Walking Dead...back from the Dead
« Reply #30 on: 21 Mar 2012, 03:47 am »
 :lol:
Season two is in the history books.
And the lull is over...Democracy is dead. My way or the Highway.
Thoroughly enjoyed the past season. Some of the cast were getting way too cozy on that farm.
Looking forward to season 3 in September.

Cacophonix

« Reply #31 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:14 am »
Wow ... that was some season finale!  :thumb: :thumb:
The new character introduction towards the end was mind blowing ... i had to pick my jaw off the floor!

Can't wait for season 3! Clearly this series has gone from strength to strength.

Rclark

« Reply #32 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:31 am »
I have only seen season 1 (netflix), and am waiting to watch all of season two in a marathon session.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #33 on: 21 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm »
I have only seen season 1 (netflix), and am waiting to watch all of season two in a marathon session.

That's how we got hooked on it here - watched the marathon on AMC before season 2 started...every episode back to back. I came out of that changed...

D.D.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: The Walking Dead...back from the Dead
« Reply #34 on: 21 Mar 2012, 04:59 pm »
:lol:
Season two is in the history books.
And the lull is over...Democracy is dead. My way or the Highway.
Thoroughly enjoyed the past season. Some of the cast were getting way too cozy on that farm.
Looking forward to season 3 in September.

I have to watch the season ending episode still, but the ones leading up to it have been excellent!  Lots of tension and drama.   :duel:

BTW, I have started reading the graphic novels and there are some interesting differences... :no_speak:

George

DeadFish

« Reply #35 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:11 pm »
You will like the season ender, George.  It has me wondering WTF for season 3 really bad!
Please, if you will, any thoughts on the graphic novels would be appreciated if you would.  Hadn't gotten to those myself.  Is there an 'end' to the story or is it still going?  We don't know always how many seasons we'll be around to wait for.
Great tv show though, and I'm still wondering how 'Rick' gets such a great accent. ;-)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #36 on: 21 Mar 2012, 05:22 pm »
You will like the season ender, George.  It has me wondering WTF for season 3 really bad!
Please, if you will, any thoughts on the graphic novels would be appreciated if you would.  Hadn't gotten to those myself.  Is there an 'end' to the story or is it still going?  We don't know always how many seasons we'll be around to wait for.
Great tv show though, and I'm still wondering how 'Rick' gets such a great accent. ;-)

There are 16 or 17 volumes and the most recent arrived in the last month or so.

I didn't post anything on the graphic novels because I didn't want to spoil things.

George

Rclark

« Reply #37 on: 21 Mar 2012, 06:01 pm »
You guys should play the game on Facebook, it's excellent!

wilsynet

« Reply #38 on: 21 Mar 2012, 06:01 pm »
Had high hopes for the show, but I'm pretty bored now. Scare factor is about zero at this point, so I hope some major plot development kicks in interms of villain/obstacle. After the first 2 eps, pacing slowed down considerably. My GF loves zombie movies though, so she's totally into it. Read Darabont canned all the writers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-what-happened-fired-221449

Actually, Darabont was the one who was canned early in the filming of Season 2.  The pace has slowed considerably because the AMC insisted that budget be cut dramatically and hence more indoor scenes, less zombies, etc.

kbuzz3

« Reply #39 on: 21 Mar 2012, 06:23 pm »
I dont know about any of you but i was really disappointed by this year.  This show has soooooooooo much potential but i thought most of the season was wasted on endless blubbering on the farm.  I mean the super-cool season finale should have been three weeks ago.  Here are some random thoughts :

1) Thank god they left the farm already.  Wasted weeks....

2) At this rate the zombies should have ate the wife-who could be the least interesting character on the show-not to mention her endless whining.  See Cormac mccarthy's end of civilization book "the road" for dinner- meal ideas

3) Glad andrea was not killed, shes got both character appeal and looks. We need more of her zombie killing in denim

4) Will t dog ever get a chance to talk or will the standard black guy cliche continue. Its getting comical at this point.

5) Shane should have stuck around with nuances to his character - ie not fully good or evil.

6) Maggie is pretty hot

7) Where are the friends of the dudes offed in the bar-which was the best scene in the series after the horse in atlanta thing.

8) is all the flab with the plot and endless repetitive dialog due to the firing of the producer before this season began?

9) More zombies. See 28 days....

10)  If you dont need to be bitten why are there still dead bodies in the cars on the freeway?

11) Rick needs more ammo

12) The sound effects guy needs to utilize more rear and side channels for better 5.1 scares and atmosphere.  See spartacus another great stupid show that uses the sound mix very nicely

13) Herschel had about 40 rounds more then believable during his bad ass shoot down before he escaped.  See other movie cliche threads....

14) Hope next season bouces back to where the show could be