Attention Hockey Fans - Time for a Canadian Cable Tour

wywires

All you recipients of free health care and other Canadians up in the Great White North are invited to sign up for a WyWires cable tour. I'll wait for a week before I send out the package as I want to be sure that I am sending the right stuff. Canada residents only please due to the hassles of sending packages accross the border. I'll be conducting a US tour as well as an EU tour in a few weeks. Here is what I am thinking:

One Line Level Interconnect with RCAs at 4 feet
One Balanced Line Level Interconnect with XLRs at 6 feet
One pair of 8 foot speaker cables with spades on the amp end and bananas on the speaker end
One 6 foot power cord (NEW - Look for an announcement shortly)

If you are interested and want to sign up, please review the list of cables to be sure they will work in your setup. If something is too short, please let me know and I'll modify the list. To sign up, please send me an email at alexs@wywires.com. I am open to suggestions.

This is so much fun!

werd

Re: Attention Hockey Fans - Time for a Canadian Cable Tour
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2010, 09:33 pm »
Sounds great !!!  :thumb:

highfilter

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2010, 07:10 am »
Very tasty.  :drool:

E-mail sent. I've been following the feedback on these cables for awhile, and it would be great to try them out first hand.

mclsound

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2010, 07:53 am »
Well I must say,there are some great reviews from good people,and I must know!
Im in.

mclsound

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2010, 03:28 pm »
There must be some Canadians interested???I am near Toronto if it helps.

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2010, 12:40 am »
Get in on the tour, people! 

Those of you out there who thought I was exaggerating their merits have a chance to decide for themselves with no commitment.  Check 'em out!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2010, 01:06 am »
Get in on the tour, people! 

Those of you out there who thought I was exaggerating their merits have a chance to decide for themselves with no commitment.  Check 'em out!
+1...you gotta hear them. :thumb: :thumb:

TONEPUB

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2010, 01:11 am »
And check out the hockey museum while you are up there!  Read all about it in issue 31!

wywires

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2010, 01:26 am »
And check out the hockey museum while you are up there!  Read all about it in issue 31!

Your point being?

werd

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2010, 04:34 am »
Your point being?

I think he is just making mention of the hockey museum in Toronto that he talks about in issue 31 of Tone audio.

mclsound

« Reply #10 on: 6 Sep 2010, 03:42 pm »
well i will spread the word up hear Alex

highfilter

« Reply #11 on: 15 Sep 2010, 09:58 pm »
Any updates on when us Canadians will get a taste of the WyWires?

wywires

« Reply #12 on: 15 Sep 2010, 11:02 pm »
My sincerest apoligies to all Canadians. I've been somewhat busy the last two weeks in preparation for some audio shows. I hope to have the package in werd's hands next week and we'll go from there.

werd

« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2010, 09:32 pm »
Yoohoo !! cant wait  :thumb:

wywires

« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2010, 09:56 pm »
So far I have 5 audiophiles up North signed up for the tour. Just to make things a little more interesting, I have redesigned the interconnect cable such that it can be used to interface a line level source to a preamp as well as a preamp to a power amp(s). The new one is a little livelier with improved air and resolution while still maintaining a sibilance free presentation, IMO.

Here is the current list:

werd, David S., Clayton B., John M., 1oldguy.

The package for the Canadian tour will include two 1.25 meter RCA IC's and three Juice power cords. I'm not doing speaker cables at this time because of the too many varaibles such as length and termination requirements. I will ship the items to werd on Monday. If anyone else is intersted in participating, please email me at alexs@wywires.com and I will put you on the list. Please be sure to provide me with your mailing or shipping address.

Thanks and pleasant listening!

Alex

werd

« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2010, 11:03 pm »
Hi

Sure would like to hear your speaker cables...

highfilter

« Reply #16 on: 17 Sep 2010, 11:10 pm »
Hi

Sure would like to hear your speaker cables...

As would I. One of the major reasons I wanted to take part in the tour was to hear the speaker cables. Especially since they are supposed to be fantastic. I think if you included a pair at standard length and termination, those with the means would be able to use them, and the others could just try out the ICs. And then at least a few of us could give feedback on the speaker cables and make this tour more valuable to the company, as well as everyone else interested in hearing feedback.

Of course I'll take part no matter what, but that's my 2 cents.

wywires

« Reply #17 on: 17 Sep 2010, 11:13 pm »
A question to all: Is an 8 foot pair with spades on one end and bananas on the other sufficient? I'd like everyone to chime in and if we get strong concensus, I'll include a pair of SC's.

Thanks,

Alex

highfilter

« Reply #18 on: 17 Sep 2010, 11:46 pm »
A question to all: Is an 8 foot pair with spades on one end and bananas on the other sufficient? I'd like everyone to chime in and if we get strong concensus, I'll include a pair of SC's.

Thanks,

Alex

Works great for me.

Thanks.

werd

« Reply #19 on: 18 Sep 2010, 12:32 am »
Hi

Anything works for me. Make it 10 ft just to be sure. I can use any termination on both my amp and speaks so it doesnt matter to me.