Attention Hockey Fans - Time for a Canadian Cable Tour

mclsound

Re: Attention Hockey Fans - Time for a Canadian Cable Tour
« Reply #20 on: 18 Sep 2010, 05:43 am »
Hi Alex
I may have 2(but one for sure and a Krell KSA250 owner)guys to contact you this wknd.
I am picking up a Krell 700cx today so spades(amp) and bananna at speaker end is perfect(10ft better than 8)
Any XLR's in this tour?That is all the big Krell has!And is all I use on my mains?
I will look forward to a great tour
john

werd

« Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2010, 06:26 am »
Hi Alex
I may have 2(but one for sure and a Krell KSA250 owner)guys to contact you this wknd.
I am picking up a Krell 700cx today so spades(amp) and bananna at speaker end is perfect(10ft better than 8)
Any XLR's in this tour?That is all the big Krell has!And is all I use on my mains?
I will look forward to a great tour
john

Hi John

I liked Nagy's cables and so did you. These cables are different breed altogether. He had them priced right at rca's 1500$ hehe. they rolll over everything i have owned at under a grand. You are in for a treat...

highfilter

« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2010, 10:02 am »
Hi John

I liked Nagy's cables and so did you. These cables are different breed altogether. He had them priced right at rca's 1500$ hehe. they rolll over everything i have owned at under a grand. You are in for a treat...

Nice, looking forward to hearing the WyWires then. I currently use Nagy's XLR and Speaker Cables and found them a huge and welcome improvement over the generic Monoprice cables I was using before. Especially in cymbal and guitar rendition.

Alex, any chance to include some XLR cables to try on the tour? Looks like some other people have some balanced only amps.

Cheers,
Clayton

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2010, 11:11 am »
A question to all: Is an 8 foot pair with spades on one end and bananas on the other sufficient? I'd like everyone to chime in and if we get strong concensus, I'll include a pair of SC's.

Thanks,

Alex

8 Ft is perfect! I prefer bananas/bananas though...

Gopher

« Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2010, 04:30 pm »
I suggest mixing bananas and spades.  Its a tour and more likely to be usable for most people.  With that combo you can make most every setup work.

mclsound

« Reply #25 on: 21 Sep 2010, 08:18 am »
Hi John

Hi Werd
Naggy's cables are to bright(in my system now) and need to mellow the sound at HIGH volume especially with the addition of a Krell FPB700cx.I like treats Werd.Alex let me know if my 2 friends contacted you(pass labs and KSA250(LOL))

wywires

« Reply #26 on: 22 Sep 2010, 12:49 am »
Hi Werd
Naggy's cables are to bright(in my system now) and need to mellow the sound at HIGH volume especially with the addition of a Krell FPB700cx.I like treats Werd.Alex let me know if my 2 friends contacted you(pass labs and KSA250(LOL))

One did...

mclsound

« Reply #27 on: 22 Sep 2010, 07:51 am »
the other will follow

wywires

« Reply #28 on: 23 Sep 2010, 09:16 pm »
OK, the big box of cables is on its way to werd as we speak. It should arrive by the end of next week depending on Canada Post efficiency. The box weighs in at 6 lbs, 13.2 oz. and it contains three 6 foot power cords, one set of 9 foot speaker cables with big spades on one end and bananas on the other and two different interconnects that are actually different. One is 8" longer than the other. One is the current design that was beta tested by several people here on AC and the other is a brand new design. It's up to you to figure out which is which. I love to play games.

Actually, I would like your preference of one versus the other and why. They really are quite different.

The cables are new so they will need some time to burn in - sorry werd. A soon as werd is done with them, I'll provide shipment details for the next person on the tour list.

wywires

« Reply #29 on: 23 Sep 2010, 09:18 pm »
the other will follow

Got it - Thanks

highfilter

« Reply #30 on: 23 Sep 2010, 09:23 pm »
OK, the big box of cables is on its way to werd as we speak. It should arrive by the end of next week depending on Canada Post efficiency. The box weighs in at 6 lbs, 13.2 oz. and it contains three 6 foot power cords, one set of 9 foot speaker cables with big spades on one end and bananas on the other and two different interconnects that are actually different. One is 8" longer than the other. One is the current design that was beta tested by several people here on AC and the other is a brand new design. It's up to you to figure out which is which. I love to play games.

Actually, I would like your preference of one versus the other and why. They really are quite different.

The cables are new so they will need some time to burn in - sorry werd. A soon as werd is done with them, I'll provide shipment details for the next person on the tour list.

Yummy. What flavor are the cables? Hot Sauce or Honey...

DavidS

« Reply #31 on: 24 Sep 2010, 12:25 am »
Just catching up on all this discussion - the big box looks fabulous and look forward to receiving it here on the west coast.  WyWires is all over Positive Feedback today - some nice coverage of wires not in the box I think.  I particularly need some power cords so will be paying close attention those when they come my way.

werd

« Reply #32 on: 2 Oct 2010, 01:54 am »
Ok folks

I got some good news. The Wywire's great canadian big box tour has commenced and is now in full swing... hehe. Got them today and will be inserting this weekend for some wywire cable sound. The carnival atmosphere emitting from the box is most exhilarating.  Woot let the games begin !!!!  :D

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #33 on: 2 Oct 2010, 02:15 am »
Werd...don't be absconding those babies!!!   :nono: :thumb: :thumb:

werd

« Reply #34 on: 2 Oct 2010, 02:38 am »
Werd...don't be absconding those babies!!!   :nono: :thumb: :thumb:

What box?

wywires

« Reply #35 on: 3 Oct 2010, 11:38 pm »
The Great Canadian Cable Tour is officially under way. The contents of the box is in werd's system burning in as we speak. David S. is next on the list after werd is finished burning and listening and has had time to formulate his opinions. Thanks werd!

werd

« Reply #36 on: 6 Oct 2010, 02:20 am »
Hello

Yes, been putting tons of hours on them right off that bat. Anybody who is on tour here is going to be in for a real entertaining eye opening experience as to what you can get out of cabling. I had to slug through all the burn in but they are smoothing out very nicely as we speak. Not to mention i failed on Alex's guessing game and guessed wrong..  :lol:. But in my own defense i was using the cables in the wrong position and you don't want to do that.

werd

« Reply #37 on: 11 Oct 2010, 06:28 pm »
Now that i have a complete loom of wywire's cables running i have to say the speaker cables were the ones that snuck up on me the most. At first i didn't have much affection to his speaker cables as i did my own. I thought they were a little smoothed out and a little too safe in the transients. The crash cymbals didnt ring like i was used to.

Well here we are now and after going back and forth with my own speaker cables, guess which ones get all the air play. They have excellent sense of air and i would say even less distortion than my own. There is something very on about them that's hard to get a handle on it, but it just shows up in which ones i prefer out of the two. IOW i like Wywires better than mine.

Gopher

« Reply #38 on: 11 Oct 2010, 06:38 pm »
The speaker cables took a while to come around before the had me singing their praise as well.  What do you mean by 'your cables'?  Was your reference something DIY or commercial? 

werd

« Reply #39 on: 11 Oct 2010, 07:10 pm »
The speaker cables took a while to come around before the had me singing their praise as well.  What do you mean by 'your cables'?  Was your reference something DIY or commercial?

My own are Gutwire Synchrony2. They are excellent at the volumes i listen too. Tons of good low end with plenty of air. Good sharp transients that don't soften the leading or trailing edges. At first the speaker cables were just not there and sounded flabby (hehe) sorry Alex. You needed to get a bunch of volume in them to get the bass  going. But now they work real nice at the volume i like. I still get more bass out of my gutwires but the quality of bass is better imo out of the Wywires. I also still get better transients out of my gutwire but the Wywires offer a better sense of air and i see further into the sound stage. I guess its a preference and taste at this point.